+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow Gerard Joling 3rd HST

So my hiatus from TBT lasts about 10 days surprise surprise. Anyways this is quite interesting. I've been skeptical and I'm quite cautious by nature so I'm unsure of HST but I had a look at some pics of Gerard Joling's 3rd HST procedure and it looks pretty damn good I must say.

He's had 3 HST procedures:

2009: 1500 FU
    2011: 1650 FU
    2012: 1670 FU

So 4820 FUs to date from HST and I believe either 2 or 3 FUTs back in the day.

Here's a video too:
    http://www.shownieuws.tv/video/weer-...r-voor-gerard/

I saw this on another site and nicked them so credit goes to everyone's favourite marvel character, Iron Man.

And here's a vid of one of Dr. Jose Lorenzo's patients who received 11770 FUE:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjoHgkzKsXw

You may find it useful to weigh up the donor scenario against a normal FUE which has been taken to the max. I'm still none the wiser but I must say Joling's donor seems to be in decent nick, minus the smiley from the 90s of course. So is there regeneration? Hard to know but I'm impressed by the donor, regeneration or splitting.

Thoughts? Is the tide turning? I'm still clueless.

Note: Previewed it and the pics are coming out smaller than on the other site so just give it a quick google and have a look at the pics on hair$ite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	joling1.jpg

Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	16136   Click image for larger version

Name:	joling2.jpg

Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	16137   Click image for larger version

Name:	joling3.jpg

Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	16138   Click image for larger version

Name:	joling4.jpg

Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	16139  

Apparently he had 3000 grafts transplanted by FUT more than a decade ago. Damielmillo provided a breakdown of it:

1995: 1400 grafts FUT

1997: 1600 grafts FUT

http://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showpost...&postcount=122

2009 : 1500 Grafts HST

2011 : 1650 Grafts HST

2012 : 1670 Grafts HST

TOTAL: 7820 Grafts
    That's a very large number of grafts for a patient that doesn't appear to have a particularly dense donor area to begin with. It's even more impressive when you consider that he can have even more HST procedures. Even though he may be cured at this point, it would be interesting to see him go even further and really push the limits with the number of grafts.

The donor looks excellent like you pointed out. We should also keep in mind that these pictures were taken right after 1670 grafts were extracted so it should look even better when it's allowed time to heal/regenerate. Regardless, he has his head shaved and if it wasn't for the FUT scar, I think he'd be able to pull off that look, which is pretty amazing when you realize how many grafts were extracted.

Definitely a very interesting case.

One thing is for sure, doesn't seem to leave any marks. The 0.6mm punch cuts an area that is only 36% that of a 1mm punch. Minimal aesthetic change to the donor area anyway or so it seems. I guess time will tell.

Does he extract the donor outside the nw7 area? It's too high for me.

playsound

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    So my hiatus from TBT lasts about 10 days surprise surprise. Anyways this is quite interesting. I've been skeptical and I'm quite cautious by nature so I'm unsure of HST but I had a look at some pics of Gerard Joling's 3rd HST procedure and it looks pretty damn good I must say.

He's had 3 HST procedures:

2009: 1500 FU
    2011: 1650 FU
    2012: 1670 FU

So 4820 FUs to date from HST and I believe either 2 or 3 FUTs back in the day.

Here's a video too:
    http://www.shownieuws.tv/video/weer-...r-voor-gerard/
    gerard joling just 12 days after his 3rd procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3CkY7mvQ-M

photo gallery

http://www.schagenvandaag.nl/nc/nieu...ankt-6845.html

the fast recovery time is really great.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    gerard joling just 12 days after his 3rd procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3CkY7mvQ-M

photo gallery

http://www.schagenvandaag.nl/nc/nieu...ankt-6845.html

the fast recovery time is really great.
    God, his music is SHIT.

Hair looks great - I wonder if he wearing conceeler.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    God, his music is SHIT.

