Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
    No way would FUE cost you over €16,000. Your situation only needs 2,500 grafts MAX.

1,800 grafts with Dr. Gho is €9,400. You DEFINITELY can afford FUE for you situation.
    But I haven't seen anything from Dr Gho to suggest he can do world class hairlines... That's probably why he's cheaper?

Comment

• aim4hair
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
      that's made me laugh, I appreciate the thought!

Basically my credit is good so I can get finance for £7000-8000 which is the cost of FUT. FUE would be double that. I think with a good surgeon my scarring shouldn't be too bad, and I have the optiion of FUE or SMP into the scar.
      In your case i don't recommend FUT at all since you got sides from fin and you know you won't be using that shit again, your hair and donor now are pretty good, but if your hair loss get aggressive and you are not able to stop it with meds, then you really don't wanna end up with an ugly scar on the back of your head.
      Plus, nobody can predict how big the strip scar could be even if the doc is good since there is always a possibility that the scar would stretch.
      With all potential treatments coming in next few years, i would also suggest dr. Gho now simce it's the least invasive HT you can get on both donor and recipient areas and will do minimum damage to your scalp compared to other traditionsl HTs. And with HTC and other promising treatments coming out you really don't wanna damage your scalp now.
      But you don't really have to go for Gho, you can do regular FUE and your price range is good enough for it, there are many good FUE doctors that are not so expensive. One of my favorite FUE doctors in the world is dr. Keser in turkey and he only charges 3.5 euro per graft.

Comment

• chrisis
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
        I have never received a quote from a surgeon that was more expensive than Dr Gho.

Besides, he does HT's with far, far quicker recovery, no scarring, and regrowth. Just keep going back for more density if you really want.

Frankly if I were you, do a good HT surgeon for the front hairline, and Gho for everything behind that.
        Sounds really complicated! Dr Rahal and Dr Feller wouldn't be able to do 2500 grafts FUE for less than £14k

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Chrisis you could probably afford FUE with Feriduni. It would definitely be an alternative. I believe it's €5 a graft but on a sliding scale so the price drops per graft as the session gets bigger. Might work out at something between €4 to €4.50 per graft for the amount of work you'd need done. Just an option to consider.

Comment

• chrisis
            • Feb 2012

Thanks for the feedback aim4hair. I'll look into Dr Keser and Dr Gho but having a natural and dense hairline is the priority for me.

Comment

• Maradona
              • Nov 2011

Thanks for the feedback aim4hair. I'll look into Dr Keser and Dr Gho but having a natural and dense hairline is the priority for me.
              I agree with HighLander. Go for Gho for density and get Feriduni on your hairline.

Comment

• chrisis
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
                I agree with HighLander. Go for Gho for density and get Feriduni on your hairline.
                I've not heard of anyone preemptively selecting doctors for different aspects of a hair transplant on the basis of their strengths, but it's an interesting idea.

Would I be able to do both within the same time period? E.g. let's say I booked Dr Gho on a Monday, and then got Dr Feriduni to work by the Friday? So basically I'd be asking Dr Gho to give me density without using much donor, and then Dr Feriduni's task would be perfecting the hairline?

Or would it have to be two entirely different operations over the course of a year or two?

Comment

• cleverusername
                  • Nov 2011

I've not heard of anyone preemptively selecting doctors for different aspects of a hair transplant on the basis of their strengths, but it's an interesting idea.

Would I be able to do both within the same time period? E.g. let's say I booked Dr Gho on a Monday, and then got Dr Feriduni to work by the Friday? So basically I'd be asking Dr Gho to give me density without using much donor, and then Dr Feriduni's task would be perfecting the hairline?

Or would it have to be two entirely different operations over the course of a year or two?
                  I think you have to wait a while for the donor area to heal for that possible regrowth in the donor area. I think gho said wait 9 months.

Comment

• Maradona
                    • Nov 2011

Get Feriduni for your hairline. Then have Gho everywhere else as your hairloss gets worse. It doesn't have to be in the same month or even the same year.

I am not sure if jotronic's company does FUE on the hairline but that would be good too.

Comment

• chrisis
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
                      Get Feriduni for your hairline. Then have Gho everywhere else as your hairloss gets worse. It doesn't have to be in the same month or even the same year.

I am not sure if jotronic's company does FUE on the hairline but that would be good too.
                      So you reckon Feriduni for the hairline FUE would be equivalent to FUT with Dr Rahal or Dr Feller in terms of price? My only concern is that Dr Rahal and Dr Feller have (in my opinion) the very best portfolios of hairlines when it comes to working with men of my age. Dr Rahal in particular dense packs hairlines like no other I've seen, and I've been researching for over a year now. If I'm wrong, then others must lack the evidence online to support their work.

Comment

• Maradona
                        • Nov 2011

So you reckon Feriduni for the hairline FUE would be equivalent to FUT with Dr Rahal or Dr Feller in terms of price? My only concern is that Dr Rahal and Dr Feller have (in my opinion) the very best portfolios of hairlines when it comes to working with men of my age. Dr Rahal in particular dense packs hairlines like no other I've seen, and I've been researching for over a year now. If I'm wrong, then others must lack the evidence online to support their work.
                        You have to know there is a big difference between best results and results on average. HT Doctors usually post their best results n you will probably never find out what their results on average are.

Be very careful not to be fooled by some of them. I am not saying that they're results are bad or that they are bad doctors but just remember that when making a choice.

Photos are not the whole story, bro.

Comment

• Stevie R
                          • Aug 2012

Don't get an HT dude I am dealing with the strip scar right now and it sucks, just be happy and content with your head and move on, trust me.

Comment

• chrisis
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Stevie R
                            Don't get an HT dude I am dealing with the strip scar right now and it sucks, just be happy and content with your head and move on, trust me.
                            Thanks but I'm thinking of FUE instead. I decided I couldn't deal with the risk of the scar. Have you considered FUE into your scar? Or the new SMP thing?

Comment

• Still-Researching
                              • Feb 2010

Hi Chrisis,
                              Seriously you should make a consultation with Feriduni, he can make you hairline like you want it in one go and you will have plenty of donor left for more later. He will probably even be able to do it within or very close to your budget.

I know you have seen my HT story as you have comment on it, so will not link to it. I was looking around like you for more than 3 years... before I pulled the trigger - considering the same doctors.

Good luck.

Comment

• Still-Researching
                                • Feb 2010

I was never interested in Keser. Believe Keser is not even IAHRS?
                                Not heard much about him though, which is strange as I been reading and researching a lot or at least I use to.

I meant Feller, Rahal and Feriduni which seems to be the doctors he was looking at.

Comment

Working...