+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    @2020 Yes but we would rather have something that blocks the GPR44 receptor - DHT is old news.
    PGD2 is old news too. Forums are moving 10x faster than Cotsarelis. Upregulated inflammation is the problem and the causation of higher levels of PGD2 that's why most of the things they're injecting aren't working.
    Downregulating inflammation should solve that problem. People are already trying it on another forum

I'm getting tired of all these "discoveries"

Just cure the ****ing thing already, or at least speed the process up a little now that we have all these "discoveries"

ok, vent over. Night fellas.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    PGD2 is old news too. Forums are moving 10x faster than Cotsarelis. Upregulated inflammation is the problem and the causation of higher levels of PGD2 that's why most of the things they're injecting aren't working.
    Downregulating inflammation should solve that problem. People are already trying it on another forum
    Link?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Nobody is "seriously" trying PGD2 and trust me on this. I follow almost every forum even outside the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

Just cure the ****ing thing already, or at least speed the process up a little now that we have all these "discoveries"

Amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

You're totally right, man. But at least George Cotsarelis really is try to cure and develop treatments for hair loss and I respect him immensely for that. But he's not the norm unfortunately, as most of these researchers or scientists are just interested in tinkering around with mice (and making these so-called "mouse discoveries") and not doing a damn thing to develop cures or treatments for people.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    You're totally right, man. But at least George Cotsarelis really is try to cure and develop treatments for hair loss and I respect him immensely for that. But he's not the norm unfortunately, as most of these researchers or scientists are just interested in tinkering around with mice (and making these so-called "mouse discoveries") and not doing a damn thing to develop cures or treatments for people.
    Dr C was talking about regenerating follicles on mice in 1991... 5 years later nothing happened... Dr C was again talking about regenerating follicles on mice in 2008... 5 years later...

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Im especially impressed at the fact that Anthony Atala believes this can lead to a better form of cell therapy for hair loss, which nobody has mentioned yet.

Any more info on why Atala made that comment other than him working in the same field? Is he also working with the Tokyo researchers to develop a cell based therapy because that would be beyond incredible if it were true!... but I doubt it..
    I know, when I saw that Anthony Atala quote, it piqued my interest as well. Here's a guy who is actually trying to develop cures for diseases, not lifetime treatments that don't cure anything, like the pharmaceutical industry loves to peddle on us. And he's certainly not just tinkering around with mice like all of these other so-called researchers. Man, if some one like him was working on hair loss, we'd probably have a cure or an effective treatment by now.

With regards to Vitamin D3, I agree that ingesting it orally will probably not do anything for hair regrowth. However, if it was perhaps injected topically then it could possibly have great effects for hair regrowth, according to that study. These kinds of things really have to be tried because there would really be no downside to injecting Vitamin D3 into the scalp for hair regrowth. The severe lack of innovation with regards to hair loss treatments is utterly frustrating and disappointing.