Female wants opinions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wanthair74
    • Jul 2012

nikemata- Thanks and I will post all my pics throughout this journey- should I decide to do it I am having it done in September. At this point its either have the transplant and take a shot or start doing a bonded topper- I'm currently wearing the clip in topper but I have to take it off to swim, shower, etc and I want a different option at this point.

Comment

• wanthair74
      • Jul 2012

amadeus- Thanks for the advice. I am going to go to bonded topper if I choose not to do the transplant in September. I am currently wearing a clip in and it looks very natural. I just kinda feel like the transplant is my last option before going to the bonded topper and am just curious if it will turn out good. I do not mind to wear a mid length above shoulder hair style but I wouldn't want a very short style as I am a woman and don't like too short of hair style. I also dont mind wasting money to try it- at this point I would do almost anything for the thick hair I did have.

Comment

• wanthair74
        • Jul 2012

mpb47- Thanks for the reply. I will try to contact Tracy and yes I tried Spiro when I first began to thin and it didn't help- I want finasteride but no one will give it to me. I ordered a one month supply of Avodart years ago but my family hounded me about ordering it from another country so I only took it for a month- not long enough to know if it would work but I believe it would have because another lady was given Avodart that had male pattern baldness and it grew her hair back.

Comment

• Tracy C
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by wanthair74
          I will try to contact Tracy and yes I tried Spiro when I first began to thin and it didn't help.
          My mother and her sisters have the same pattern as you but since they are older it is a lot worse.

I am no longer posting in this forum. I would recommend you join the women's hair loss project forum. I will be there. I replied to your PM.

Comment

• nikemata
            • Dec 2011

Wanthair

As far as I know, Spiro can improve hair loss.

Comment

• wanthair74
              • Jul 2012

4 month update with pics- female wants opinions

After going to 2 hair transplant surgeons and the second saying I should try finasteride but yet not wanting to prescribe it I finally found after 7 Dr's one that prescribed it to me. The second surgeon said that because of dht levels being so high that I would still have hairloss after the transplant if I didn't take finasteride-however, without having my ovaries removed he wouldn't prescribe it. I also found out my vitamin d level was only 8. So I am taking finasteride and vitamin d. Here are my 4 month pics after starting finasteride and vitamin d. I put the before pic and then right beside the after. I also included a pic of my topper I currently am wearing.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

Here are my 4 month pics after starting finasteride and vitamin d.
                It typically takes at least a full year to see appreciable improvement. I am surprised that the doctor didn't prescribe spiro and Nizoral.

Your topper looks really nice. I no longer need a topper but I would like to wear one once in a while when I want to get fancied up. My hair has out grown my old toppers though so I need to get new ones.

Comment

• baldozer
                  • Oct 2012

Want opinions from males because I haven't been able to find that many women with my type of hairloss- I started losing my hair at 28 now 38- after testing the only thing I've been told is high testosterone/dht along with genetic hairloss- my dad has same hairloss pattern. I have had many many tests done in the past 4 years. What is your opinion on a hair transplant- Im currently using topper. I am planning on scheduling for Sep- At consult I was told 2000 grafts for front and 1000 for crown- two separate sessions and $9750 for the first session- Dr. wants to make sure the first session takes.
                  Have you tried spiro?

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                    I am surprised that the doctor didn't prescribe spiro and Nizoral.
                    I need to add that I am also surprised that you are not using Rogaine foam at least once a day - or are you? If not, once a day is better than not using it at all when you need it - and you need it.

Comment

Working...