Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

@Kiwi and anyone else interested, here is an example of how the scar can be reduced by derma rolling http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear the guys name is LM and I believe he has had some tattooing done but it has faded a bit after derma rolling, you can see in just the difference between the 3rd and 4th treatments, imagine if he had hair in there. Also I feel his scar if it was not quite as long would look exactly like bumps that many have on their head there especially if hair was in it and you can see it was completely covered at a 1 guard, although I don't know how much his skin tone or gray hair affects the look, yet I personally believe dark hair in a scar with light skin can produce equally significant results since you can see through dark hair easier and white spots are visible throughout a dark headed person more so than a light haired Caucasians, if that makes since to ya. So even though dark hair is worse for concealing it I think it may be better or equally as good fixing it maybe better, but that is just my opinion. However I fill it is harder for darker skinned guys to fix it and I usually disregard those types of repair cases as I am not darker skinned myself so it would not benefit me. I think LM got some excellent results here though at a very minimal cost and no risk (unless like me you have a raised scar which is why I am waiting for my scar to go down before I do rolling which may be 2 years from know after FUE, fraxel, and maybe SMP(but not likely as I stated beforehand)). All you have to do to hear LM tell it is keep the roller clean and do it once a week, don't sound to bad right? Anyway I wanted to post this for everyone to show the many ways to fix these scars as it seems it is hard to find any results from derma rolling. How wide is your scar KIWI? Also whatever you do is what you do I don't give a hooting hell, just though I'd post these posts for you and the many others that are trying to fix their scar as I was in that boat a while back before I found out what to do and where to do it.

Also Kiwi I never said a IWANTMYHEADSHAVEDBACK or any other was "shaven" but he an others have camouflaged it at a zero to where you wouldn't tell that it was an HT scar or in some cases you couldn't tell anything like this guy http://www.*********************.com...=2968&DrID=437. I also would like to point out that this guy probably has not done fraxel, derma rolling, or anything but one session of FUE and he got a result that is great and is totally disguised at a grade one and nearly invisible at a grade 0, personally I would never shave with a razor anyway dude...too much work and only a few can pull it off like Steve Austin lol.

Wish I could have all my beard on my head, I don't like shaving anyway!

StevieR,

@ Jotonic, well here is an example of a small scar I think it may be 1mm maybe 2 hard to tell with beard hair http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear this is IWANTMYHEADSHAVEDBACKs scar fix, the beginning anyway. In the end it was perfect and on the Hairloss Help website under repairs if you search you can find his success some more with more pics and it is flawless, beard hair does not stick out because the surface of scarred skin is so small, which was my point. Also both me and IWANT have scars with hair growing through it, although mine will have more growth in the scar with time as only half has hair growing through it yet during that half it is 0.3-0.7mm wide, pretty much undetectible for me and it should still get smaller I am told by everyone(dermatologist, HT docs, and Fraxel people from 3 clinics all agree on this) so hopefully the rest of the scar will look like this. Which brings me to my next point that head hair will naturally blend with beard hair better than just beard hair in a scar that was done by the old strip and not trico. I am also hoping (and have been told) that the scar can shrink even more with fraxel, about 30 percent more in best case scenarios, it mostly just fades scars and helps the coloring which is key at a zero guard. No where is my scar greater that 1.2 mm at the most so I am grateful for that at least and it should get fixed up fairly well in my opinion.
    I would not call it flawless but like I said, I wish you well in this. Good luck.

However, if you have no experience with a dude with a 1mm scar and beard hair why would you say you have seen thousands of cases if you have not seen a case like mine?
    I said it because it's true. I have never met a patient of our clinic or any other clinic that has come into our office with beard hair into their 1mm donor scar. This is most likely because most people would see no need for such actions. I have seen scars with beard hair, just not those at 1mm which was your question to begin with. I fail to see why this is a difficult concept to grasp unless you think this is a very common procedure, of which I can tell you, it is not.

Also, when you said you have no dog in this fight, well there isn't a fight other than Spex is taking me for a walk down BSer's ally and he figured I wouldn't catch on, as for SMP looks good, but is it healthy? I bet you think it is, and chances are it is but I will wait, if I do it, I hope it works though for the fellas that have been coned into an HT.
    "I don't have a dog in this fight" is an expression. It means that I am unaffected personally, financially and professionally. I think, but do not know for certain, that SMP is safe but I am learning more as I get time to continue my research just like everyone else at this point.

well when you said that those were opinions you lost me dude.
    I was joking with Topcat. It is a basic lesson learned in elementary school, the literal difference between fact and opinion. If you are not aware of the differences then you obviously would not understand.

