Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Some patients experienced massive scarring and zero growth from plucking and Acell FACT

Plucking and Acell was promoted fast and hard including on TBT radio program FACT

Beard hair has helped some of these patients FACT

This is a very dirty business because not because of the money but because many are being harmed FACT

The above points are only scratching the surface FACT

@Sparky, there is no rush for me to find out about SMP brotha I just thought the whole "10 percent growth" comment Spex hit me up with was a bit bogus to say the least as I have seen no with such a complaint. I agree that Spex's tat looks good and he did a great job showing us, and I am impressed all I was saying was that he said this "When the time is right i will take it down to grade 1 and will upload pics and video." and then reneged on it, it will definitely benefit others if he shows us at a 1 like he said he would, but it is up to him I am just reminding him and others that he said he would so I am skeptical to why he says he won't now. Also I question it's safety, but I may be completely wrong fro questioning this, I agree but better safe than sorry, that is my motto in this industry.

My scar is very scar only 1mm at it's widest now after some cortisone shots and heal time. I will go with Bisanga or Feriduni most likely but a couple others have popped in my mind yet I will probably dismiss them. My beard hair is close to my head hair and I will use around 150 beard an 50 body hairs from my chest, then I will evaluate as they start growing. If I think that beard stands out too much then I will wait until they perfect the ACELL thing and do the rest with head hair later down the rode. However, I have seen many with excellent results with beard hair and don't think I have much to worry about and will proceed with another round, maybe two more rounds of beard hair. Also if beard hair is too thick I may find that body hair is perfect, either way the first grafting will be fairly low and I can adjust as I see fit if this makes sense. The reason I don't want head hair is with some patients you can see white dotting, for example I have seen a couple guys that can go down to a 1 grade but a zero the dots are more noticeable than the scar. I have seen a few guys however that have been very successful with beard hair into their scars and say they see no difference and I have seen a couple that have no sign of white dotting. I think beard stands out more if you have a fairly large scar, I don't think it is noticeable with a scar so thin and don't think anyone would notice at a 1 or 2 grade as natural head hair falls over it, which may be the grade I would have to wear it if I had white dots which then would not make sense if I even do it as I can wear my hair at a 1 1/2 guard without seeing the scar now even before I have had anything done. However, it seems in most case fraxel is the key at getting the scar unnoticeable at a 0 guard, yet I will do 4 fraxel sessions at a month apart before hand to try and reduce the scar further so my results will even be better. I will start my sessions in December and my FUE sometime in march/april/may timeframe, and in 2 years I will get more fraxel, 2.5 years the derma roller, and continue rolling until I am satisfied if I wasn't after theses steps.

So hows your recipient then?

Oh sorry, ya I have lasered hair away about 1 month back and have been hitting it up with vitamin a and it has reduced the little bumps to near nothing and I will fraxel in 1 1/2 week to make sure. Yet it was never noticeable to anyone else just me, how's yours?

Not bad, would of liked better directions and density, but who wouldnt. Ive had some surgically removed.
    Do you have any transplanted hair left at the front? Are you aiming for a complete reversal?

@ Jotonic that makes since, I have a long wait anyway but I am not sure if I'm sold...What do you mean a blue streak? SMP leaves blue streaks...? Anyway thanks for the response bro and ya I think the FUE will get me set, but others can be helped by me asking questions and who knows maybe I may benefit from some SMP in the end
    Truly temporary SMP is not tattoo. Permanent SMP can leave blue streaks, marks, dots, splotches, etc. as can regular tattoo.

I don't see why it is necessary to prod Spex on the #1 guard issue. Reminding him that at one point he said he'd shave is irrelevant and unnecessary. It is his head and he does have a life outside of the hair forums. Not everyone is comfortable shaving their head that short when dealing with every day life. Speaking from my own point of view, I could shave to a #1 guard or even a 0 guard and not really give a flip even with my donor scar being visible (I've done it before, documented) but I do have a responsibility to others that demand I have a certain consistency regarding my appearance. My wife for instance would not like it if I showed up to one of her concerts with my head shaved.

Regarding body hair, let us break down what is really being discussed. I consider body hair to include any and all hair below the chin. Beard hair is beard hair but I do not classify that as body hair for two reasons. First, it's still on the head. Second, it is usually a far different hair than a chest, leg or back hair, more coarse and robust. I consider it the third piece of the hair transplant trifecta where the other two pieces are obviously head hair and body hair.

