Hair trasplant questions - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    I know you said you have been researching this for 3 years but if after that time you haven't discovered any of the forums that are completely devoted to HTs you need to do more RESEARCH!
    TBT has a section of the community tab that shows photos and albums of members. Start there.
    There are other forums where people blog about their procedures.
    I don't know if the moderator will edit my post but try, The hair transplant network, hair loss talk and hair loss help forums.
    I know you want to get this done quick but you are 21 and it's a cosmetic procedure that you will have to live with for the rest of your life. So until you know all the things that could happen (good & bad) be very cautious.
    Also how after 3 years they'd be asking about a probable price. I've been researching for less than a year and I've got this shit all down and am dealing with much more specific dilemmas, regarding method and doctor.

  2. #32
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Welp, I just had my first consultation with an IAHRS doctor today and he told me that I, despite being 21 am an excellent candidate for FUE transplantation. He evaluated my progression as well as informed me of what is likely to happen to me in the future. He said that a 1500 graft HT would be perfect to both give me a great looking head of hair, and also thicken it up towards the back. He also gave me a $1,000 discount because I'm a college student. So it looks like I'll be having a 1500 graft HT pretty soon. I'm so thrilled!

    Gratz my friend, you should post a before and after pic after your procedure.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Also how after 3 years they'd be asking about a probable price. I've been researching for less than a year and I've got this shit all down and am dealing with much more specific dilemmas, regarding method and doctor.
    I'm not sure what the symbol for "the bird" is on the computer, but I'd flip you one if I did.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Also, since y'all are asking, the reason I have done my best to avoid forums like this for the 3 years I've been researching this is because I have used forums in the past for various things, and most of the people on them have been total jerkoff know-it-alls who don't want to help you, they just want to be smart asses and try to show you how much more they know than you. And I could seriously do without it. Not saying that any of you are like this, but if you start acting like this to me, I'm done. This is just a fair warning. I'm sick of jerks on forums who never have a polite thing to say. Most of them try to act cunning and tough over the internet, this is because they are really chicken-shits in real life and hiding behind a computer gives them some sort of power they don't have in real life. They don't have to confront you face to face so its easier to act big and bad.

    Sorry, not trying to rant. Just getting that out before someone decides to stroll through here like Billy Badass and try to act like a jerk. Its happened to me too many times before.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Gratz my friend, you should post a before and after pic after your procedure.
    Thank you! I might do that.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    If you say you've been researching for 3 years, but you're asking for photos of hair transplants and cost estimates, then people are right to question what exactly you've spent those 3 years researching.

    I think you need to lose the idea you've researched for 3 years, because people will assume you know a lot more than you do. You can lose the attitude too, unless you want the "know it alls" to ignore your questions.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    If you say you've been researching for 3 years, but you're asking for photos of hair transplants and cost estimates, then people are right to question what exactly you've spent those 3 years researching.

    I think you need to lose the idea you've researched for 3 years, because people will assume you know a lot more than you do. You can lose the attitude too, unless you want the "know it alls" to ignore your questions.
    Here's the thing man, it doesn't matter what I'm asking for or what I've researched. The only one with an attitude is you dude. Why did you feel the need to say "oh he says he's been researching for three years, but yet he doesn't know blah blah blah blah"? What point are you trying to make by being so judgemental and argumenative when no one was originally arguing? You represent the kind of person I'm talking about. There were plenty of people on here who tried to inform me of things I might want to research and find out. That's fine. But your post didn't seem like it was aimed at trying to help, but instead trying to put me down because I didn't know as much as you. If that's the way you want to keep acting, you can go now.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Here's the thing man, it doesn't matter what I'm asking for or what I've researched. The only one with an attitude is you dude. Why did you feel the need to say "oh he says he's been researching for three years, but yet he doesn't know blah blah blah blah"? What point are you trying to make by being so judgemental and argumenative when no one was originally arguing? You represent the kind of person I'm talking about. There were plenty of people on here who tried to inform me of things I might want to research and find out. That's fine. But your post didn't seem like it was aimed at trying to help, but instead trying to put me down because I didn't know as much as you. If that's the way you want to keep acting, you can go now.
    My first post told you there were photos all over the internet, which is true. I don't know of one authoritative source, but there are good forums and doctors websites where you can look for yourself. My second post agreed with another poster who expressed surprise you weren't a bit more informed. I think it would have served you better not to have mentioned researching for 3 years. It's not a competition, but how can we advise you if going by your claim alone, you should know a lot more than many of us. It's confusing.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    My first post told you there were photos all over the internet, which is true. I don't know of one authoritative source, but there are good forums and doctors websites where you can look for yourself. My second post agreed with another poster who expressed surprise you weren't a bit more informed. I think it would have served you better not to have mentioned researching for 3 years. It's not a competition, but how can we advise you if going by your claim alone, you should know a lot more than many of us. It's confusing.
    I guess I just haven't taken the time to sit and look at before and after photos. Most of my research has been centered around doctor choice and methods. I've researched the different boards that certify hair surgeons and what not. Basically informing myself of what it means to get a hair transplant in this day and time. And I can honestly say, I think I've found the right doctor for me. I trust my doctor and we had a good long discussion about the best plan of action for me. This also included looking at before and after photos. The reason I wanted to know where the photos were on this website is becayse it wasn't until yesterday that I found out I needed 1500 grafts. So I wanted to see some 1500 graft HT photos.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    You need to consider more than just the number of grafts. 1500 grafts on me would improve my hairline quite a lot. 1500 on many guys on here would do jack shit. I'd look for anything within the region of 1000-3000 grafts, because it depends where the patient started and what their goal was.

Similar Threads

  1. hair trasplant repair
    By gortiz3 in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 07:15 AM
  2. Hair transplant questions
    By Aznstan in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 08:14 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 01:58 AM
  4. hair trasplant in los angeles
    By hairdude123 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 07:21 PM
  5. Questions of Hair - How and Why
    By worldlyman in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Cenforce 100 : ED Tablet For Men
05-07-2021 04:25 AM
Last Post By david kane
Today 08:43 AM
Fildena Piils | Sildenafil Citrate | Fildena.us
Today 04:17 AM
Last Post By fildenaus
Today 04:17 AM
We're LIVE! The Bald Truth
Yesterday 03:18 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 03:18 PM
I see bald people...
07-19-2018 02:06 PM
Last Post By scarremorse
Yesterday 10:02 AM
Scar Grafting with Dr Cole
06-21-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post By scarremorse
Yesterday 08:31 AM