+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    and you call me a troll
    okay... make your argument. What do you think causes MPB?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post

lol welcome to the wormiest can of worms on BTT....let me give you a warmup to save him some time:
    1 You can cut your DHT levels by at least 70% if you are abstinent and eat healthy.
    2 Your body can't produce 5-ar enzymes unless you ejaculate (yes this was actually claimed in this thread)
    3 Finasteride stops hair loss by shrinking your prostate. Lowering DHT by blocking the 5-ar type II enzyme is "just a theory" that people came up with years after the drug was being marketed and sold.
    4 No one in history has ever tried abstinence and dieting as a way of reversing balding "long enough." We'll know someone tried it long enough when it somehow actually works, which will be never, therefor this idea can never be disproved.
    5 There is no data showing the genetic component to hair loss, that's just a conspiracy by doctors and pharm companies and shit, despite that we have already identified genes that influence MPB and there are now tests to see if you will start balding prematurely. Those are part of the conspiracy
    6 to summarize, Cap'n Crunch and cumming make you go bald. That's why people who eat garbage and ejaculate every day can die at age 80 with a NW2.

Bonus: tight scalps make you go bald. That's why hair transplants don't work (unless you count the fact that they do) and thats why people with above average scalp laxity go bald.

Default Simply and Quickly put

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post

Hair growth is affected by multiple factors much like the growth of a plant in your garden. You do not simply plant a seed in dry ground and expect the sun to do all the work. You also need water. Additionally this water needs certain nutrients to maintain the optimal level of plant health. Well much like a plant needing sun, water, and nutrients hair needs nutrient rich blood, sun and hormones. Well some hormones promote body and facial hair and some promote hair on the head. It just so happens that the hormone that promotes facial and body hair also damages hair on the head under the “wrong” condition. I will get to that wrong condition in a moment. First what is this hormone that promotes facial and body hair and is also the main cause for Male Pattern Baldness (MPB)? It’s called Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and it’s a potent androgen that is converted from Testosterone (T) in many places but primarily in your Prostate. This is in no way my opinion it is common knowledge that DHT is the culprit behind MPB and all medications on the market aim at stopping this conversion of T-DHT. The only medication that has had any real success with this was first introduced to the public under the brand name Propecia. Propecia claims to block the enzyme responsible for making this conversion of T-DHT and that enzyme is called the 5-Alpha Reductase. If you don’t already know, an enzyme is a catalyst that speeds up or in some cases makes a chemical reaction happen that other wise would not have been possible. Propecia makers originally prescribed the medication for people experiencing Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). In other words BPH is simply an enlarged prostate usually noticed by an increased in urine frequency and in most cases difficulty urinating. Propecia works by reducing the size of the prostate and it was later that it was discovered to grow hair on balding crowns of men. Sense then they have hypothesized that Propecia blocks T-DHT conversion via the inhibiting of the 5-Alpha Reductase. Its mechanism for doing this or to what degree it does is irrelevant because the reducing of the prostate is the key to re-growing hair. As Testosterone leaves the testicle(s) along with Sperm it travels to the Prostate where the semen is excreted through Dermal Cells to join the sperm to make the total ejaculate. Semen from the prostate keeps the sperm alive in the highly acidic Vagina. 95% of the Testosterone that gets to the prostate is converted into Dihydrotestosterone. These hormones are very much essential for reproductions and go on to be key in mammalian hair growth. At age 12 your prostate is only the size of pea where it begins a rapid growth phase that will slow down in your early 20’s. After you have reached this age and subsequently this size prostate you now are able per ejaculation to put out more DHT then ever before. So then DHT will promote hair growth in many places in your body before it affects hair however at high enough levels you begin to experience free DHT that simply has nowhere to go. A hair has growth phase of 6 years so if you have all the hair you need growing and you continue to have high DHT it’s going to be expelled out of your body VIA acne. Now this would be fine if it were not for that “condition” that I mentioned in the beginning. Because of various factors that are being discovered as you read this the scalp of males and females can become vary tight. It is in this tight scalp that DHT can not make it across the tiny capillaries running across the top of your head. The DHT literally gets clogged in the “run off” to the hair follicle and the hair starves to death. The tightness of the scalp comes in many forms and where that pressure is applied is what will begin this balding process and also how fast the pressure is applied will determine how quickly you lose your hair in those areas. Some people the pressure gives at certain areas so they don’t lose as much hair other its all over and for some they have such thick loose scalps DHT never has a chance.

As Testosterone leaves the testicle(s) along with Sperm it travels to the Prostate where the semen is excreted through Dermal Cells to join the Semen to make the total ejaculate. Semen from the prostate keeps the sperm alive in the highly acidic Vagina. 95% of the Testosterone that gets to the prostate is converted into Dihydrotestosterone.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2055645.