I agree with Spex that body hair offers the potential for lowest yield assuming all other factors are equal (same patient, same doctor, etc). As low as 10%? Sure, maybe but in reality that can be the case for the best FUE or the best strip. Years ago body hair was a big deal and many forum members were rushing to use it as "filler". Now, the rush is not so great because of the great unpredictability of it's viability as the doctors themselves are now pulling back from recommending it quite so often. Instead you have beard hair being more prevalent when scalp hair is not an option or is in need of an adjunct. I've noticed this trend over the past couple of years and I've seen many BHT cases walk through our doors to convince me that BHT is not as successful, procedure for procedure, as scalp hair or even beard hair. The grafts are finer thus more delicate. The bundles are in thicker tissue that is more pliable as pressure is applied which distorts the angles of the shafts thus creating a stronger chance of transection. The tissue itself seems to be more delicate, almost brittle sometimes, compared to beard and scalp tissue as well. Overall, body hair just presents more challenges to get a good graft.

StevieR,

Just a thought but you appear to me to be extremely detail oriented so I find it a bit confusing that you would opt to use beard hair in a scar that is mostly less than 1mm in width when you could use scalp hair. 200 extractions spaced properly throughout your donor zone would leave zero evidence of surgery and I think the likelihood of visible scarring would be next to nothing. Compared to the chance that the beard hair will most likely stand out more I personally think scalp hair is better option. Not to mention, should you decide to grow your hair longer the scalp hair would have little chance of causing a visible difference to the surrounding landscape of your donor region. Beard hair might grow different, even curly or at least wavy. Even if your scalp hair is wavy it may not follow the same pattern. Just saying, and yes these are small details, but details I think you might be aware of if they ever do manifest.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Ya I am doing a reversal, I am not sure if the hairs are all removed..I think so it is hard to tell maybe a few remaining though. How much did it cost to surgically remove them? I thought that that was very expensive...Are you going to do more HTs in the future? But I was really impressed with your scar grafting though man let me know when yo cut down short after the redness goes away and all.

No redness evident now. Think it was 5.5 euros per grafts to remove and replant them in the scar, I think the $85 on the other Drs website was for the black and decker style plugs of old.
    May do more fue into the scar, but dont know what this scar looks like with hair short atm, not cutting short for a while, so will have to wait until later for that.

@ Sparky, did you get white dots when the hairs were removed? I here ya on cuting short, are you gonna look into fraxel?

@Jotonic, I will not do scalp hair cause I don't want whit dots as I have seen some dudes with dots to wear they could not wear their hair at a lower grade anyway. I mean I can already wear my hair at a 1 1/2 grade without a scar showing so that is why. I don't think I will have a problem with the beard hair though as others have not with small scars, I mean some hairs are just thicker than others. Concerning the long hair thing I thought about this and if they are so different I will just cut the different hairs short and the head hairs will cover it up, if you understand me. I agree that there are no guarantees but I have not seen anyone with as low 10 percent yield into their scar and I would have because believe you me I have searched everywhere and nada. Also I said I may consider hair fue if i think beard sticks out too much but again I doubt that will happen. I was inquiring when he would take it down to a 1 because he had said he would, just look at what he said on August 8th but whatever I don't care I just think it is suspicious, perhaps he did and thought it would kill his new business venture, IDK but I don't really care I think it can work to hide a small scar but perhaps not with Milena as I have not seen one pic on her site that has covered a scar at a 1 or 0 grade... I just think Spex wants to turn people away from FUE into scars a bit and gets annoyed at me for posting these posts that encourage others to FUE their scars and move on. I don't blame him for promoting SMP to make money or to get others to do it (if it is safe) but I don't think it is right to try and discourage a proven method to camouflage a scar especially when many are watching that are unaware which way to go, that was my beef he can hut his locks however he wants. I did not know you did SMP in your scar can you show it to us? Did you do FUE also into the scar?

Yep I got some white dots, but no where near as many as the amount of FUE that has been taken.

I hear what Joe is saying though, your scar won't take much FUE to fill in so don't dismiss scalp FUE, if you do beard FUE then you are allowing the mistake you made to spread to your face aswell, at the moment it is localized to your scalp.

Not trying to influence you either way