+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Except it's not reliable data Tracy.
    What I am looking at is reliable data. I do know the difference. I worked at a research lab for a very long time. I am not new to this kind of stuff. I know what I am looking at. It is NOT data from Merck or anyone associated with Merck.

I do believe your theory about younger males who only have adult males hair lines and are attempting to reverse it are far more at risk though. I just haven't seen anything to prove it yet. The more I think about what you said about that the more my instincts are telling me you are probably right..

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    babble...
    The words some and all do not mean the same thing. You are old enough to know that out by now.

Dont rely so much in this type of drug because it will do harm you than good.

That is not true for the majority of men who use it. The majority of men who use it do not experience the possible side effects. Whether you like it or not, that is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The words some and all do not mean the same thing. You are old enough to know that out by now.
    Babble?

Why dont you pull your head out of your elephant stinking ass and actually do your own background reading on the case I was actually discussing?

That is not true for the majority of men who use it. The majority of men who use it do not experience the possible side effects. Whether you like it or not, that is the truth.
    This is probably what happened to you:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1695706.html

Idiot.

UK_,

You need to stop calling me an idiot because you are completely wrong, you are obviously not very intelligent yourself so you are not qualified to call anyone an idiot. Besides belligerent personal attacks like this are just plain wrong. They might even be a violation of forum rules.

The article you have pointed out is complete and total BS. Anyone with even less than half a brain should be able to see that. The person in that article was obviously transgendered before she even thought about taking the medication. Now she is using the current Propecia scare to try to get money to finance her transformation. It's called ambulance chasing. It's nothing new - and it's not news.

Now grow a pair and act like a man instead of a naughty school boy.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Except it's not reliable data Tracy. How many times have I got to say this:

The studies are NOT representative of people taking Propecia. They typically are biased in that they (intentionally or otherwise) exclude men who are 1) young, and/or 2) with less aggressive balding/lower on the Norwood scale.

This point is ignored by every person who defends and promotes Propecia. I've yet to read a satisfactory defence. Don't tell me it's not important. It's a blatant methodological flaw.
    The study, and I use that term loosely, that is most often mentioned by the anti-fin crowd is the one conducted by Irwig. This study is inherently flawed by poor methodology because it only includes men who have previously complained of sexual side effects. This is clearly confirmation bias.

I've been taking propecia for a year and six months with out any sides.

UK_,

You need to stop calling me an idiot because you are completely wrong, you are obviously not very intelligent yourself so you are not qualified to call anyone an idiot. Besides belligerent personal attacks like this are just plain wrong. They might even be a violation of forum rules.

The article you have pointed out is complete and total BS. Anyone with even less than half a brain should be able to see that. The person in that article was obviously transgendered before she even thought about taking the medication. Now she is using the current Propecia scare to try to get money to finance her transformation. It's called ambulance chasing. It's nothing new - and it's not news.

Now grow a pair and act like a man instead of a naughty school boy.
    NEW JULY 2012 STUDY:

"In a group of 54 otherwise healthy former users of finasteride who developed persistent sexual side effects that lasted for at least 3 months, 96% continued to experience these effects when reassessed 9–16 months (mean 14 months) later, raising the possibility of permanent effects.".
    ABSTRACT
    Introduction.  Finasteride has been associated with sexual side effects that may persist despite discontinuation of the medication. In a clinical series, 20% of subjects with male pattern hair loss reported persistent sexual dysfunction for ≥6 years, suggesting the possibility that the dysfunction may be permanent. These subjects also reported a wide range of symptoms including changes in cognition, ejaculate quality, and genital sensation. Other medications have been associated with irreversible neurological effects, such as phenothiazines with tardive dyskinesias.

Aim.  To prospectively study whether the persistent sexual side effects associated with finasteride resolve or endure over time.

Methods.  Subjects (N = 54) with persistent sexual side effects associated with finasteride were reassessed after 9–16 months (mean 14 months). All subjects were otherwise healthy young men without any baseline sexual dysfunction, medical conditions, psychiatric conditions, or use of oral prescription medications prior to taking finasteride for male pattern hair loss.

Main Outcome Measure.  Scores from the Arizona Sexual Experience Scale (ASEX).

Results.  The participation rate was 81%. At reassessment persistent sexual side effects continued to be present in 96% of subjects. According to the ASEX scores, 89% of subjects met the definition of sexual dysfunction. Neither the length of finasteride use nor the duration of the sexual side effects correlated to changes in scores of sexual dysfunction.

Conclusion.  In most men who developed persistent sexual side effects (≥3 months) despite the discontinuation of finasteride, the sexual dysfunction continued for many months or years. Although several rat studies have shown detrimental changes to erectile function caused by 5 alpha reductase inhibitors, the persistent nature of these changes is an area of active research. Prescribers of finasteride and men contemplating its use should be made aware of the potential adverse medication effects. Irwig MS. Persistent sexual side effects of finasteride: Could they be permanent? J Sex Med **;**:**–**.

TRACY C YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT

FINASTERIDE IS THE HAIR LOSS VERSION OF ACCUTANE AND MORONS LIKE YOU NEED TO SHUT THE **** UP BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH DAMAGE YOU ARE DOING!!!!!

YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO TELL PEOPLE TO TAKE FINASTERIDE SO PLEASE SHUT YOUR STINK HOLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    The study, and I use that term loosely, that is most often mentioned by the anti-fin crowd is the one conducted by Irwig. This study is inherently flawed by poor methodology because it only includes men who have previously complained of sexual side effects. This is clearly confirmation bias.

I've been taking propecia for a year and six months with out any sides.
    Telling us you've taken it without sides is absolutely useless information in response to my comment. How old are you and where are you on the Norwood scale? That is more important.