+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Inactive

ahh.. figures.
    I thought so.

I know its probably childish - but what you say someone emails them these finding?

They might consider it..

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    ahh.. figures.
    I thought so.

I know its probably childish - but what you say someone emails them these finding?

They might consider it..
    Hahaha. I emailed them this morning. They wont care.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Hahaha. I emailed them this morning. They wont care.
    Not logical. If I invested 10 mil bucks - I'd care a lot - the solution would be worth limitless amout of money. And this (among other findings)
    could hold a key.

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    Not logical. If I invested 10 mil bucks - I'd care a lot - the solution would be worth limitless amout of money. And this (among other findings)
    could hold a key.
    Im sure they care, about their treatments. But im sure they wont care what a non-scientific punter emails them....

I've always felt that cell injections are missing something. Something like this could be the key...or something like Histogens HSC...

Perhaps everyone should harassing them via email until the info is passed to the men in white coats?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    the cure for AA is a simple vaccination that removes androgen receptors from your scalp
    Vaccinations are innocuous (or ideally they are innocuous) injections that encourage the immune system to create antibodies targeted at harmful substances. This allows the body to prepare for the introduction of that harmful substance without being put in harm's way. The process is based around what's called "adaptive immunity"; unfortunately for our hair (but fortunately for everything else), it is system wide. You wouldn't want a vaccination that caused your immune system to identify androgen receptors as pathogens. Unless, of course, you were tired of being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Vaccinations are innocuous (or ideally they are innocuous) injections that encourage the immune system to create antibodies targeted at harmful substances. This allows the body to prepare for the introduction of that harmful substance without being put in harm's way. The process is based around what's called "adaptive immunity"; unfortunately for our hair (but fortunately for everything else), it is system wide. You wouldn't want a vaccination that caused your immune system to identify androgen receptors as pathogens. Unless, of course, you were tired of being alive.
    yes yes I know what vaccinations are... that's obviously not what I meant.

androgen receptors are COMPLETELY unnecessary and they only cause problems so why not just ****ing remove them? Instead of spending another decade researching stupid shit like "oh X component may have some effect bla bla" just solve this problem at the root.

This is insane. There is no need to "clone" hair. Replicel and Aderans are wasting time and money. They need to come up with a way to "disable" AR but of course medicine never takes a direct approach when solving problems instead we'll be waiting another decade while they research the right "cell niches" or some crap... yeah whatever

androgen receptors are COMPLETELY unnecessary and they only cause problems so why not just ****ing remove them?
    You probably don't actually mean that either, but I just thought the idea of physically removing an androgen receptor looked silly. Picturing a surgeon with tweezers in his hands and a gigantic scanning electron microscope attached to his head.

They need to come up with a way to "disable" AR
    So just like SERM's do with estrogen, only on the androgen receptor and at the scalp. There could be a reason this is impossible. For instance, if the AR's in the scalp were somehow indistinguishable chemically from the AR's elsewhere in the body, you wouldn't be able to selectively target scalp AR's. Out of all these new fancy experimental chemicals, none of them bind to the androgen receptor without activating it?

If so, I don't see why using one of those as a topical wouldn't do exactly what you're saying.

Also, it's a good thing this forum doesn't have a rule against us hijacking this thread. ...does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    You probably don't actually mean that either, but I just thought the idea of physically removing an androgen receptor looked silly. Picturing a surgeon with tweezers in his hands and a gigantic scanning electron microscope attached to his head.
    pretty sure there are much much easier ways of disabling and killing off AR permanently... can't be more complicated than whatever Replicel is doing at the moment

pretty sure there are much much easier ways of disabling and killing off AR permanently... can't be more complicated than whatever Replicel is doing at the moment
    You 100% those receptors are not needed?

And doesnt the body have the ability to create new receptors?

You 100% those receptors are not needed?
    10^99 % sure

As I explained: this is just another human flaw that should be fixed at an early age like tonsils and circumcision.... why can't they do the same with AGA?

And doesnt the body have the ability to create new receptors?
    yeah but so what, I'm sure they could find a way to disable them permanently... probably much less complicated than what they're doing now.

No need to research through the whole ****ing gene tree to find "MPB gene"... the problem is right here - ANDROGEN RECEPTORS!