Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Current hairstyle & Future hair transplant

I'm curious if anyone can tell me if my current hair style would be ok if I had a hair transplant. It's cropped at 1 but further down. Where exactly would the scar be on my head? If it's in the mid-area, maybe I can keep the style?

Photos:

• chrisis
    • Feb 2012

I just cut it short recently after trying it longer. Didn't really like it as much. I guess I'll have a look at scar photos and show my hairdresser, see if he thinks he could work around it somehow...

Comment

• nzekab
      Doctor Representative
      • Mar 2012

It depends on which technique is used. With Strip, you will need to grow your hair longer. With FIT/FUE, you don't need to grow your hair longer. It also depends on how your body heals, i.e., do you get raised scars, do your scars fade easily, etc.

Comment

• chrisis
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by nzekab
        It depends on which technique is used. With Strip, you will need to grow your hair longer. With FIT/FUE, you don't need to grow your hair longer. It also depends on how your body heals, i.e., do you get raised scars, do your scars fade easily, etc.
        Thanks but yeah I'm aware of the different techniques. It's more about the actual positioning of the FUT scar that I'm curious about. I'm hoping I can still keep my style.

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

FUE is out of my price range.

Comment

• chrisis
            • Feb 2012

that's made me laugh, I appreciate the thought!

Basically my credit is good so I can get finance for £7000-8000 which is the cost of FUT. FUE would be double that. I think with a good surgeon my scarring shouldn't be too bad, and I have the optiion of FUE or SMP into the scar.

Comment

• john2399
              • Jan 2012

Why not wait until aderans and histogen proves what they can do before you get a hair transplant? It's not that far off.

Comment

• chrisis
                • Feb 2012

I think things have been "not too far off" for a few decades now. I guess I'm quite skeptical. Even (best case scenario) they release something in 5 years that totally regrows hair, I'll have lost 5 years of my youth and find myself in my mid-30s still going through this shit

I guess I just don't want to put my life on hold like that. My plan is to be looking good by next summer so I can move on.

Comment

• john2399
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
                  I think things have been "not too far off" for a few decades now. I guess I'm quite skeptical. Even (best case scenario) they release something in 5 years that totally regrows hair, I'll have lost 5 years of my youth and find myself in my mid-30s still going through this shit

I guess I just don't want to put my life on hold like that. My plan is to be looking good by next summer so I can move on.
                  I think by 2 years, we will have something. If i were you i would wait atleast 2 more years than think about hair transplant. Its a big decision that can be great or make you even worse with a scar. Just my opinion, you seem like you have enough hair to maintain you for another 2 years.

Comment

• MrBlonde
                    • Jul 2012

Highlander being civil to Chrisis Now if a miricale like that can happen surely they can find a cure for baldness

Comment

• chrisis
                      • Feb 2012

Miracle on Norwood 4 street

Comment

• Maradona
                        • Nov 2011

Miracle on Norwood 4 street
                        I think we should do that for Dr. Gho.
                        Put up funds and send someone to have another guy like GC documenting his procedure.

Comment

• dex89
                          • Jul 2012

I think it looks fine the way it is. Plus I don't think people pay attention to the back of your head more in the front. Try a mohawk? you might look good with it.

Comment

• chrisis
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
                            I think we should do that for Dr. Gho.
                            Put up funds and send someone to have another guy like GC documenting his procedure.
                            Maybe a clinic could fund it. It would be in their interests long term for them to know what the competition is, so they can keep up. I'm sure they've made enough out of us poor bastards to do something altruistic anyway. It would be quite a good idea for their to be a foundation for things like this.

Comment

• Maradona
                              • Nov 2011

Maybe a clinic could fund it. It would be in their interests long term for them to know what the competition is, so they can keep up. I'm sure they've made enough out of us poor bastards to do something altruistic anyway. It would be quite a good idea for their to be a foundation for things like this.
                              I think the problem is that HST can only be done once a day and it requires more than one staff member.

Plus I don't think Dr. Gho will be willing to give up all of his rights.

You got insane donor and minor baldness so anything would work just fine for you.

Comment

Working...