Many have experienced large scarring with ACELL I see them all over the web dude
    I'm well aware of what Acell is and what it does and does not do. I was the first person in this industry to actually talk to Acell about it's potential and I never EVER thought that it would do a fraction of what other clinics claimed it would. Wide scarring from Acell? I've seen it and I've spoken to patients that have had this problem after promises were given but not delivered like most of the BS that is spread via the internet. While being "all over the web" is subjective I agree that there is bad scarring from Acell but I can't say it is "many". This is an opinion of yours, not a fact.

beard hair has helped many, again all over the web
    I never said it hasn't but how many cases constitutes "all over the web"? Seems to be rather loose language.

it is a fact that many are harmed...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? These that I named are indisputable facts though not documented
    No documented? Huh? I do what I do because I was "harmed" twenty years ago. I was 22 years old with two half centimeter donor scars stacked on top of each other. I had pluggy mini-micro grafts sticking out of my hairline (they WERE my hairline) at various crazy angles and directions and no other hair on top by the time I was 31. Like I said earlier, I was joking with Topcat.

if I was gonna go to HASSON AND WONG I just changed my mind.
    We both know that you would never come to us to begin with. We don't perform FUE nor do we perform beard hair transplants so this is an empty comment.

If you say you have "no dog in this fight" why support SPEX and any new thing in the industry at every corner against me and topcat?
    Support? No. I did not care for how you were badgering Spex on this #1 guard shave issue so I spoke up. You seem to want to berate Spex and call into question his integrity because he did not shave his head. I find this to be needless bullying and rather silly. I do not know Spex personally. I have only recently spoken to him on the phone once and I have had maybe five emails with him over the past ten years. I am going to meet him for the first time however in LA later this month.

What "new things" am I supporting at every corner against you and Topcat??? Aside from my vague support of temporary SMP name ONE new technology that I've supported in arguments against you or Topcat. What connection do you and Topcat have? Am I missing something here?

Why act as if this industry helps more than it hurts when there are thousands on the web hoping to reverse themselves because doctors have manipulated them?
    Care to qualify that? How do you know that there are more that are hurt from hair restoration than are helped? Are you talking over the past fifty years or are you talking about 2011 alone? Somewhere in between? And what qualifies as "hurt"? A big scar? A graft that is not angled the same as 4417 other grafts? That is a very ambiguous statement. In 2011 the total number of people that are estimated to have had surgical hair restoration was 279,381. By your statement this would mean that at least 139,691 patients were "hurt". Again, what does this mean and how do you KNOW that more have been hurt than helped? And to clarify, I don't act as if this industry has helped more than it has hurt. I act as myself, someone that wants to help others and create change for the better where I can.

And why question facts such as ACELL has contributed to scarring? This type of distortion on what is going on in this industry really stinks dude and you should take a reality shower peeeeeuuuuuu
    Again, I was joking with Topcat but let me ask you. You have a habit of saying that something you are pointing out is "all over the web". With regards to bad scarring from Acell, would you mind explaining what "all over the web means"? Does this represent 2 cases? 7 cases? 5200 cases? While I don't have links saved or images archived I can only recall two cases of scarring that is significantly worse after Acell treatment than before. I'm not doubting but I'm question what you mean when you make bold statements like "all over the web". I'm not a fan of Acell as I mentioned above so it is apparent that you misunderstood my joke and decided to run on a tangent. Sorry for the confusion.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

