+ Reply to Thread

Default Wow, impressive.

Just an FYI here for the guys reading:

I just ordered a product called "Dermmatch". To be honest, I wasnt really expecting much, but I figured the stuff might be worth a shot while I'm waiting to see what happens with Propecia (only been on for 1 month). I'm not really all that bald at all, its more of a Norwood 2-3 with diffuse thinning.

So anyways, the stuff came a few days ago, and let me tell you.......with only a few hours of practice, this stuff is a miracle worker. I've literally worn a hat in shame for the last 2 years (probably overreactive, but man, cant help it) and today as im typing this, NO HAT!!

I guess I'm just bringing this up for some of you guys that might not be all that bald, and are looking for an upper. I have no clue how well this stuff works on different types of hairloss, but for the pattern and severity of mine its like I have an entirely different head of hair.

Anyone else tried the stuff and had good results? I know its not a hairloss cure but it sure does make it look (a lot) better while I wait to see what propecia does.

Skeptic1st

Post a Photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragckr View Post
    Just an FYI here for the guys reading:

I just ordered a product called "Dermmatch". To be honest, I wasnt really expecting much, but I figured the stuff might be worth a shot while I'm waiting to see what happens with Propecia (only been on for 1 month). I'm not really all that bald at all, its more of a Norwood 2-3 with diffuse thinning.

So anyways, the stuff came a few days ago, and let me tell you.......with only a few hours of practice, this stuff is a miracle worker. I've literally worn a hat in shame for the last 2 years (probably overreactive, but man, cant help it) and today as im typing this, NO HAT!!

I guess I'm just bringing this up for some of you guys that might not be all that bald, and are looking for an upper. I have no clue how well this stuff works on different types of hairloss, but for the pattern and severity of mine its like I have an entirely different head of hair.

Anyone else tried the stuff and had good results? I know its not a hairloss cure but it sure does make it look (a lot) better while I wait to see what propecia does.
    I’m a big fan of Dermmatch, it can really work wonders if you know how to finesse it.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

I am starting to get very curious about this Dermatch stuff! I've heard Spencer say good things about this product before, and now this post has reinforced my curiosity.

Spencer, do you think Dermatch might be useful for me? Perhaps up top and in the crown area? Can it give me illusions of fullness? Are they any negatives about the product that you can give us a heads-up on?

Hey all,

I have been using Dermamatch for about 3 years - and it has been pretty incredible for masking my crown and diffuse frontal area. The combination of Dermamatch with a little Toppik is like magic, and I'm not overstating it! The down side?...you might put off (like I did) having a permanent solution done for the issue -- I had a HT a little over two months ago though, and now I'm still using the Dermamatch/Toppik combo, but as a stop-gap measure as I wait for new growth.

It takes me about 10 minutes to do the Dermamatch/Toppik thing in the morning and I'm done. My one wish is that Dermamatch would include an SPF in their product so that I could go hatless in the summer sun.

Best,
    Michael

Also, check out Big Macs video where he uses Nanogen fibers (similar product to Toppik) to make his bald spot disappear -- great stuff. Now imagine a little Dermamatch underneath that and that's what I do -- this technique has hidden my bald spot and diffuse areas without detection for years. And if you're thinking "what if someone notices?" I have a line that I've never had to use but keep at the ready because I love it -- you simply reply that the Toppik (or Nanogen) fibers are healthy for the hair and are helping it grow...who would argue with that as a reason for doing it?

Anyway - best to you all!
    Michael

Hey guys, I'll try and get some pics in so you can see what it does on my head of hair.

One thing I have noticed using the stuff, is that it may be wise to invest in a hair dryer. Ive gotten pretty masterful at applying the stuff (its very easy once you get the hang of it), the only slow part is drying it up quick. A hair dryer literally cuts the application of Dermmatch by 3/4. Literally, it takes me 2 minutes to do the dermmatch, and another 2 to dry my hair, and another 1 minute to towel off my head some (for any excess) and apply some hair gel or something.

Its like a 5 minute routine, and I must say, much faster than when i was busy standing infront of the mirror for 30 minutes trying to get everything covered just right with no concealer.

I've never tried toppik, but I did read up on it some. It looks like its amazing stuff, however, I was pretty skeptical about how well it would stay in. Of course, I'm still pretty skeptical that its a good idea to swim with Dermmatch, even though the site clearly states you can do so.

Check the site out at Dermmatch.com, it might be worth a look for some of you guys, although I doubt you get results quite as realistic as the pics they put up. You probably need a bit more hair on your head than they seem to claim. Otherwise, its pretty good stuff, take a look at it. Shipping and everything came to about 35 bucks, and the disc will last a while, not sure about 8 months tho.

Best of luck. (and ill try to get some before and after pics in for you)