+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Plucking and Acell patients

I would like any successful plucking or Acell regeneration patients to come forward and tell their story. For the plucking patients please provide before pictures of the area where plucked hairs were implanted and after pictures showing any regrowth.

For the Acell patients that believe they have regeneration please provide a hair density count using a densitometer of the donor region preferably from a 3 party along with a count of the same area after fue were harvested. Please provide a count of the fue extracted.

For patients that have tried either protocol and feel they did not succeed please tell me how the buzz on the forums affected your decision to move forward.

*Crickets*

I had a small test into the centre of my bald crown. He placed 3 hairs into each incision. It didn't work, the hairs just took 1 to 9 months to fall out.

Dr Cooley is saying that Acell auto-plucking will only work when implanted into balding areas close to growing hair.

I'm surprised he hadn't figured that out before advertising for people to come over and have a $500 test, as he had already been doing tests for 18 months, showing pictures of growing hair. Surely a bald spot would be the first place you establish it's efficacy clearly.

STILL, HE HAD A GO.

Maxhair thanks for the reply as it’s good to hear about actual experiences. It is so easy for so many to be drawn in by the buzz that is often generated with new therapies even though there is little or no proof. It doesn’t just apply to the hair loss industry, it applies to many other areas.

I wonder how those that help generate this buzz would feel if their child had cancer but they were led to believe some very expensive therapy was the cure because of buzz being generated. How would they feel if their child died and they later learned that the buzz was mostly bullshit helping to generate revenue?

Anyone that is going to generate buzz should be 100% sure it works and preferably have the treatment themselves to prove it.

It was a complete failure.

Everyone who got into the hype last year is asking what happened well it failed there's the simple answer.

Actually I’m more interested in the question of hype generated by the industry and how it affected one's decision in moving forward with either protocol and does anyone feel that the buzz that was generated by the industy was reckless?

Were these patients given full refunds?

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Actually I’m more interested in the question of hype generated by the industry and how it affected one's decision in moving forward with either protocol and does anyone feel that the buzz that was generated by the industy was reckless?

Were these patients given full refunds?
    topcat, that's a good question and in all honesty, I think Dr Cooley was straight down the line with everyone - however I wont mention any names - but there was a particular surgeon, and that ****ing surgeon hyped up Acell way too much and I will never trust him again, the one who came on radio saying "oh in 2 weeks time I will know if stem cells from the hip will cure baldness" - low and behold he didnt even contact Spencer or the show back.

Dr Cooley was straight down the line - and if any surgeons are reading this, PLEASE WE DONT CARE IF YOU CANT CURE IT OR TREAT IT BETTER THAN FIN OR MINOX - WHAT WE HATE IS BEING LIED TO!!!

Hence why I joined TBT, big up Spencer, because 99.9% of this industry is utter horse...

UK, the "doc" you refer to is an absolute disgrace and it takes all of about 5 minutes listening to him to find out he's a shill. I will be digusted if he's allowed on the show again. He's done a lot of bad things and is generally a hack/butcher.

His ridiculous claims in 2011 included (there's audio and video out there of these):

1. Acell is helping with regrowing skin and hair when extracting a donor strip so that some of it grows back....Eh no it doesn't you fraud.

2. In 2 years with Acell and bone marrow stem cells it will be all over...Yeah sure it will.

3. PRP and acell is creating new hairs around the transplanted hairs when doing a traditional strip. We're creating completely new hairs.....GTFO you scam artist.

4. My PRP is reversing miniturisation so much that you can see it in these before and afters. (Different hair length, hairstyle and lighting).....What a scumbag.

5. I'm having success with my auto-cloning.....To obtain the same results you can forgo the visit to the surgery and send him on the cash so that he'll send the hair fairy to you in your sleep to perform the autocloning/autoplucking.

As for Dr. Cooley, I think he was genuinely trying to make a breakthrough so I'll let him off the hook but the trial price is questionable. This other guy though, well he is some piece of work.

Dr Cooley is an excellent surgeon and he was genuinly trying to come up with something new - okay it didnt work, but he was straight up with that, he even stated he has never seen a single hair grown yet from using Acell.

I have to hand it to Dr Cole lol - he was right all along about Acell.

Nevertheless, Cooley said he could grow hair with Acell autocloning, showed pictures which appeared to back this up, then withdrew his statement a year later.

What we should take from this, is that pictures mean little - they can easily be faked.

Histogen and Gho need to do more than show us crumby photos - they need to show us videos of before and after under the same lighting conditions with a comb going through the hair etc.