+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I know you are just trying to help but this statement is absolutely not true. Surgery cannot restore a full head of hair, much less a full head of hair that is perfect for a woman. It is just not possible to do that yet. Realistic expectations are very very important. It might be possible to restore the look of complete feminine coverage for her. But it will take more than surgery alone to do it. It will require meds, surgery and time. After all that, she will likely also need a good quality hair loss concealer.

My degree of hair loss was less than hers. To restore my hair took meds, surgery and time - lots of it. And yes, I do need to use a good quality concealer on top of all that to achieve the look of a feminine head of hair.
    Tracy,

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, I was just trying to help someone gain a positive attitude...nothing is impossible.

I wish you the best too.

-Dale-

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    I was just trying to help someone gain a positive attitude...nothing is impossible.
    I realize that is what you are trying to do. However, realistic expectations are very important. Currently it is impossible to restore a full head of hair for someone with her degree of hair loss with surgery alone. As I said, my degree of hair loss was not as much as hers. I have gone as far as is currently possible with medical treatments (meds, laser and surgery), yet I don't have a full head of hair. I need to use a little Dermmatch to make it look like I have a full feminine head of hair.

I need to use a little Dermmatch to make it look like I have a full feminine head of hair.
    Sounds like you have had good results, this is great Tracy....!

I hope all people can gain this degree of regeneration with a (little, as you said) concealer.

I would agree that women most certainly are much different than (some) men with regard to what they consider feminine hair, or possibly masculine hair in our case, if any men use this term for their degree of progress. I personally don't, I just wanted a full head of hair again, which I'm achieving, whether it will be perfect, possibly not in other folks eyes, but mine are the only eyes I count, hopefully the initial poster will feel the same way.

One has to start somewhere, and no person can predict others results, its only a guess at this point, but a positive attitude helps immensely, no point in thinking negatively until all aspects of regeneration are exhausted.

I only wish the best for everyone here, nothing more, nothing less.

-Dale-

...but a positive attitude helps immensely, no point in thinking negatively until all aspects of regeneration are exhausted.
    Realistic expectations and thinking negatively are not the same. Being realistic does not equal being negative. It is not possible to restore a full head of hair with current medical technology. Regeneration is not yet a reality, though it is in the process of becoming a reality. I am am very positive that regeneration will eventually be possible within the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Realistic expectations and thinking negatively are not the same. Being realistic does not equal being negative. It is not possible to restore a full head of hair with current medical technology. Regeneration is not yet a reality, though it is in the process of becoming a reality. I am am very positive that regeneration will eventually be possible within the next few years.
    I just hope the initial poster keeps a very positive attitude and gains a high degree of satisfaction when she starts taking the long trek to regrowth.

Wish everyone only the best....!!

Cheers,

-Dale-

I just hope the initial poster keeps a very positive attitude and gains a high degree of satisfaction when she starts taking the long trek to regrowth.
    So do I. Of course I do. I just want to make sure she has realistic expectations so she won't be heartbroken when reality shows it's face. It is possible to be realistic and positive at the same time.

After going to 2 hair transplant surgeons and the second saying I should try finasteride but yet not wanting to prescribe it I finally found after 7 Dr's one that prescribed it to me. The second surgeon said that because of dht levels being so high that I would still have hairloss after the transplant if I didn't take finasteride-however, without having my ovaries removed he wouldn't prescribe it. I also found out my vitamin d level was only 8. So I am taking finasteride and vitamin d. Here are my 4 month pics after starting finasteride and vitamin d. I put the before pic and then right beside the after. I also included a pic of my topper I currently am wearing.
    Attached Images

Interesting case, you've definitely improved a bit with finasteride!