+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

wanthair74
    I implore you to do a lot of research before rushing into a procedure. A lot of the guys here (myself included) have not had transplants and only rely on anecdotal information from the internet.
    While Dr. Gho's Stem Cell Transplant could prove to be a huge advancement in hair restoration only a few site regulars are complete converts. It is also quite costly and currently performed only in the EU and UK. Still you should visit the site (Hair Science Institute) and judge for yourself.
    Before you go thru any surgery make sure that the doctor has done a number of female patients and ask the doctor to meet them in person so you can evaluate their results. Even if you have to put it off for a few months.
    Good luck and I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wanthair74 View Post
    Want opinions from males because I haven't been able to find that many women with my type of hairloss- I started losing my hair at 28 now 38- after testing the only thing I've been told is high testosterone/dht along with genetic hairloss- my dad has same hairloss pattern. I have had many many tests done in the past 4 years. What is your opinion on a hair transplant- Im currently using topper. I am planning on scheduling for Sep- At consult I was told 2000 grafts for front and 1000 for crown- two separate sessions and $9750 for the first session- Dr. wants to make sure the first session takes.
    There is a girl on this board named Tracy. That is who you need to talk to about women's hairloss as I believe she has relatives with the male pattern.

Have you tried treatment like oral spiro?

Erick-
    Thanks for replying. No I havent found a doctor that will prescribe finasteride- even though because of the high testosterone I haven't had a menstrual cycle in 6 years- I cannot find one to give it to me. I sure would take it though
    Also, the only hair transplant Dr I have consulted with is Dr. Fisher in Nashville, TN.
    Just wondering what you meant by if I have the money then you would not have the hair transplant?

mlao- Thanks for the reply. Its hard to find women with my type of hairloss- I guess its because its male patterned- Dr. Fisher told me this week that my type of hairloss is unique and out of his 15% of female patients- none has had this severe of loss in this pattern. I did an online consult with Dr Bernstein- just the other night, so Im waiting for his opinion.

Maradona- I will research that Dr.- if its not available in the US then it will not be an option for me to travel outside the country. Thanks for the advice and I will research that Dr and his technique.

nikemata- Thanks and I will post all my pics throughout this journey- should I decide to do it I am having it done in September. At this point its either have the transplant and take a shot or start doing a bonded topper- I'm currently wearing the clip in topper but I have to take it off to swim, shower, etc and I want a different option at this point.

amadeus- Thanks for the advice. I am going to go to bonded topper if I choose not to do the transplant in September. I am currently wearing a clip in and it looks very natural. I just kinda feel like the transplant is my last option before going to the bonded topper and am just curious if it will turn out good. I do not mind to wear a mid length above shoulder hair style but I wouldn't want a very short style as I am a woman and don't like too short of hair style. I also dont mind wasting money to try it- at this point I would do almost anything for the thick hair I did have.

mpb47- Thanks for the reply. I will try to contact Tracy and yes I tried Spiro when I first began to thin and it didn't help- I want finasteride but no one will give it to me. I ordered a one month supply of Avodart years ago but my family hounded me about ordering it from another country so I only took it for a month- not long enough to know if it would work but I believe it would have because another lady was given Avodart that had male pattern baldness and it grew her hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by wanthair74 View Post
    I will try to contact Tracy and yes I tried Spiro when I first began to thin and it didn't help.
    My mother and her sisters have the same pattern as you but since they are older it is a lot worse.

I am no longer posting in this forum. I would recommend you join the women's hair loss project forum. I will be there. I replied to your PM.

Wanthair

As far as I know, Spiro can improve hair loss.