+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 18 losing hair. What are my options?

Hi, I'm 18 and live in the UK. I've had my suspicions that I was losing hair since about 16 but the last few months have made it a reality and I have bitten the bullet to come here. I have "scene" hair which I have spent the last few months growing back out due to the worst hair cut ever. I was looking through my tumblr and found this pic from this time last year.

Now that my hair is the same length I can, with absolute certainty, say that my fringe is definitely thinner to the point that it doesn't cover my huge fivehead. Looking in the mirror my temples have gone back in the corners and my hairline is no longer straight. I know it's pathetic but my self-esteem has gone through the floor, I stress out to the point that I throw up, I cry like a little bitch some days for hours and hours and last week I lost it and destroyed all the mirrors in my house in some kind of terrified hysteria.
    I like my long hair because it makes me look more attractive, I have quite a long narrow head and a fivehead, my hair frames my face and covers up my huge dome. I don't want to sound vain or conceited but my hair = my game, to get girls, I can just break away from my group so I'm alone and girls will approach me and start hitting on me. I don't want this to go away. The girls I am intrinsically attracted to DO NOT like bald guys.
    My hair is only thinning on my temples and was told that this is " a mature hairline" but I don't buy it. I went to my GP and she laughed when I said I was losing my hair, but I insisted something was up and had a blood test yesterday. When I get the results I am positive my GP will insist nothing is wrong or that I'm too young for fin etc, so I came here to find out what my options are. What can/should I do? Is a HT an option? I don't mind going bald at ~35 so could I have a HT in order to at least enjoy my youth? And realistically will I be able to get my fringe as thick as in my pic ever again? I will take pics of now if I must, but I'd rather not as it makes me feel like shit.

I would happily lose a kidney for my hair back. Shit, I'd rather exchange one of my hands for it and spend the rest of my life waiting for a badass Luke Skywalker robot appendage to be developed than wait for this baldness cure which seems to be forever on the horizon.
    Gahhh, wtf do I do? Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Jack93 View Post
    ...was told that this is " a mature hairline" but I don't buy it.
    You don't have to buy into it if you don't want to, but it is still true. Males do not get to keep their temple hair. That is just the way it is.

Go see a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Males do not get to keep their temple hair. That is just the way it is.
    yet some males do...how does that work?

i agree this "mature hairline" exists...it is part of the frontal hair loss in mpb BUT it is still hair loss/baldness and not a natrual thing.

some women even have temple hair loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack93 View Post

I would happily lose a kidney for my hair back. Shit, I'd rather exchange one of my hands for it and spend the rest of my life waiting for a badass Luke Skywalker robot appendage to be developed than wait for this baldness cure which seems to be forever on the horizon.
    Gahhh, wtf do I do? Please help

lololol, I can use this as my signature. This is the best quote i've heard in this forum.

If you are 18 there's not much you can do. You shouldn't touch finasteride until your body fully develops.

If you are seeing temple recession only then chances are your baldness is very slow and you have a few years left to wait for a better treatment than finasteride and I can tell you 100% that it is coming.

My advise to you is to wait till +21 to try to finasteride or a new treatment.

You may have a mature hairline after all or your temple recession might stop there for 10 years or so.

Having temple recession only with baldness is the best baldness. It's usually slow and not aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    ...and not a natrual thing.
    You do not know what you are talking about. It is both natural and normal for most males, especially caucasion males, to loose their temple hair. Not everyone does, but most do. This is a natural and normal part of maturing into an adult male and it is completely separate from MPB. You can deny it all you want, but denying it doesn't change the fact that it is the truth. Deal with it.

You do not know what you are talking about. It is both natural and normal for most males, especially caucasion males, to loose their temple hair. Not everyone does, but most do. This is a natural and normal part of maturing into an adult male and it is completely separate from MPB. You can deny it all you want, but denying it doesn't change the fact that it is the truth. Deal with it.
    why do some women lose temple hair or expreience thinning hair in that region? is it natrual for them too?

the recent histogen case showed clear temporal loss on a female subject, how do you explain that?...temple hair regrew after histogen injections...

there is NO SUCH thing as a "mature hairline" - it is just another pattern of hair loss/baldness termed "mature hairline" i.e some and or/most men lose thier frontal hair hence why its considered "normal" for most men to lose temple hair YET maintain thier crown hair...i agree that it DOES NOT mean a person who loses temporal hair will lose thier crown hair though.

why do some women lose temple hair or expreience thinning hair in that region?
    The exact same reason some people have blue eyes while others have brown eyes. The words some and all do not mean the same thing. The words most and all do not mean the same thing either. Most males lose their temple hair, but some do not. Most females do not lose their temple hair, but some do.

is it natrual for them too?
    If it is in their genetic makeup as a family trait, yes. Of course it is. Denying this is doing you absolutely no good what so ever. You do not know what you are talking about and you are wasting your time arguing about it.

If it is in their genetic makeup as a family trait, yes. Of course it is.
    exactly!...it is considered hairloss/baldness NOT a "mature hairline" - so use the term "frontal loss" rather than this myth, "mature hairline".

if a "mature hairline" was natrual as you say most men WOULD be garuanteed to have a mature hairline yet we know every single male on ths planet does not get this "mature hairline" - baldness/hair loss differs in severity as per each individuals "genetic makeup" and part of this severity includes frontal loss...it is just another pattern of loss localised to the frontal region which just happens to STOP at the frontal region.

"mature hairline" = Myth
    "frontal loss" = FACT.

Gutted,

You absolutely do not know what you are talking about. Denying this is not doing you any good what so ever. The sooner you face the truth the better off you will be. It is absolutely not a myth. Deal with it.

I know it's pathetic but my self-esteem has gone through the floor, I stress out to the point that I throw up, I cry like a little bitch some days for hours and hours and last week I lost it and destroyed all the mirrors in my house in some kind of terrified hysteria.
    You seriously need to seek some type of congnitive thearpy. Your reaction is not normal.