+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Current hairstyle & Future hair transplant

I'm curious if anyone can tell me if my current hair style would be ok if I had a hair transplant. It's cropped at 1 but further down. Where exactly would the scar be on my head? If it's in the mid-area, maybe I can keep the style?

Photos:

I just cut it short recently after trying it longer. Didn't really like it as much. I guess I'll have a look at scar photos and show my hairdresser, see if he thinks he could work around it somehow...

Doctor Representative

It depends on which technique is used. With Strip, you will need to grow your hair longer. With FIT/FUE, you don't need to grow your hair longer. It also depends on how your body heals, i.e., do you get raised scars, do your scars fade easily, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nzekab View Post
    It depends on which technique is used. With Strip, you will need to grow your hair longer. With FIT/FUE, you don't need to grow your hair longer. It also depends on how your body heals, i.e., do you get raised scars, do your scars fade easily, etc.
    Thanks but yeah I'm aware of the different techniques. It's more about the actual positioning of the FUT scar that I'm curious about. I'm hoping I can still keep my style.

FUE is out of my price range.

that's made me laugh, I appreciate the thought!

Basically my credit is good so I can get finance for £7000-8000 which is the cost of FUT. FUE would be double that. I think with a good surgeon my scarring shouldn't be too bad, and I have the optiion of FUE or SMP into the scar.

Why not wait until aderans and histogen proves what they can do before you get a hair transplant? It's not that far off.

I think things have been "not too far off" for a few decades now. I guess I'm quite skeptical. Even (best case scenario) they release something in 5 years that totally regrows hair, I'll have lost 5 years of my youth and find myself in my mid-30s still going through this shit

I guess I just don't want to put my life on hold like that. My plan is to be looking good by next summer so I can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I think things have been "not too far off" for a few decades now. I guess I'm quite skeptical. Even (best case scenario) they release something in 5 years that totally regrows hair, I'll have lost 5 years of my youth and find myself in my mid-30s still going through this shit

I guess I just don't want to put my life on hold like that. My plan is to be looking good by next summer so I can move on.
    I think by 2 years, we will have something. If i were you i would wait atleast 2 more years than think about hair transplant. Its a big decision that can be great or make you even worse with a scar. Just my opinion, you seem like you have enough hair to maintain you for another 2 years.

Highlander being civil to Chrisis Now if a miricale like that can happen surely they can find a cure for baldness