+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Loss Show 7/17/12

On this weeks Spencer Kobren’s The Bald Truth, Spencer discusses Aderan’s acquisition of The Hair Club and speaks with Joe Tillman, from Hasson and Wong about the effectiveness of temporary scalp micro- pigmentation. Spencer Kobren also fields questions from callers and from the Bald Truth chat. For daily updates on the world of hair loss [...]Spencer Kobren – Hair Loss Show 7/17/12 is a post from: Hair Loss Show: The Bald Truth

More...

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Ive tried to start a thread in re to this particular topic on the Hair Loss Show 7/17/12. So Ill bring it here as well.

Aderans Acquires Hair Club-what do you think?
    Ive been listening to The Bald Truth's live show from this past Tuesday the 17th. Spencer and Joe had discussed this topic extensively on Tuesday show @ 21mins56secs and @ 1hour23mins22sec.

http://www.4-traders.com/REGIS-CORPO...rket-14414567/

It is speculated (using commonsense) that Aderans is 'setting up shop' for the release of their upcoming regenerative injection treatments.
    Listen to Spencer's program, and make your comments here. What does everyone think?
    (JRQ, UK boy and 2020 made some good points)

JRQ
    "overall it's a good buy. Although they have a pretty bad press (Bosley-esque), they make a good portion of Regis' profits considering their overall small presence within the company. Tie that in with 'knowledgeable' staff and several key locations across the U.S., and I see a good investment strategy".

UK Boy
    "I agree that Aderans have taken over these premises in preparation for the release of their new HM product. It makes sense, these places are well located and ideal premises for the relatively simple procedure. Some guys on Hairsite are being negative about it (What a surprise!) They're saying that this means Aderans have failed with their HM attempts and have decided to focus on selling wigs. To me it makes far more sense that they are preparing for the new treatment, they'll have finished Phase II in 6 months so it makes sense for then to be thinking about things like "Where are we going to carry out this procedure when we bring it to market at the end of phase III". Plus if they really were failing I can't understand why they wouldn't have just terminated phase II instead of taking years over it and why they would have bothered investing another 150 million just last year.
    I wish we could get confirmation that it is indeed the case but after thinking about it I got quite excited about the news cos it gives a real sense of things moving on"

"second that. There at least 5 of those in my state alone with closest one being less than 20 minutes away from my house. Perfect way to distribute their treatment if it works"

Thumbs up Excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post
    On this weeks Spencer Kobren’s The Bald Truth, Spencer discusses Aderan’s acquisition of The Hair Club and speaks with Joe Tillman, from Hasson and Wong about the effectiveness of temporary scalp micro- pigmentation. Spencer Kobren also fields questions from callers and from the Bald Truth chat. For daily updates on the world of hair loss [...]Spencer Kobren – Hair Loss Show 7/17/12 is a post from: Hair Loss Show: The Bald Truth

More...

Great show. I really think the temporary scalp-micropigmentation procedure by Milena is a pure work of art. I can't tell what is pigment vs hair. It is so well designed/placed mimicking real hair. It looks excellent on scars, the most natural I have seen on the forums. The fact that it is temporary makes it even better as there are concerns with the long term ink consistency in "permanent" smp techniques by some other companies. I wouldn't mind getting it done years later in thinning or lower density areas. I will probably consider it as a filler, like some hair fiber products, but with some stress free benefits. No weather worries, water/rain worries/discoloration/over caking/wasted time applying and etc., as it is with toppik and the likes. It'll make life easier. I can't wait to see more of her work and hope you also get a chance to speak with this lady or have her answer some questions on your show.

Regarding Aderans, something is clearly cooking. They haven't released much of their research data to the extent Replicel and other research companies have. However, the purchase of the hair club does raise eyebrows. Especially, the money they put into purchasing it at a time they should be monitoring funds for their R&D. No company would mismanage funds like that unless they have clearly discovered they have something powerful they can utilize and to do so through the hairclub franchise. The hair club locations are all over the place. I am speculating, but it seems like an excellent route to mass market their possible new product. Hair club has done a great job of marketing alone that even if you don't want a hair piece or a procedure, they get some guys with their vitamins and other haircare products. If their product does what they claim it does, then they picked the right strategy to put it to market.

Can't wait for the next show.

Great show as always! I think Aderans is definitely getting all of their ducks in a row to basically take over the world so to speak. It’s a good move on several levels. They are basically buying up their competition and they will be better situated to get more people through their doors once they roll out their treatment.

Of course they are preparing for HM roll-out - why else would the buy up those units in an already saturated hair transplant market?