+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I can tell you really want to do something proactive about your hair but you should definitely talk to a number of doctors. I've been researching Hts for 3 years and still haven't committed.
    I went to one top doctor in NYC who recommended a 500 graft strip procedure which I thought was good as it wouldn't be too large. I'm a type 1 diabetic so I expressed a concern about scaring. He told me not to worry but then said if I was bothered by the scar he would put FUE grafts into it afterwards.
    What did I learn from this? No doctor can always guarantee a pencil thin scar because everyone heals differently.
    Do yourself a favor and read up on the experiences of guys topcat and bullitnut.
    Also there is a forum member who goes by the name Spex he's a rep for doctors Feller and Lindsey but he's been thru the mill with Hts so he can provide good insight as well.
    I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    I can tell you really want to do something proactive about your hair but you should definitely talk to a number of doctors. I've been researching Hts for 3 years and still haven't committed.
    I went to one top doctor in NYC who recommended a 500 graft strip procedure which I thought was good as it wouldn't be too large. I'm a type 1 diabetic so I expressed a concern about scaring. He told me not to worry but then said if I was bothered by the scar he would put FUE grafts into it afterwards.
    What did I learn from this? No doctor can always guarantee a pencil thin scar because everyone heals differently.
    Do yourself a favor and read up on the experiences of guys topcat and bullitnut.
    Also there is a forum member who goes by the name Spex he's a rep for doctors Feller and Lindsey but he's been thru the mill with Hts so he can provide good insight as well.
    I hope this helps.
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I will consider all of what you said. If you'd like to look up Dr. Fisher, I'm sure you'd be super impressed by his work. He is an associate clinical professor at Vanderbilt University which is one of the most prestigious medical schools in the nation. He is also board certified and has been selected to perform many first-time techniques, including being the only doctor asked to perform the very first live online HT procedure in 1998. I think I'm going to the right place.

If I could do it, I would get an HT in a heartbeat. With either one of Feller or Bernstein[i'm from NY]. Unfortunately i'm a poor, full time college student, who on top of that gets Financial Aid, so I can't even pay for college by myself, something I need, let alone an HT which is just something I want. You say you're going towards NW3, i'm already an NW3, so if you can stop yourself from going towards that nightmare, you should do it. Just pick a really good doctor and you'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If I could do it, I would get an HT in a heartbeat. With either one of Feller or Bernstein[i'm from NY]. Unfortunately i'm a poor, full time college student, who on top of that gets Financial Aid, so I can't even pay for college by myself, something I need, let alone an HT which is just something I want. You say you're going towards NW3, i'm already an NW3, so if you can stop yourself from going towards that nightmare, you should do it. Just pick a really good doctor and you'll be good.
    I understand where you're coming from. I'm a college student too. Fortunately for me, my parents are paying for my schooling. For all I know, I could already be a NW3. Its kind of hard to evaluate myself and I can't really tell exectly where I fit on the scale. I'd say I'm closer to a NW 3 than a 2.

Welp, I just had my first consultation with an IAHRS doctor today and he told me that I, despite being 21 am an excellent candidate for FUE transplantation. He evaluated my progression as well as informed me of what is likely to happen to me in the future. He said that a 1500 graft HT would be perfect to both give me a great looking head of hair, and also thicken it up towards the back. He also gave me a $1,000 discount because I'm a college student. So it looks like I'll be having a 1500 graft HT pretty soon. I'm so thrilled!

Golly! No one responds on this thread.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with his entire procedure. Ask if he requires you to shave down both the recipient and donor area, as this is usually the case with FUE.

Is there a place on this thread where I can look at before and after pictures of HTs?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Is there a place on this thread where I can look at before and after pictures of HTs?
    You will have to scourt the internet. There isn't one central place.

I know you said you have been researching this for 3 years but if after that time you haven't discovered any of the forums that are completely devoted to HTs you need to do more RESEARCH!
    TBT has a section of the community tab that shows photos and albums of members. Start there.
    There are other forums where people blog about their procedures.
    I don't know if the moderator will edit my post but try, The hair transplant network, hair loss talk and hair loss help forums.
    I know you want to get this done quick but you are 21 and it's a cosmetic procedure that you will have to live with for the rest of your life. So until you know all the things that could happen (good & bad) be very cautious.