X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

Patriots’ Wes Welker does ad deal with hair transplant doc

New England PatriotsAll-Pro wide receiver Wes Welker, who underwent a hair restoration procedure at Leonard Hair Transplant Associates, will appear in television, radio and print ads with Dr. Robert Leonard to talk about his experience and to raise awareness about hair loss.

• northeastguy
    • Feb 2012

Best in the industry? I guess it's true what they say about football players.....

Comment

• wylie
      • Sep 2011

It's rumored that Brady went there first.

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

I went to see Dr Leonard back in 2006 to start my laser treatment when I lived in New England.

Yes, Brady has seen Dr Leonard, I wouldn't be surprised if he's on Propecia, or had some work done. Regardless his hair is ****ing perfect, not to mention his skills. Wish I had his hair.

Comment

• northeastguy
          • Feb 2012

Wish I had his hair? sure. His skills?.... Rogers, Brees, E manning (can't ignore beating him heads up 2x in the big game), P manning. I'd take these guys over Mr 2 step dump pass any day. But ya, he's got the hair. Although not sure he had any work done. He has always had that going.
          As for Leonard, he pushes pretty hard on the local radio sports stations in Boston. FAR better choices down 95 in NY. He always seems to be a decade behind. I first saw him in my early 20's and he said I'm going to remove 6mm plugs from the back of your head, cut them in quaters and place them in your temple areas....... This was when micro and mini grafts where in full motion. Scary. I think about that all the time and what that would look like today.

Comment

• gillenator
            • Dec 2008

Definitely better choices down 95 in NYC!
            "Gillenator"
            Independent Patient Advocate
            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• slimm
              • Jun 2012

FUE perhaps?

"Welker was immediately able to resume his regular activities, including training for the football season and even wearing a helmet."

Comment

• northeastguy
                • Feb 2012

No doubt.... Leonard uses and promotes the Neograft.

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

IMHO, whether having FUE or strip, the post-op care is still critical to not rub the newly implanted grafts or to immediately engae in stenuous activity like football practice which potentially could have dislodged or popped out a few grafts.

I highly doubt that he went out to football practice immediately the day after.
                  "Gillenator"
                  Independent Patient Advocate
                  more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• The Alchemist
                    • Mar 2011

Anybody have updates on how Welker is progressing with his transplant?

Saw him and Brady sitting side by side on the sidelines, both of them were wearing identical skull caps. Couldn't see what's going on. He's got to be about 5-6 months in so should be showing some growth.

Comment

Working...