+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

I can't speak for everyone who has answered this thread but I certainly have genuine concern for you. Just learn as much as you can about the type of procedure you're having. Informed patients can be a doctors worst nightmare but in the end it's your money and your body.
    I hope it all goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    You need to consider more than just the number of grafts. 1500 grafts on me would improve my hairline quite a lot. 1500 on many guys on here would do jack shit. I'd look for anything within the region of 1000-3000 grafts, because it depends where the patient started and what their goal was.
    Oh yeah. I understand completely. From what I've learned over the duration of my research, 1500 grafts seems ideal for me. It would not take much lowering to make my hairline look youthful again. Part of the 1500 will go to giving me a slightly lower hairline, and the rest will be to thicken the rest of it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    The people answering you in this thread all have genuine concern for you.
    Not Chrisis or myself have acted like "jerks" If you are happy with the doctor you've chosen I think that's great.
    However even when the best doctors perform procedures on the most ideal candidates things can go wrong. The better you are informed, the better your results will be. Good luck and I hope you have a great result.
    I think you kinda did. Maybe not complete jerks, but still a little on the know-it-all side. And I appreciate the helpful information that came out of y'alls posts. When I look at my hair, it doesn't seek like it will take very much to make it look good again. 1500 grafts seems like it will do wonders for my hairline and my thickness. Thanks for all your help and input. I'll come back if I have any more questions.

Have you got any photos of your hairline? I was quoted 2500 and 2800 in two consultations, but my hairline isn't too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Have you got any photos of your hairline? I was quoted 2500 and 2800 in two consultations, but my hairline isn't too bad either.
    Not right at the moment. But I could make some.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Not right at the moment. But I could make some.
    Yeah, let's see. I have some pics here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9334.

Hey look, you definitely found the right website. It would say that this is really the only authoritative hair loss forum on the internet but as with all forums there are always going to be a bunch of know it alls trying to sway you in one direction or another. You never really know if they work for a certain doctor or another forum or whatever. I will tell you that I have had some very bad experiences on another hair transplant network that sells products and surgery so be very careful. You sound like you have a plan and you have to go with your gut.

When researching on forums you need to watch out for a few things.

If someone has many posts, especially in a short period of time basically focusing on one technique or doctor and hijacks a lot of threads he’s probably a shill or a crazy person. That’s just simple forum knowledge.

If a person you are considering taking advice from spends countless time arguing with people, posting in caps, adding ridiculous jpgs in his posts, insulting doctors or forum members, this is someone not to take advice from. If someone spends all their time on all of the various forums and claims to know it all, he does not! He’s just a person with little power in his or her own life and needs to feel important.

If someone attacks you or is rude to you for no reason or claims that there is only one way to accomplish your hair restoration goals, he is either a shill, a troll, or an obsessed crazy person. These forums are full of all of the above.

Once you understand these rules of the “road” using this forum to research is a breeze and can be very beneficial. Take advice from solid caring posters. Also it’s best to take advice from people who have had surgery, either FUT or FUE in recent years. They are less likely to have been burned and can give you better perspective without the bitterness.

I hope this helps and from what you have posted so far I have a feeling you made the best decision for you.

Here’s the link to the before and after pictures you asked for. There are like thousands of before and after pictures here. Strange that no one really wanted to help you out with this, it’s probably the most comprehensive before and after section of recent hair transplant cases that I have found.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Believe it or not there are some great people here. They just sometimes get drowned out by the crazies and the not so wonderful people.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Hey look, you definitely found the right website. It would say that this is really the only authoritative hair loss forum on the internet but as with all forums there are always going to be a bunch of know it alls trying to sway you in one direction or another. You never really know if they work for a certain doctor or another forum or whatever. I will tell you that I have had some very bad experiences on another hair transplant network that sells products and surgery so be very careful. You sound like you have a plan and you have to go with your gut.

When researching on forums you need to watch out for a few things.

If someone has many posts, especially in a short period of time basically focusing on one technique or doctor and hijacks a lot of threads he’s probably a shill or a crazy person. That’s just simple forum knowledge.

If a person you are considering taking advice from spends countless time arguing with people, posting in caps, adding ridiculous jpgs in his posts, insulting doctors or forum members, this is someone not to take advice from. If someone spends all their time on all of the various forums and claims to know it all, he does not! He’s just a person with little power in his or her own life and needs to feel important.

If someone attacks you or is rude to you for no reason or claims that there is only one way to accomplish your hair restoration goals, he is either a shill, a troll, or an obsessed crazy person. These forums are full of all of the above.

Once you understand these rules of the “road” using this forum to research is a breeze and can be very beneficial. Take advice from solid caring posters. Also it’s best to take advice from people who have had surgery, either FUT or FUE in recent years. They are less likely to have been burned and can give you better perspective without the bitterness.

I hope this helps and from what you have posted so far I have a feeling you made the best decision for you.

Here’s the link to the before and after pictures you asked for. There are like thousands of before and after pictures here. Strange that no one really wanted to help you out with this, it’s probably the most comprehensive before and after section of recent hair transplant cases that I have found.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Believe it or not there are some great people here. They just sometimes get drowned out by the crazies and the not so wonderful people.
    Thank you, I appreciate your help and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate your help and kindness.
    No worries.

I concur with Delphi 100%!