Fish protein formula is working for you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joni
    • Jul 2012

Fish protein formula is working for you?

Hi, I'm new here, I joined the forum to learn about other people's experiences on the effects of fish protein on hair growth.

I have to admit that I am quite afraid of hair transplant or any kind of surgery for that matter, just don't like the idea of ripping off my own healthy skin from my head, its terrible. I have heard lots of horror stories about hair transplant gone wrong and don't want to be part of that. A few months ago I started using a type of fish protein and amino acids formula for re-energizing of hair follicles called HarVokse™ and saw some improvement on the crown area of my head. Is anyone else is experiencing the same results with this product or its just me?
  • Stanth
    • Jul 2012

This sounds too good to be true and some of the before and after pictures look a bit grainy and old... but if it does work it's worth a look!

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

pahahahahahahahahahahahhapaaahahahaahaaapoapapsjsd bhjdgbebwferafbgvdacbgdackbdcvdobesjzdvadfvdv

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

looooooooooooooooool fish oil.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

Can you post a link or any other way to find more information about this product you are talking about?
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Davey Jones
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
            Can you post a link or any other way to find more information about this product you are talking about?
            I got'cha, Glenn:

Comment

• beatinghairloss
              • May 2012

Some of the lowest hairloss stats come from the highest fish intake countries its amazing that you would find it so far fetched that fish oil or protein would not benefit the hair.

Comment

• neversaynever
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by beatinghairloss
                Some of the lowest hairloss stats come from the highest fish intake countries its amazing that you would find it so far fetched that fish oil or protein would not benefit the hair.
                Its totally ignorant. FOOD plays big part in the health of hair. Im not saying that once youre going bald, a diet change will reverse it. But generations of people eating certain food...seems to lead to less baldness.

Comment

• Maradona
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
                  Its totally ignorant. FOOD plays big part in the health of hair. Im not saying that once youre going bald, a diet change will reverse it. But generations of people eating certain food...seems to lead to less baldness.
                  This is why i follow asian diet. Just in case shit happens. You never know it might help in the long run !

Comment

• Davey Jones
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by beatinghairloss
                    Before I try to argue that, where did you read those stats on hairloss by country? 'Cause I don't want to waste time typing up why that doesn't matter if it's not true anyway.

Comment

• neversaynever
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Davey Jones
                      Before I try to argue that, where did you read those stats on hairloss by country? 'Cause I don't want to waste time typing up why that doesn't matter if it's not true anyway.
                      Dunno about stats, but I've got a very mixed group of friends in London. Ive noticed the the guys with high protein, fish and coconut diets (over generations, not just one lifetime) have far less balding before 30, maybe 40.

Ive noticed it all since i started losing hair.

Ive noticed, without doubt, that barely any chinese guys go bald before 30. Soy?

Theres definately a link, but its a thing thats done over generations, not just one lifetime.

My family history is filled with crap food, alcoholics, vegetarians, way too much flour products, barely any protein. Balding is a huge problem for me, my brother, and cousins. Even though i barely drink and eat healthy.

I think plenty of asians (indian and oriental) go bald, but I think far less go bald before theyre 30. especially in the orientals.

Or maybe its all how Im perceiving it. Who knows. But given the strong link between soy, equol and dht....its not so outrageous. Im not saying diet is the root of it all. Just something that can play a part in it all...

Comment

• Davey Jones
                        • Apr 2012

If the effects are seen over generations despite one member eating healthy, your anecdotes safely point to genetics, not food. Unless the implication is that food alters the genetic material in the sperm. Seems to me that at best, food can affect the taste of cum. I seriously doubt it has much of an effect on the genetic material.

No comment on how I found that it affects the taste.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Thing is with these "stats" - regarding geographical locations and differences in appearances of hair loss etc is that there can be MILLIONS of explanations as to why a certain people/tribe dont experience hair loss.

You can eat fish oil until you go blue in the face, but if your X chromosome has the genetic variant that triggers the onslaught of MPB - NOTHING but some kind of gene therapy can stop it.

Trying to stop hair loss with something like fish oil is like trying to plug a burst dam with a needle.

Bottom line is we need better treatments, there is a serious unmet medical need here that needs addressing.

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
                            so true...if only i had learnt this many many years ago, instead i learnt about the "big 3" -> if anything the big 3 is as much of a snake oil as the product being talked about in this thread!

Comment

• neversaynever
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Davey Jones
                              If the effects are seen over generations despite one member eating healthy, your anecdotes safely point to genetics, not food. Unless the implication is that food alters the genetic material in the sperm. Seems to me that at best, food can affect the taste of cum. I seriously doubt it has much of an effect on the genetic material.

No comment on how I found that it affects the taste.
                              I agree that it comes down to genetics. But is it possible that generations of the right food can hold off baldness until they are around 40 years old?

Comment

Working...