+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

This taurin has worked for you? How many hairs did you lose a day before taurine? And after? Thaks a lot

I was losing 100 give or take, I didn't keep close track since I am growing alot of hair as well. Now am only losing 25, and little hairs that would have fallen are thickening instead!

Default Question

How many pills you take a day?

I Take 4 1,000mg a day, 2 in the morning and 2 at night. People of Okinawa Japan "The Island of longevity" have diets extremely high in taurine, it is thought that this may be the reason for the long lifespan. It helps prevent and even reverse fibrosis. Fibrosis is a major contributing factor, if not the main cause of MPB and hair loss. My feeling is that DHT is a more affective killer of follicles in states of fibrosis (this happens as we age), or we would all be bald at 18 when Testosterone=>DHT is at its highest. This leads me to believe that there are factors being ignored, because medications that are already being used, do not address these factors. Taurine also increases proliferation of ORS (Outer Root Sheath) Cells, these cells protect the follicle from DHT and may also be less present as we age. As Something that is good for your overall heath, anyone who is losing hair should really take this. I don't take pharms or synthetics, finasteride, rogaine ect, but I can imagine that this would be an extremely good addition to either of these, as fin would lower DHT, and taurine would make the follicle less sensitive to DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    I Take 4 1,000mg a day, 2 in the morning and 2 at night. People of Okinawa Japan "The Island of longevity" have diets extremely high in taurine, it is thought that this may be the reason for the long lifespan. It helps prevent and even reverse fibrosis. Fibrosis is a major contributing factor, if not the main cause of MPB and hair loss. My feeling is that DHT is a more affective killer of follicles in states of fibrosis (this happens as we age), or we would all be bald at 18 when Testosterone=>DHT is at its highest. This leads me to believe that there are factors being ignored, because medications that are already being used, do not address these factors. Taurine also increases proliferation of ORS (Outer Root Sheath) Cells, these cells protect the follicle from DHT and may also be less present as we age. As Something that is good for your overall heath, anyone who is losing hair should really take this. I don't take pharms or synthetics, finasteride, rogaine ect, but I can imagine that this would be an extremely good addition to either of these, as fin would lower DHT, and taurine would make the follicle less sensitive to DHT.
    Since you are using all natural remedies for hair loss, what your overall diet is like?

My overall diet is good, although I am not a fanatic by all means. I eat 7 cloves of raw garlic, 3lbs of spinach, 1lb of raw shelled pumpkin seeds, 21 raw eggs, 1lb of brown rice, and 3 cans of tuna a week. For me its not so much what I exclude, it is more about what I INCLUDE in my diet. I make sure to supplement extra biotin because of the avidin in raw egg whites. I do eat my share of processed foods because of time constraints, I believe if your body is getting the good foods, it is much more capable of dealing with the not so good foods.

I use the 5% foam, and have had very good experience and results with it. I can relate to some of the things you mentioned pertaining to the liquid form. You may want to give it a try.

Good luck.