+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

UK_,

Do you have some sort of learning disability? There is definitely something wrong with your head. You are absolutely not hooked up right.

No one, absolutely no one, has ever downplayed the severity of the side effects for those few who experience them. Nobody. Not a single solitary soul. For you or anyone else to say I am doing that is a complete and total lie.

This is and has always been about the fear mongering that is grossly overstating the percentage of guys who experience the possible side effects. If you want this problem to be taken as seriously as it should be, you need to do your part and stop clouding this issue with your crap. This stuff you keep shoveling is crap. Your conduct concerning this issue is crap. Your persistent mindless attacks on me are crap. Absolutely no one is going to take someone who acts like you seriously.

I am not an idiot, I have never been an idiot and I do not deserve to be called an idiot by you or anyone else. You are treading on very thin ice. It is in your best interest to stop this crap and and go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    UK_,

Do you have some sort of learning disability? .
    No, but I do know children with learning disabilities so I'd appreciate it if you showed a little more respect and decency in your replies.

No one, absolutely no one, has ever downplayed the severity of the side effects for those few who experience them. Nobody. Not a single solitary soul. For you or anyone else to say I am doing that is a complete and total lie.
    What about Merck?

Half the lawsuits against Merck (propecia) contain the words "Downplay, downplayed and side effects":

http://discover-medical.com/2012/04/...-side-effects/

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...t-9-17163.html

http://www.elawsuit.com/2012/03/29/p...r-resolve.html

I am not an idiot, I have never been an idiot and I do not deserve to be called an idiot by you or anyone else. You are treading on very thin ice. It is in your best interest to stop this crap and and go away.
    Are you threatening me?

Come on!! chill out guys.. Now i bet satch is pretty confused!!

What pisses me the most about this industry is that after all those years, reported sides, and fears,,, we still don't have an approved tropical alternative to propecia... It's common sense why should ppl mess up with their whole body and hormones to stop hair loss?
    Im glad we got gho now so at least we have the option of overcoming the limitation of donor supply but still not everybody can afford that :S

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    we still don't have an approved tropical alternative to propecia..:S
    I meant topical alternative to propecia!!

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I meant topical alternative to propecia!!
    Many many topicals to many to list. I gained almost nw using topicals

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Many many topicals to many to list. I gained almost nw using topicals
    we know we know.... the problem is that you don't really know what you're doing so you just decided to use EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT ON THE PLANET. Of course that will probably work but that's not the point. I bet a few of those items do 90% of the work. Why the hassle?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    we know we know.... the problem is that you don't really know what you're doing so you just decided to use EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT ON THE PLANET. Of course that will probably work but that's not the point. I bet a few of those items do 90% of the work. Why the hassle?
    My regimen will in 2 months or so. Will eliminate proxiphen, cb, and asc. Add bim and Neosh

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    Hi guys

I am 31 year old male.

For the last few years my front hairline has been thinning. I can still just about cover it up and I am desperate for it to not get any worse.

I have been reading up on line and I see mixed stories about taking propecia.

I see that I can get this within the UK from reputable online pharmacists and I am wondering whether to give it a shot.

As far as I can tell I have no other locations with hair loss issues other than at the front.

Is propecia likely to help with this and should I also look to complimenting this with Regaine?

As no one else in my family, even going up many generations, seems to have this issue I wonder if there could be something I am doing to my hair to cause this thinning rather than standard genetics - I wash my hair everyday with standard head and shoulders shampoo - I assume that this could not cause it?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks a lot

Satch
    If you hairloss is not aggressive, Regaine alone will buy you time. How much is hard to say. At some point you will probably need propecia to keep it from spreading. Some people have been on it for 15 years with no problems others have problems within months. I used it for about 4 years with good results but had to stop because of sides. Recently started back but this time with a much smaller amount 1/4 of a pill once about every 2 weeks. If I do not have any problems I will try it every 10 days and gradually increase if I can. I would recommend something like this and gradually ramp up usage over time.

Also I have been on the American version of Regaine for about 15 years with good results...
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    LOL you just said to me the reason you have not been kicked off the website is because the moderators agree with what you're saying.

So you're sitting there telling me your information is right BECAUSE the moderators agree? LOLOL - listen to yourself for a moment, you are talking utter garbage - who are the moderators anyway? lol are they scientists?

You have also failed to offer the scientific basis upon which you made the following comment:

What methods do you use? I am genuinely interested, I am not being funny here, I would love to take finasteride and also be bulletproof against any possible sides, apparently you have the answer.

Please share with us.
    Even if your right you are doing yourself a disfavor by coming on so strong.
    By screaming at her no one will take you serious. Use logical arguments instead.

Just a few things.

I feel like any propecia topic gets WAY too heated around here and ends up have 3-4 pages of just nonsense arguing back and forth. Although to add it is annoying with some of the fear mongerers of propecia that had sides or sides lasting after they were off the drug and act like propecia is the worst drug in the world. I advise ANYONE considering taking the drug to not listen to these guys. YES there is a chance, a small chance of sides(and a VERY small, say around 1-2% which is nothing out of the millions that take it, of permanent or long-lasting side effects, probably the same chance that you'll get hit by a car tomorrow)

But you have to read the data yourself and put it into context. MANY medications have side effects and many dont get affected by the side effects.

In all honesty reading through these forums, the vast majority of men on propecia dont have sides and pretty much stop posting, it's the few that have sides and HATE propecia that continue to badger those that are considering it. I personally have been on it for over a month with zero sides so far.

Ultimately, there is a chance, but to me the risk was far too small for me not to at least try it out, already my hair feels better(and might be getting better but im not sure yet!) and i definitely dont regret taking it!