@Jotonic, first off this was his first pass, as anyone knows it takes multiple to be flawless. Also by saying not documented I was saying that this industry does not care to tell their customers the risks of large scars or the amount f people with large scars. I meant by saying "if I was going to Hasson and Wong I just changed my mind" if I was a dude looking at your clinic your twisting of obvious facts presented by topcat is BS and therefore I would not trust Hasson and Wong cause you are associated with them. I know what "no dog in this fight" means lol I said it the post before, but still I am skeptical of anyone that works for this industry with no alterior motives. Also I wasn't badgering Spex, he said he would cut his hair short then changed his mind, I made it known I felt that was fishy since if the tat was so great why nnot flaunt it at a low grade? Many are hurt by the industry, don't know how many, lots I am sure. You were joking with topcat? Well you fooled me, but if you did joke why defend your joke? It is a fact that many have been helped by beard hair, many have been harmed by ACELL, how many? IDK, but the scars I have seen are grousome and I would never do it, but you acted like it never happens and your double talk on this issue is pathetic, we all know what topcat said rings of truth. Also I never said more are hurt than helped, but IDK, it seems to me quite a few are hurt, then they have to pay for it again to get fixed and I think you and anyone else understood my meaning. All over the web means on the internet dude, sorry I don't watch people hacking themselves up all day for profit, if I would though I would have never went through with my mistake of an HT. I don't think that "all over the web" is a bold statement...lol. However, I do know that dudes get kicke doff sites for speaking out against strip or HT all together, I do know that ACELL causes worse scars in some cases, and I do know that beard hair has fixed many guys scar cases. I don't think "many" matters to me or any other rational guy who wished to undergo this type of procedure as I would not do ACELL with the results I have seen on strip scars. Also, everyone that has used beard on their scar has been happy that I have talked to or seen on the INTERNET, can I be specific no, why? Because I have a life and I don't document every case but I have presented a case in which the individual was pleased and it is obvious if you hang on these forums long enough you see what is going on in this industry, and it ain't pretty. However, Spex could not show me one case of a scar getting 10 percent yield or less, and you cannot prove that topcat is wrong in his assessment of facts. Basically I am here so that see posts from people like you and Spex (Industry parrots) can see an alternative opinion, a guy who genuinely wants to help, with no string attached. I have no ties to a certain clinic, I have opinions based on what I have seen in repair cases, that is all I am interested in because that is the only reason I think anyone should get an HT, to fix themselves from prior HT's. Parrots like you trick guys into an HT or act as if the industry does no wrong, I thought you were genuine until you posted that response to topcat, and I know you are gonna say "I was joking" but I don't believe you nor do I have any more need of you or Spex's opinion as you are just parrots to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
    @Jotonic, first off this was his first pass, as anyone knows it takes multiple to be flawless. Also by saying not documented I was saying that this industry does not care to tell their customers the risks of large scars or the amount f people with large scars. I meant by saying "if I was going to Hasson and Wong I just changed my mind" if I was a dude looking at your clinic your twisting of obvious facts presented by topcat is BS and therefore I would not trust Hasson and Wong cause you are associated with them. I know what "no dog in this fight" means lol I said it the post before, but still I am skeptical of anyone that works for this industry with no alterior motives. Also I wasn't badgering Spex, he said he would cut his hair short then changed his mind, I made it known I felt that was fishy since if the tat was so great why nnot flaunt it at a low grade? Many are hurt by the industry, don't know how many, lots I am sure. You were joking with topcat? Well you fooled me, but if you did joke why defend your joke? It is a fact that many have been helped by beard hair, many have been harmed by ACELL, how many? IDK, but the scars I have seen are grousome and I would never do it, but you acted like it never happens and your double talk on this issue is pathetic, we all know what topcat said rings of truth. Also I never said more are hurt than helped, but IDK, it seems to me quite a few are hurt, then they have to pay for it again to get fixed and I think you and anyone else understood my meaning. All over the web means on the internet dude, sorry I don't watch people hacking themselves up all day for profit, if I would though I would have never went through with my mistake of an HT. I don't think that "all over the web" is a bold statement...lol. However, I do know that dudes get kicke doff sites for speaking out against strip or HT all together, I do know that ACELL causes worse scars in some cases, and I do know that beard hair has fixed many guys scar cases. I don't think "many" matters to me or any other rational guy who wished to undergo this type of procedure as I would not do ACELL with the results I have seen on strip scars. Also, everyone that has used beard on their scar has been happy that I have talked to or seen on the INTERNET, can I be specific no, why? Because I have a life and I don't document every case but I have presented a case in which the individual was pleased and it is obvious if you hang on these forums long enough you see what is going on in this industry, and it ain't pretty. However, Spex could not show me one case of a scar getting 10 percent yield or less, and you cannot prove that topcat is wrong in his assessment of facts. Basically I am here so that see posts from people like you and Spex (Industry parrots) can see an alternative opinion, a guy who genuinely wants to help, with no string attached. I have no ties to a certain clinic, I have opinions based on what I have seen in repair cases, that is all I am interested in because that is the only reason I think anyone should get an HT, to fix themselves from prior HT's. Parrots like you trick guys into an HT or act as if the industry does no wrong, I thought you were genuine until you posted that response to topcat, and I know you are gonna say "I was joking" but I don't believe you nor do I have any more need of you or Spex's opinion as you are just parrots to me.
    Man Steve R, you act like such an aggressive ass. What’s with all the hostility? Why cant you just conduct yourself in a civilized manner? You can still get your points across without being such an asshole. Believe me Joe and Spex know far more than anyone one online about any of this stuff, and I would take their word over Topcat’s or a newbie like you anyway. Topcat made all the wrong moves so he unfortunately got screwed so I can understand why he’s so bitter, but you need to chill with the bullshit bro! Yes some people had bad results with Acell, just like many people had bad results with beard hair and body hair transplants. I would, however venture to say that far more people have been harmed by experimental beard and body hair transplants than with Acell. So why don't you pull up your shirt, take a seat and chill.