Botox study Shows the importance of circulation and a cushioned scalp
    http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsur...ulinum.79.aspx

Minoxodil is a vasodilator that increases blood flow.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6239893

shows the significant decrease in blood flow to the balding areas where as people not balding had no decrease in blood flow at all
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8628793

study showing a rise in testosterone after day 7 of abstience suggesting at the very least a week is how long it takes for your body to balance its hormones out following ejaculation
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12506329

This study shows one ejaculation a week will rise DHT levels and its the only hormone effected by ejaculation.
    http://www.bmj.com/content/310/6990/1289.full

Women have one tenth the amount of testosterone as compared to men but by age forty, their level can rise to half that of a 20 year-old man. Mainly for women DHT is converted from T in the brain and skin. This explains why most women never have enough DHT to cause hair loss and the ones who do its usually later in life.
    http://wellnessmd.com/index.php?opti...=64&Itemid=106

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    lol welcome to the wormiest can of worms on BTT....let me give you a warmup to save him some time:
    1 You can cut your DHT levels by at least 70% if you are abstinent and eat healthy.
    2 Your body can't produce 5-ar enzymes unless you ejaculate (yes this was actually claimed in this thread)
    3 Finasteride stops hair loss by shrinking your prostate. Lowering DHT by blocking the 5-ar type II enzyme is "just a theory" that people came up with years after the drug was being marketed and sold.
    4 No one in history has ever tried abstinence and dieting as a way of reversing balding "long enough." We'll know someone tried it long enough when it somehow actually works, which will be never, therefor this idea can never be disproved.
    5 There is no data showing the genetic component to hair loss, that's just a conspiracy by doctors and pharm companies and shit, despite that we have already identified genes that influence MPB and there are now tests to see if you will start balding prematurely. Those are part of the conspiracy
    6 to summarize, Cap'n Crunch and cumming make you go bald. That's why people who eat garbage and ejaculate every day can die at age 80 with a NW2.

Bonus: tight scalps make you go bald. That's why hair transplants don't work (unless you count the fact that they do) and thats why people with above average scalp laxity go bald.

Your a ****ing moron Half the shit you said is a lie. The rest you just grossly misinterpreted it. Go wack it baldy.

I have to agree with these guys.

There is a definitely a trigger for hairloss other than your genes. It is also environmental.

Some twins do not start balding at the same time and do not experience the same rate of hairloss.

Some twins do not develop the same body hair growth in some areas.

25 going on whatever. Wheres your proof?

Show a study that says size of prostate has nothing to do with amount of DHT.

Show of somebody with excellent laxity loseing hair (Not in the back where they have hair moron on the top where they dont).

Show a study that states propecia doesn't effect the size of the prostate.

Show a study that shows a healthy adult with moderate ejaculation rates that is loseing hair.

Show a study that says rogaine does anything but increase circulation.

Show something that backs any of your counter arguments or are you just gonna keep spreading lies?

Oh god this is too funny. I'm definitely content leaving this one to the readers rather than go in another round of circles.
    This is the best I've seen since StressedToTheBald.

You know what else I just realized....everyone he calls "bald" on this forum has a Norwood 2 or better despite our diets and sex habits, lol!
    And there he is, depriving himself of food and laundering his sticky bed sheets while freefalling on the NW scale.....
    I think I love this thread now.

Ok so I had a few drinks last night and was probably being a little more trollish than necessary. As comical as I find this thread and the lifestyle balding conspiracy theories, I should have resisted the urge to make fun, and stuck to what I laid out in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I didn't say it's all genetics. I did say we know genetics determine whether you will have MPB. They also determine your pattern (ie sensitivity of individual follicles to DHT) and, based on existing data, overwhelmingly determine the rate of balding (assuming no medicinal intervention has taken place).
    This is basic science now, with decades of peer reviewed studies behind it. However we have jack sh*t to show us that food or sex can appreciably affect the MPB process in any way. At this point what we have is a bunch of tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists on forums saying you can reproduce finasteride's effects by eating healthy and not cumming (because those things will definitely eliminate 70% of your DHT levels--LOL)

A good diet has plenty of positive effects. Hair maintenance is not one of them. These joke guesswork hypotheses (that word is too generous actually) keep coming back, and failing, every few years on these forums. Let them stay dead this time.
    Of course I'm sure this won't convince some people to abandon their favorite pet conspiracy theories. So I'll leave them to it, this thread is dead to me until any kind of meaningful data comes up that actually demonstrates a direct cause-effect relationship between orgasms+food and MPB.
    I will do my best.