+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    You seriously need to seek some type of congnitive thearpy. Your reaction is not normal.
    I'll say. I don't know how many mirrors he is talking about but seven years of bad luck for each mirror?...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Gutted,

Denying this is not doing you any good what so ever.
    im not denying it, i accept it occurs AS hair loss/baldness NOT as a mature hairline!

please
    next time use the term "frontal loss" - a pattern of hair loss localised to the frontal region in suceptable male and female indviduals.

it is not only me that has pointed this out to you, several other users have pointed this out too.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    im not denying it, i accept it occurs AS hair loss/baldness NOT as a mature hairline!
    You are completely wrong. You do not know what you are talking about.

please next time use the term "frontal loss"...
    That would be lying and I am not going to do that. It is both natural and normal for most males to develop an adult mature male hair line. That is the truth and that is what I am going to stick with. I'm not going to lie for you or anybody else just to make you happy. Deal with it.

it is not only me that has pointed this out to you, several other users have pointed this out too.
    They are every bit as wrong about it as you are. They are also stuck in denial. It is a complete waste of time to keep arguing about it.

Thanks for the replies so far. The whole "mature hairline" seems to be a touchy subject but I have a question.
    Tracy, if I am experiencing a maturing hairline, will it stop? Or will my hairline creep backwards as I age? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I googled it and couldn't find a definite answer.

Also, is it worth buying Nizoral? I've heard it is supposed to work but I've also read about it making some people lose more hair at a faster rate compared to not using it.

Finally, my hair is in quite poor condition because of how much blow-drying/straightening/dying I do, to the point I shed quite a lot when I brush. This is all over my head. Does this hair regrow?

[QUOTE=Tracy C;74994]

That would be lying and I am not going to do that.

/QUOTE]

you already are lieing!

"frontal loss" - a pattern of hair loss localised to the frontal region in suceptable male and female indviduals.

just cause a "mature hairline" is experienced by a high number of individuals yet a small amount dont experience this DOES NOT in any shape or form mean it is "natrual" - if it was "natrual", ALL individuals would go through this just like puberty which IS "natrual" and occurs in ALL individuals

you already are lieing!
    No. I'm not. You can bark out this nonsense all you want, you still do not know what you are talking about. Now stop wasting forum space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack93 View Post
    Tracy, if I am experiencing a maturing hairline, will it stop? Or will my hairline creep backwards as I age?
    If it is just the adult mature male hair line, it will stop and it may stay that way for the rest of your life. However, if you do develop MPB later down the road, it can start creeping back, depending on your inherited pattern. A dermatologist who specializes in treating hair loss can help you determine if it is just an adult mature male hair line or if it actually is MPB.

The hair line is not a good indicator of MPB. The vertex and mid-anterior are the areas that will tell you if you have MPB. Keep an eye on those areas. Take good quality pictures of your scalp in those areas every six months to make it easier for you to detect MPB if it has started - or if it does start. You can also measure the distance between the center of your brow line and the center of your hair line every six months to help you determine if you are developing the anterior variant of MPB. Do this in addition to taking picture of your scalp.

Also, is it worth buying Nizoral? I've heard it is supposed to work but I've also read about it making some people lose more hair at a faster rate compared to not using it.
    Nizoral is a very good medicated shampoo that helps a lot of people. Nizoral is not a stand alone treatment for hereditary MPB, though Nizoral is a good adjunct treatment to support stand alone treatments for MPB. If Nizoral is over used it can cause shedding. Many, if not most, of those stories you are reading are from people who are over using Nizoral. Nizoral 2% should not be used more than once per week. You can use Nizoral 1% up to twice per week if you want to. When used properly, using Nizoral is a good idea.

Finally, my hair is in quite poor condition because of how much blow-drying/straightening/dying I do, to the point I shed quite a lot when I brush. This is all over my head. Does this hair regrow?
    Well, you know that mis-treating, over-treating and generally abusing you hair is very bad for your hair. Consider this a wake up call to start treating your hair better. Will the hair you have shed out from mis-treating it grow back? Only time will tell, but you need to start treating your hair better. One thing is for sure, if you don't start treating your hair better, it is not likely to recover from mis-treatment.

Thanks for the replies so far. The whole "mature hairline" seems to be a touchy subject but I have a question.
    Tracy, if I am experiencing a maturing hairline, will it stop? Or will my hairline creep backwards as I age? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I googled it and couldn't find a definite answer.

Easy test. Take a shower shampoo your head throughly in the front or crown and if you are having fine hairs compared to the rest of your hair in your hands. Then MPB has started.

No need for a dermatologist to determine if its MPB or not. He will basically do the exact same thing but with his eyes or a microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    No. I'm not. You can bark out this nonsense all you want, you still do not know what you are talking about. Now stop wasting forum space.
    just cause a "mature hairline" is experienced by a high number of individuals yet a small amount dont experience this DOES NOT in any shape or form mean it is "natrual" - if it was "natrual", ALL individuals would go through this just like puberty which IS "natrual" and occurs in ALL individuals

gutted,

You need to stop this foolish nonsense. You obviously do not understand half as much as you think you do. Lots of things are natural and normal in humans yet don't happen to everyone. That is the way life is. Deal with it.