SteveiR understand something. When you are perceived as a threat to someone’s revenue stream you become an asshole in their eyes. Every bad decision I have made in the past was with information given to me by those that worked in the industry so unfortunately I have had to learn the hard way. These guys are in it for the money just search the history on some of the forums and read their responses to patients who have complained about their result.

Don’t worry the iron and titanium oxides will not build up in your lymph nodes you will piss it out and you will in fact not get cancer their experts have told you so. After all they just found out they could make a few dollars from this procedure so they did all the necessary research for you.

Delphi is a stooge nothing more and it used to deter you from posting. Welcome to the wonderful world of hair transplantation.

If you do find yourself with cancer in a few years just sue the reps and Delphi.

And for those that don't know any better I am hardly bitter. Working on several personal projects, have a wonderful wife the best a man could ever hope for, and life is good. But I'm not simply going to walk away while all this crap continues to go on. These guys got big balls on the forums but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    SteveiR understand something. When you are perceived as a threat to someone’s revenue stream you become an asshole in their eyes. Every bad decision I have made in the past was with information given to me by those that worked in the industry so unfortunately I have had to learn the hard way. These guys are in it for the money just search the history on some of the forums and read their responses to patients who have complained about their result.

Don’t worry the iron and titanium oxides will not build up in your lymph nodes you will piss it out and you will in fact not get cancer their experts have told you so. After all they just found out they could make a few dollars from this procedure so they did all the necessary research for you.

Delphi is a stooge nothing more and it used to deter you from posting. Welcome to the wonderful world of hair transplantation.

If you do find yourself with cancer in a few years just sue the reps and Delphi.

And for those that don't know any better I am hardly bitter. Working on several personal projects, have a wonderful wife the best a man could ever hope for, and life is good. But I'm not simply going to walk away while all this crap continues to go on. These guys got big balls on the forums but that's about it.
    Yawn...Stop being an asshole Topcat

@Delphi, I see no where where I act like an "aggressive ass", maybe I am an asshole when I hurt the profits of those looking to profit on others insecurities which I feel in uncivilized. Also, I don't know what you mean by "newbie" or "pull up my shirt" but if it has something to do with my manhood your mistaken as I am a veteran of multiple foreign wars as an Infantry paratrooper who knows a little about the world and your obviously a little naive, biased d to your own profits, or your just a little kid. My scar isn't bad at all in fact I can wear my hair at a 1 1/2 guard and it will be completely covered, even when wet. Yet I realize the mistake I made when I was young and was naive enough to be conned into something like this. I don't know your story and don't care, I talked to Spex on the phone and got the feeling he was dishonest to a degree as far as hairs being placed into scars but that SMP may be good one day, yet I will wait. Also, show me where beard hair into a scar has damaged someone, cause I haven't seen it. I know that ACELL has harmed some and that is too many for me to campaign that. Your argument has no logic, or reason and is more a personal attack on me an topcat than the actual issues which is why I was attacking both Jotonic and Spex and exposing them for the world to see. Also, "made the wrong decision", there is no decision to make besides maybe taking propecia or something like that because nothing is wrong with being bald, but that's okay you can think what you want and say or post what you want what is important is that the people decide and that read this forum see the different opinions out there.

This is how to fix a scar the right way http://www.*************/hair-loss/bo...y-id-3872.html, one more pass and then guy should be set If his right side was a bit smaller I would say he is set right now, but then again that is only 10 months...Fraxel should also help this dude out also. The problem with seeing results from guys is that they do a session of FUE into the scar, it is good, they get one more and never show back up at the clinic to have those pics posted back on the internet, but it is fairly obvious that guys with successful first passes like this will have their problems resolved after another pass and perhaps fraxel if a 0 guard is necessary.