+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best topical DHT for maintaining mid anterior/crown

Hi

I was on a high minoxodil % with some azelaic acid and a few others bits n pieces a few years ago and I had positive results with it. I am wondering what other topicals are useful in conjunction.

I see people experimenting with RU/CB/Equol etc but since there have been few results orientated posts Im going to wait on the outcomes before consideration.

Thanks

J

Minoxidil or any other topical "growth stimulant" won't "maintain" anything. It will simply help thicken your existing hair, whatever is left of it, only for as long as there is hair there, but they will still keep falling off if you're not addressing that problem.

Finasteride/Dutasteride however, does maintain your hair. Hence why you should use finasteride with minoxidil. They are like tag team partners. But like every tag team, there's always one who can actually fight by himself and become a star. In this case, that's finasteride. Finasteride can single handily fight hair loss by it self, by maintaining or considerably slowing down what you have. Minoxidil can not do this. Minoxidil is good for when you have already stopped or slowed down your hair loss with fin, it strengthens those hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Minoxidil or any other topical "growth stimulant" won't "maintain" anything. It will simply help thicken your existing hair, whatever is left of it, only for as long as there is hair there, but they will still keep falling off if you're not addressing that problem.

Finasteride/Dutasteride however, does maintain your hair. Hence why you should use finasteride with minoxidil. They are like tag team partners. But like every tag team, there's always one who can actually fight by himself and become a star. In this case, that's finasteride. Finasteride can single handily fight hair loss by it self, by maintaining or considerably slowing down what you have. Minoxidil can not do this. Minoxidil is good for when you have already stopped or slowed down your hair loss with fin, it strengthens those hairs.
    Appreciate the reply. I wont be going on Fin. I am more interested in stuff like lipogaine/dulagen etc. Stuff that has a few DHT inhibitors in it. I would use minox in conjunction with these as a stimulant IF they work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    Appreciate the reply. I wont be going on Fin. I am more interested in stuff like lipogaine/dulagen etc. Stuff that has a few DHT inhibitors in it. I would use minox in conjunction with these as a stimulant IF they work.

Thanks
    CB has failed. I don't know about Equol but it's a pill that inhibits DHT from your body so you might as well take finasteride. The chances of side effects are low anyways.

I would say your best bet, if you want to avoid that low % of sides with fin, is RU. If it don't work then think hard about fin.

Hop on the RU train, choo choo! Leaving baldness in less than a month , leaving baldness city in less than a month towards that place called "reduced shedding and maintenance" town.

Choo Choo !

Maradona, is it effective to use both Fin and RU together??? I'd think if you used RU, a lower dosage of Fin may still be somewhat effective. I was thinking of easing into a low dosage of fin, and just using RU on my hairline/temples, what are your thoughts on this bro??

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    CB has failed. I don't know about Equol but it's a pill that inhibits DHT from your body so you might as well take finasteride. The chances of side effects are low anyways.

I would say your best bet, if you want to avoid that low % of sides with fin, is RU. If it don't work then think hard about fin.

Hop on the RU train, choo choo! Leaving baldness in less than a month , leaving baldness city in less than a month towards that place called "reduced shedding and maintenance" town.

Choo Choo !
    Yeah I have seen the RU thread, but nobody has used it for a prolonged period of time. Also does RU have any systemic absorption or is it solely for scalp DHT suppression? What sides have been reported on RU?

Thanks/gracias

I've seen RU work in different forums from different places.

Check ganarpelo.org and the RU thread.
    Hairlosshelp.com
    ***************** (here the RU threads were deleted).

Anyways. You can certainly get almost the same sides as fin but RU is quickly eliminated from your body if absorption occurs. Unlike fin it won't stay for week or days to cause any permanent sides and these permanent sides hasn't been documented since RU users started to appear years ago.

You cannot expect too much for RU. If you could manage to get the RU molecules into your AR 100% then you can expect a 100% reduction in shedding. There is almost no regrowth in RU, it happens in some users but most just stop their shedding COLD TURKEY.

They pull, they curl, they comb their hair and nothing comes out.

I wouldn't recommend finasteride to anybody. I just can't bro, i had permanent sides with it.

But I can tell you chances that you will end up ****ed with permanent sides is very very low but it's still there.

