+ Reply to Thread

Default Is depression a side effect that merck has on the list ?

I AM NOT ANTI PROPECIA!!!!!

Is depression a side effect that merck has on the list ? when i google this, Wikipedia States that this is in fact the case. If thats true, i think that people need to be carefull if the have a history with depressions, i myself is in that category, and my doc told me not to start a treatment like this, because it could trigger depression again. So what do you all think about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger norwood's View Post
    I AM NOT ANTI PROPECIA!!!!!

Is depression a side effect that merck has on the list ? when i google this, Wikipedia States that this is in fact the case. If thats true, i think that people need to be carefull if the have a history with depressions, i myself is in that category, and my doc told me not to start a treatment like this, because it could trigger depression again. So what do you all think about it ?
    Of course it's a side effect. Depression is related to low androgens and what the f do you think you're doing with propecia...

Not all the side effects are listed either. For example me and another dude here ****ed up our prostate.

The real sides are unveiling as years go by.

However, not everyone gets sides. Keep that in mind.

But it's like playing Russian roulette, for people who dont know if they are sensitive to have depressions or other mental diseases. I think that spencer should state that, when he talks about propecia on the show, that people who have a history of mental illnesses in the family should be cautious if they are thinking about starting on propecia.

Never tried propecia...but just thinking about hair transplant scarring and hair loss can get me depressed.

Difficult to say- as depression commonly linked with hair loss anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    Difficult to say- as depression commonly linked with hair loss anyway.
    Lol exactly, don't get me wrong, probably is a real side, but I'd say a lot of that depression comes from GOING. ****ING. BALD.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzzro View Post
    Lol exactly, don't get me wrong, probably is a real side, but I'd say a lot of that depression comes from GOING. ****ING. BALD.
    Going bald is depressing indeed, but being kept stuck in a clinical depression, chemically, for as long as you take the drug is an insane thought, and one can only imagine what that can lead a man to do.

Dude, I've been depressed since I was in my late teens. That was a long long time ago. I started taking propecia -then switched to Proscar later- since the late 90's and still take it now. Am I more depressed? Well, yeah but NOT because I'm taking Proscar. No. I'm depressed because of some real sh*tty circumstances I'm going through. Also, where I live (in the dark ugly rainy WET Coast of Western canada) every day the sun doesnt shine is a very depressing day - which is pretty much 10.5 months of the year. yet suddenly when the sun is shining I'm as happy as a bird DESPITE ALL THE SH*T THAT I'M GOING AND HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH.

Another thing, if you are ever depressed when on Fin, then chances are it's because you're LOSING YOUR HAIR rather than because you're using Fin. I would say the same when it comes those sexual side effects people attribute to Fin. Last year I had one massive sudden shed that left my hair thinner than ever. As a result of that shed : I became even more depressed. Suffered from severe anxiety. Lost weight. Suddenly had more lines on my face that made me look older after I used to look younger than my age. And, my sexual desire was pretty much NON EXISTENT. It suddenly took a dive and I didn't want to even think about women any more. I was like this for several months and only started feeling better after my hair loss stabilized. However, not a day or even a minute goes by without me thinking about the future. I tell you, for some, hair loss can be an extremely depressing thing and it can affect every aspect of your life without you even realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Dude, I've been depressed since I was in my late teens. That was a long long time ago. I started taking propecia -then switched to Proscar later- since the late 90's and still take it now. Am I more depressed? Well, yeah but NOT because I'm taking Proscar. No. I'm depressed because of some real sh*tty circumstances I'm going through. Also, where I live (in the dark ugly rainy WET Coast of Western canada) every day the sun doesnt shine is a very depressing day - which is pretty much 10.5 months of the year. yet suddenly when the sun is shining I'm as happy as a bird DESPITE ALL THE SH*T THAT I'M GOING AND HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH.

Another thing, if you are ever depressed when on Fin, then chances are it's because you're LOSING YOUR HAIR rather than because you're using Fin. I would say the same when it comes those sexual side effects people attribute to Fin. Last year I had one massive sudden shed that left my hair thinner than ever. As a result of that shed : I became even more depressed. Suffered from severe anxiety. Lost weight. Suddenly had more lines on my face that made me look older after I used to look younger than my age. And, my sexual desire was pretty much NON EXISTENT. It suddenly took a dive and I didn't want to even think about women any more. I was like this for several months and only started feeling better after my hair loss stabilized. However, not a day or even a minute goes by without me thinking about the future. I tell you, for some, hair loss can be an extremely depressing thing and it can affect every aspect of your life without you even realizing it.
    i feel you bro :-) hair loss is devastating and i can relate to what you are saying, but fighting a chemical war against your brain, when you are sensitive to changes in that area, can end up in a very bad way. And what comes first the hairloss or the despression, when you are depressed you have a negative focus regarding the future, these are the symptoms, so hairloss hits you much harder if you have a depression, and you tend to be obsessed by things like this. Why do you think some men just shave their head, and live their life. those are the ones who have a healthy mental situation, spencer always say's "these are the guys who are the lucky ones".

All this comes from a guy who is a mix of scorpion and joe from staten island, obsessed with looks and hairloss and is socially isolated from it. But i am trying to be sensible when it comes to my health both mentally ans psychically.