+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Considering my 5th HT

Ok. So I think I have reached a point where I'm completely unhappy with my hair line and I'm living the nightmare all over again -especially that I have BDD- and I'm pretty determined now on getting another HT. The thing is, with 4 HTs behind me (they're actually 5 but I sometimes ignore the first because it was only 300 grafts) and having already used up 4000 grafts in total I'm really scared now. There's the fear that I am INDEED losing my transplanted hairs with time and any more transplanting will probably benefit me for another period of time before I lose those hairs too. Then there's the fear that my scalp is tighter now with all those HTs and I'm not sure if another HT will go without further complications... Then there's the fear of me not having enough donor hair to do more HTs when the time comes and this cancer (hair loss) advances even further. But one thing is for sure, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS LOOK I HAVE NOW, and WILL do everything I can to fight this shit.
    This time I'm really considering FUE instead of the FUT because I feel my scalp is tight and I want to avoid taking more skin out. Dr Wong says FUE wont yield good survival rates but I don't know why he says that when many doctors are known for giving great results who mainly use FUEs. I dont know what to do. I'm going crazy from thinking.

I'm really leaning towards Dr. Gho at this time with his claim -that I feel legit- for donor site regeneration since I'm at risk of losing the transplanted hairs in the future. I'm thinking at least I won't be depleting my donor hair (as in the case with FUT/FUE). I know I could be throwing that money down the drain but again, I know my donor isn't being depleted. The question is, how long do I have to wait to get an HT with Gho? I really don't want to wait for long but I don't know what to do at this point. What would you do? Dont tell me dont get another HT because that's NOT an option.

By chance do you have any pictures that you would eb willing to share

When you say Dr. Wong stated FUE will not yield good survival rates was he referring to himself or every FUE doctor out there?

Have you actually seen donor regeneration that you feel confident enough being in your current position to actually get into the chair?

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post

I'm really leaning towards Dr. Gho at this time with his claim -that I feel legit- for donor site regeneration since I'm at risk of losing the transplanted hairs in the future. I'm thinking at least I won't be depleting my donor hair (as in the case with FUT/FUE). I know I could be throwing that money down the drain but again, I know my donor isn't being depleted. The question is, how long do I have to wait to get an HT with Gho? I really don't want to wait for long but I don't know what to do at this point. What would you do? Dont tell me dont get another HT because that's NOT an option.
    IMHO gho is your best option, but he's fully booked for this year, so you might be scheduled for early next week, but you still can add your name to the waiting list and most likely you will be able to get a date this year specially if you are flexible about the country and doctors (there are diffrent doctors in HASCI that perform HST)

Strip advise from Dr Wong? yes.... FUE? No.

Dave52, no I don't have any pics. It's the last thing I want to do- to take pics of my thinning hair line and post in front of me.

Topcat, I don't think Dr. Wong meant himself only but FUEs in general, which I still don't understand. Some doctors guarantee growth of at least 90% of the FUE grafts.

aim4hair, that's what I'm thinking. Gho seems like the best option for me but it would suck to wait several months to get in. So, is HST being offered in other EU countries? I remember a while ago there was some rumors about him opening a clinic in Asia. Was that just a rumor? Is there a difference in pricing and results between all the clinics -if there's more than one?

BTW, I only saw short clips of Spencer talking to Gho and I'd like to know if you guys got the impression that Spencer thinks Gho's method works as claimed.

Dave52, no I don't have any pics. It's the last thing I want to do- to take pics of my thinning hair line and post in front of me.

Topcat, I don't think Dr. Wong meant himself only but FUEs in general, which I still don't understand. Some doctors guarantee growth of at least 90% of the FUE grafts.

aim4hair, that's what I'm thinking. Gho seems like the best option for me but it would suck to wait several months to get in. So, is HST being offered in other EU countries? I remember a while ago there was some rumors about him opening a clinic in Asia. Was that just a rumor? Is there a difference in pricing and results between all the clinics -if there's more than one?

BTW, I only saw short clips of Spencer talking to Gho and I'd like to know if you guys got the impression that Spencer thinks Gho's method works as claimed.
    Gho got clinics in London (UK), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Maastricht (Netherlands), and Vienna (Austria) and soon he will open in Jakarta (indonesia),
    I think the price is similar in all clinics except the UK (pound vs. euro).

Aim there is not much to understand. When you speak to someone that doesn’t offer what you are looking for than what you are asking for must be shit and what they are offering must really be great. But is this really true just because some guy puts on a white coat and says it's so?

Try using the search box on this and all the other forums. Maybe start with "strip and low yield" in the search box and let me know what you come up with. Then maybe try "strip repair".

Like the rest of us, I think Spencer is looking at Gho with an open mind. There are a few very desperate and vocal people on messages forums, mostly European guys from what I can see who are pushing these unproven claims. From what I see it might be possible that Gho is achieving less visible scaring because he is using a very small punch to remove only a portion of the hair follicle, leaving the rest to “regenerate”, but this does not mean that he is really creating more hair in the donor. By leaving some behind it looks like new hair is growing in those spaces. At this point the jury is still out and personally I would not risk going to Gho, there are just too many questions and too much internet hype from unreliable sources, many of them young guys who just regurgitate what they read on other forums.