+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Female wants opinions

Want opinions from males because I haven't been able to find that many women with my type of hairloss- I started losing my hair at 28 now 38- after testing the only thing I've been told is high testosterone/dht along with genetic hairloss- my dad has same hairloss pattern. I have had many many tests done in the past 4 years. What is your opinion on a hair transplant- Im currently using topper. I am planning on scheduling for Sep- At consult I was told 2000 grafts for front and 1000 for crown- two separate sessions and $9750 for the first session- Dr. wants to make sure the first session takes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	16113   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	16114   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	16115   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	16116  

I would just shave it off if i was you. Your almost 40, ull be fine with a shaved head.

Default Medications and dr

Have you been or are you in fanasteride? Also let us know which doctor you are using. My opinion is that if you have the money, there is no reason to get a hair transplant.

I have a similar pattern of hair loss and am also considering a HT... I can't see why not in your case as you have a lot of donor hair available, so if the existing hairs do thin a bit more 5-10 years down the line you have enough hair to thicken it up if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    I would just shave it off if i was you. Your almost 40, ull be fine with a shaved head.
    I believe the OP is a women!
    wanthair74, at the very least you should PM TracyC as she has had two transplants and would probably have a better idea about what you are experiencing than any of the guys here. I know that certain doctors have parts of their practices devoted specifically to women. A good place to start might be here.
    http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/cont...consult-women/

Quote Originally Posted by wanthair74 View Post
    Want opinions from males because I haven't been able to find that many women with my type of hairloss- I started losing my hair at 28 now 38- after testing the only thing I've been told is high testosterone/dht along with genetic hairloss- my dad has same hairloss pattern. I have had many many tests done in the past 4 years. What is your opinion on a hair transplant- Im currently using topper. I am planning on scheduling for Sep- At consult I was told 2000 grafts for front and 1000 for crown- two separate sessions and $9750 for the first session- Dr. wants to make sure the first session takes.
    wanthair. I know many will hate me for mentioning this but If I were you I would do a bit of research on Dr. Gho. He may be able to provide you with a better outcome.

I never recommend any doctor to any patient but in this case I felt I had the need to do it only because you are a woman. You really want to avoid scars because you don't know what the future may be for you especially for a woman.

Again. I am not telling you to go to Gho but do a bit of research on him. This is a life changing decision and you should not rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    wanthair. I know many will hate me for mentioning this but If I were you I would do a bit of research on Dr. Gho. He may be able to provide you with a better outcome.

I never recommend any doctor to any patient but in this case I felt I had the need to do it only because you are a woman. You really want to avoid scars because you don't know what the future may be for you especially for a woman.

Again. I am not telling you to go to Gho but do a bit of research on him. This is a life changing decision and you should not rush.
    Poor woman.

Goodluck and hope to see great result...

First and foremost, even if Dr. Gho’s technique does regenerate donor hair, and there is no clinically documented proof that it does in a consistent way, you would not benefit from his small procedures. All hair transplantation has its limitations and if you are used to wearing a hairpiece you will never achieve the same feminine look with a hair transplant. You can defiantly improve your hair greatly and add much more hair to work with when wearing a hairpiece, but unless you are willing live with a shorter hair style with limited density a hair transplant alone might not be a complete option for you at this point.

Have you tried bonded toppers? They can look great and give you back a very feminine and full looking head of hair. Its not yours but no one really has to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    First and foremost, even if Dr. Gho’s technique does regenerate donor hair, and there is no clinically documented proof that it does in a consistent way, you would not benefit from his small procedures. All hair transplantation has its limitations and if you are used to wearing a hairpiece you will never achieve the same feminine look with a hair transplant. You can defiantly improve your hair greatly and add much more hair to work with when wearing a hairpiece, but unless you are willing live with a shorter hair style with limited density a hair transplant alone might not be a complete option for you at this point.

Have you tried bonded toppers? They can look great and give you back a very feminine and full looking head of hair. Its not yours but no one really has to know that.
    Well her main concern should be scarring and she said 3000 grafts. Gho could do 3000 grafts in a year. So OP, you could avoid scars just by waiting a year.