+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy

I've been on minox for a year and Ive shed do much in the past two months it's killin me. I take over the counter pills that claim to slow shedding also now, but now I'm thinking getting prescription pills. I'm to scared about cause the sides. What should I do?

Question

[QUOTE=Amercancer;76905]I've been on minox for a year and Ive shed so much in the past two months it's killin me. I take over the counter pills that claim to slow shedding also now, but now I'm thinking getting prescription pills. I'm to scared about cause the sides. What should I do? I had fuller hair b 4 I started, but what made me start were the penny size bald spots on my mid scalp which I realized after cutting to half all over. Thats when I went to a couple derms and they told me use rogaine b4 u regret it and all they did was either look through my hair or just looked at it, that's after my hair grew back. So one year later and im shedding really bad on minox. What pills block dht and have the least side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    I used minoxidil 5% twice daily for 1.5 months only on the hairline corners. During that time, my hair rapidly thinned out and looked horrible in that area. Yes, I realize that shedding is normal and expected before seeing results.

This is not the reason i stopped. I stopped because I was getting bad headaches and a bloated face from the minox and it was definitely not worth it.

I stopped 4 weeks ago cold turkey. Since then my headaches have stopped and bloated face has reduced significantly. I also feel better and have more energy and get better sleep.

I have read many horror stories about stopping minox then 3 months later all your hair falls out even in areas you had thick healthy hair as a result of the "post minoxidil shed telogen effluvium".

I also read of a formal study where they had a group of ppl used minox for 2 years. Then quit cold turkey. Their hair counts and weights decreased significantly for six months then went back to baseline of where they were before treatment.

The question is
    1. Will i experience this shed even though i only used it 6 weeks?
    2. Has anyone here quit minox and then months later hair went back to normal?

I feel like there is no clear answer to this question about post-minox shedding. Most ppl who quit panic at the first sight of the post-minox shed and get back on before their hair can recover fully.

All answers are appreciated.
    For that length of time you should be ok. But I was on it for many years both 2 and 5%. I quit the 2% last year and losts tons of hair. Vertex grew bigger. Went back on and some but not all of the hair has returned.

Has anyone ever grown back hair that was shed at the start of minoxidil use aka the hair that was shed in the first 2-4 weeks, after stopping treatment?

I used it for about two months and it messed up my hairline. Im wondering if anybody's hairline has ever come back .

I dont mean get better i mean back to original pre-minox state.

I stopped rogain 4.75 months ago.

Starting at month 3 post-quitting, i began shedding a massive/ scary amount of hair.

Before all the morons comment and say "thats where you would be if u didnt use it" , thats false. I only used it 2 months.

Im aware of the fact that quitting minox induces acute telogen effluvium (something roughly 85% of this forum is unaware of somehow).

My question is....

When does the shedding stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    I stopped rogain 4.75 months ago.

Starting at month 3 post-quitting, i began shedding a massive/ scary amount of hair.

Before all the morons comment and say "thats where you would be if u didnt use it" , thats false. I only used it 2 months.

Im aware of the fact that quitting minox induces acute telogen effluvium (something roughly 85% of this forum is unaware of somehow).

My question is....

When does the shedding stop?
    I can tell you only this: Minoxidil5% won't harm your hair. Either it doesn't work or you are going through a shed that will end soon or later. Or you experience a shed due to the interruption of the treatment.

I wouldn't say this about 10-15% minoxidil. These concentrations can virtually kill hair in some people (although they can help others). Reactions to minoxidil vary hugely.

According to my experience, it takes months until your hair becomes dependent on minoxidil. My story wouldn't be too helpful for you, because the hair that I had lost due to a sudden switch from 10% to 5% minoxidil hasn't regrown even after 5 months. But other people report that they regained it back after some time.

I treated minoxidil for four months. The first three weeks my hair has not fallen. Then, for a month, I had a terrible shedding (200-300 hairs a day). From month 2 to month 3, the hair dosent fall. Everything has stabilized. Now, after 11 weeks of treatment, I want to tell you that I'm dropping about 150 hairs a day (Is this the second shedding?) . It's normal? What to do? Will you continue with him or not? The dermatologist advised me to take Propecia, but I'm afraid of the side effects. I mention that I use 5% minoxidil twice a day plus biotin plus MSM. Thank you

Unhappy Minoxidil shedding

I treated minoxidil for four months. The first three weeks my hair has not fallen. Then, for a month, I had a terrible shedding (200-300 hairs a day). From month 2 to month 3, the hair dosent fall. Everything has stabilized. Now, after 11 weeks of treatment, I want to tell you that I'm dropping about 150 hairs a day (Is this the second shedding?) . It's normal? What to do? Will you continue with him or not? The dermatologist advised me to take Propecia, but I'm afraid of the side effects. I mention that I use 5% minoxidil twice a day plus biotin plus MSM. Thank you

[QUOTE=Amercancer;76912]
    Quote Originally Posted by Amercancer View Post
    I've been on minox for a year and Ive shed so much in the past two months it's killin me. I take over the counter pills that claim to slow shedding also now, but now I'm thinking getting prescription pills. I'm to scared about cause the sides. What should I do? I had fuller hair b 4 I started, but what made me start were the penny size bald spots on my mid scalp which I realized after cutting to half all over. Thats when I went to a couple derms and they told me use rogaine b4 u regret it and all they did was either look through my hair or just looked at it, that's after my hair grew back. So one year later and im shedding really bad on minox. What pills block dht and have the least side effects?

[QUOTE=Amercancer;76912]
    Quote Originally Posted by Amercancer View Post
    I've been on minox for a year and Ive shed so much in the past two months it's killin me. I take over the counter pills that claim to slow shedding also now, but now I'm thinking getting prescription pills. I'm to scared about cause the sides. What should I do? I had fuller hair b 4 I started, but what made me start were the penny size bald spots on my mid scalp which I realized after cutting to half all over. Thats when I went to a couple derms and they told me use rogaine b4 u regret it and all they did was either look through my hair or just looked at it, that's after my hair grew back. So one year later and im shedding really bad on minox. What pills block dht and have the least side effects?
    The best vitamin to stop shedding immediatley is taurine, take 4 grams a day, zero side effects, its very good for you. Make sure you post how well it works for you, as I feel people are vastly unaware of how powerful taurine is when it comes to hair loss!