X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiger norwood's
    • Jul 2012

Propecia = depression

I AM NOT ANTI PROPECIA!!!!!

Is depression a side effect that merck has on the list ? when i google this, Wikipedia States that this is in fact the case. If thats true, i think that people need to be carefull if the have a history with depressions, i myself is in that category, and my doc told me not to start a treatment like this, because it could trigger depression again. So what do you all think about it ?
  • dex89
    • Jul 2012

To tell you the truth, I did feel depress the first 3 months while taking it. I felt lonely and I had no ones support even though I did. lol never felt like ever till those months.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

Definitely a hard call. It may depend on how depressed the patients about the hair loss. With all medications you must factor all the positives and negatives before deciding if it is right for you.The potential positives must out weight the negatives.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Hair loss=depression.

Comment

• gmonasco
          Inactive
          • Apr 2010

Hair-loss drug linked to severe depression in men

Men who take the hair-loss medication Propecia and develop sexual side effects may be at risk for severe depression and suicidal thoughts, a new study suggests.

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by gmonasco
            Men who take the hair-loss medication Propecia and develop sexual side effects may be at risk for severe depression and suicidal thoughts, a new study suggests.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48549905...h-mens_health/
            I said it once, and i will say it again. I think Spencer should tell people to show caution if they have a history of mental illneses in the family.

And it gives a new dimension to the debate about people "only imagining" all these side effect. If you have a depression can there be a reduced interest in sex? yes there can, and when you have a depression a whole lot of somatic symptoms can develop. Furthermore all the mental side effects of propecia have the same characteristics as a depression.

SO Please Spencer!! Bring this out to the masses, Propecia is for the majority of people a very viable option for hairloss, but people with a vaunable psychological profile, have to be cautious.

Comment

Working...