Hair looks great - I wonder if he wearing conceeler.
    In the second picture his hairline looks strange.... The shape is weird looking. I think it's the photo's angle and the fact he hasn't had a proper head shave yet, ie the sides are longer than the top. Also, his hairline almost look too thick.... Now that's a problem I could deal with.... Although I'd like to avoid it. I suppose it could be healing still, or the angle, but it looks kinda strange to me. It'll look good again grown in.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    In the second picture his hairline looks strange.... The shape is weird looking. I think it's the photo's angle and the fact he hasn't had a proper head shave yet, ie the sides are longer than the top. Also, his hairline almost look too thick.... Now that's a problem I could deal with.... Although I'd like to avoid it. I suppose it could be healing still, or the angle, but it looks kinda strange to me. It'll look good again grown in.
    Reality is, *nobody* has a perfect natural hairline. Everyones is somewhat off even if by a little..... just like everyone has one leg slightly longer than the other.

But that doesnt matter in this case... this guys hair looks absolutely amazing. Nearly 8,000 grafts is nuts... I'm starting to seriously consider Gho and a flight to London, England. Hair and self esteem doesnt have a price, so I don't care what the costs are if it means being satisfied with life as opposed to being depressed or stressed... thats not a life worth living for (and yes, I realize one needs to cope with hair loss and stay positive, but its a hell of a struggle that not everyone can overcome and not everyone benefits from the bald look).

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Reality is, *nobody* has a perfect natural hairline. Everyones is somewhat off even if by a little..... just like everyone has one leg slightly longer than the other.

But that doesnt matter in this case... this guys hair looks absolutely amazing. Nearly 8,000 grafts is nuts... I'm starting to seriously consider Gho and a flight to London, England. Hair and self esteem doesnt have a price, so I don't care what the costs are if it means being satisfied with life as opposed to being depressed or stressed... thats not a life worth living for (and yes, I realize one needs to cope with hair loss and stay positive, but its a hell of a struggle that not everyone can overcome and not everyone benefits from the bald look).

Ya, I agree. I estimate (assuming no other options arrive) that I'll need 6-8 HST treatments over my lifetime. For awhile I had trouble considering spending 60-70k over my lifetime on HST. I thought of all the stuff i could buy. Then I pictured myself in a brand new mercedes-benz and realized.... I wouldn't be happy in it. I'd be a miserable depressed bald guy sitting in a brand new mercedes-benz. Thats when I decided to say **** it. There is nothing that money would buy that could make me happier than having my face framed. I'm tired of shaving my head and looking like gollum from LOTR.

what is ANYTHING that costs 70k worth, if you don't feel comfortable in your own skin?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Ya, I agree. I estimate (assuming no other options arrive) that I'll need 6-8 HST treatments over my lifetime. For awhile I had trouble considering spending 60-70k over my lifetime on HST. I thought of all the stuff i could buy. Then I pictured myself in a brand new mercedes-benz and realized.... I wouldn't be happy in it. I'd be a miserable depressed bald guy sitting in a brand new mercedes-benz. Thats when I decided to say **** it. There is nothing that money would buy that could make me happier than having my face framed. I'm tired of shaving my head and looking like gollum from LOTR.

what is ANYTHING that costs 70k worth, if you don't feel comfortable in your own skin?
    That is god damn right. The mercedez, although a nice car doesnt bring anywhere near as much happiness as your HEALTH.

My moms a classic example of this. She's been psychologically messed up for the past 15 years, on medication for the whole time. 8 years ago she had her thyroid removed which messed up her hormones. 2 years ago she developed tinnitus (a permanent buzzing noise in her head/ears that noone else can hear). Now she's at home with a fractured knee (although this will heal).

She wishes for nothing in life except to be healthy.

It really is sad to see such slow progress being made in the world of hair loss sufferers considering how so many of us find our lives shattered by it. I say many because for some of the lucky ones its actually an improvement, some men look much better without hair than with hair, but for those of us on this forum and others.... its clearly not the case.