However I will answer your question honestly: Yes adding finasteride would pretty much work much better but I don't see the point if RU works for you.

RU on the hairline can stop your hairloss better than finasteride because it not only stops DHT from binding to your AR but any other androgen.

It's like making your AR feel "full" but what you are giving it it's not an androgen or DHT or T, it's just RU, the molecule you're putting it on your bald scalp. The signal for miniaturization is there fore not activated but there won't be any up regulation because the AR "feels" it did it's job. There are papers on this by the way.

If there is systematic absorption then your androgen receptors in different parts of your body will be affected as well but there won't be any permanent side effects. The worse I've heard with RU is bitch tits.

Just start low with 50mg and use a good solution like the KB solution. There's study and a paper on it saying it's the best solution to avoid absorption and increase efficacy and that's the only reason i'm jumping on RU.

But you can try the regular solution first and see how it works for you, it can still be as effective as the KB solution.

The main problem with RU is delivery. Like I said if you could get the RU to your AR, you will pretty much stop shedding. But this varies from person to person and this is why some do not see good results.

You never know until you try.

True, true, thanks for responding man. I've just starting looking into RU, and I like the looks of it, but practically and financially it doesn't seem as convenient as Fin. Im losing my hair at a pretty quick rate. My brother is 4 years older than me, started losing his at my age, and is almost completely bald now. So I imagine putting RU on my entire scalp would be expensive, especially when I don't keep my hair super short on the top.

I had seen some posts on hairlossforums about people who were on Fin, then introduced RU to their regimen, while decreasing their Fin dosage. So basically after being on fin for a few years, they were trying to find the lowest Fin dosage for them that could still yield optimal results, with the RU seemingly making up for the Fin droppage.

Also Maradonna if you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you go about taking Fin? What dosage did you start at, how long were you on it, how long have you been off it, and in this time how were the side effects coming ,going or changing.

I really appreciate all your help by the way, I'm trying to learn as much as possible about hairloss before I make any decisions, and this place helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    True, true, thanks for responding man. I've just starting looking into RU, and I like the looks of it, but practically and financially it doesn't seem as convenient as Fin. Im losing my hair at a pretty quick rate. My brother is 4 years older than me, started losing his at my age, and is almost completely bald now. So I imagine putting RU on my entire scalp would be expensive, especially when I don't keep my hair super short on the top.

I had seen some posts on hairlossforums about people who were on Fin, then introduced RU to their regimen, while decreasing their Fin dosage. So basically after being on fin for a few years, they were trying to find the lowest Fin dosage for them that could still yield optimal results, with the RU seemingly making up for the Fin droppage.

Also Maradonna if you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you go about taking Fin? What dosage did you start at, how long were you on it, how long have you been off it, and in this time how were the side effects coming ,going or changing.

I really appreciate all your help by the way, I'm trying to learn as much as possible about hairloss before I make any decisions, and this place helps a lot.
    You can cover a nw6 pattern with 1ml of RU. I am looking for a special brush to do this much efficiently. I have thick hair and long hair but it's receding fast so I'm the same position as you.

Yes RU can be expensive from the american source but it's more pure and more legit and if you can't afford it then try the chinese RU and see how it works for you, for most it works as good but I just don't wanna take any chances when money is not an issue for me. Sometimes they send bad batches and they are not as fresh.

If you try the chinese RU it can be more cheap.
    I heard somebody is doing a group buy for 10g of RU 170 bucks, it's a huge group buy. You might join them and see how RU works for you.

When your hairloss is very aggressive I doubt RU will do much for you. Going bald bald in 3 or 4 years it means in my opinion you have more genes being activated and fin/RU/DHT inhibition will do little for you.

But you never know though, it can work or help.
    Also note that I am not going to be on RU for life. I am just trying to hold on what I've got till histogen comes out.

I started fin with .5mg for 20 days then upped for 1mg. My penis went numb and it was dead. However I've got better and better over the months then other stuff started to appear besides the erection issue.

I seem to be slowly getting better though. I consider myself lucky because there is people who are REAL bad post fin. I just wish I had never touched this in the first place I don't know what will happen to me.

Yeah there is a geezer called el duterino who seems to have had a good exp on RU. Maradona if RU leaves the body in an hour, does it still have the same effect of say Fin which lasts for days?

Since RU seems to be effective on the hairline, I may add it.