Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    If somebody wants to get a tattoo on their head it’s safe and it gives them a better quality of life then that is a good thing. As long as everyone involved stands 100% behind both the quality and most importantly the safety. I think we can all agree that this industry has a long history of leaving patients to fend for themselves when things do not turn out as expected. A good example would be all the patients that had a plucking procedure because that was the last best thing. Those patients now have to travel that repair road alone as the cheerleaders are not there for them.

So all I’m saying is slow down this is being promoted full blast and I’m not sure why. Desperation will cause many to be caught up in the hype. It would be prudent to just sit back and watch.
    Like I said, this is not tattoo. It is about as much a tattoo as FUE is punch grafting.

@Jotonic, thanks for the posts man, have you seen anyone fill in a scar with Milena and keep it at a 0 or 1 guard? My plan is to hit up 2 or 3 FUE sessions to fill in my scar which is very small and go on with my life never worrying about my hair or anything and I may never take my hair down to a 1 or 0 but I may, the whole point for me is to kinda get it out of my head completely which I may be able to do with just FUE as I have seen before. However, I have seen a couple cases of the scar being invisible with a combined approach, I bet one day very soon Milena and other SMP experts will have a permanent ink that is much better than what is out there today. But have you seen any? Do you know of any Italian forums where this is being talked about? Any thing else to say to dudes with scars? Thanks again Jo.
    SteverR,

I don't recall seeing any 0 or #1 guard results on patient that had donor scars. I did see some from other clinics and they didn't look so hot. One guy's scar was a blue streak. Not pretty. I think your plan of concealing your scar surgically first is ideal because if you did SMP first you may damage the result with multiple hundreds of incisions into it. Let it heal first, turn white again after your final FUE, then have a test SMP session to see how it takes. Scar tissue is not the same for everyone and some scar tissue takes to SMP better than others.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

@ Jotonic that makes since, I have a long wait anyway but I am not sure if I'm sold...What do you mean a blue streak? SMP leaves blue streaks...? Anyway thanks for the response bro and ya I think the FUE will get me set, but others can be helped by me asking questions and who knows maybe I may benefit from some SMP in the end

@ Sparky, that sounds great that you can't find it man, I am happy for ya. However, have you done fraxel? Or researched it? I would do a session or 2 or 4 or more as I have heard of guys knocking out stitch marks completely....However, I have been warned that fractional co2 laser may go so deep to hurt the hair possible removing it. I have been told by multiple fraxel ladies that fraxel can take the scar down 30% in width....Also there is a guy called LM on the Hairloss Help forum website that has made is scar near invisible with no FUE,Fraxel, tatto, SMP but just the derma roller...In about 3 years I will derma roll the shit out of my scar and make even less noticeable (after multiple FUEs and fraxel treatments of course).

@Spex, I hear what you are saying that BHT has lower growth in a scar, however when you told me on the phone that I may only get 10 percent growth, well I have never heard of that, especially on small scars as the blood flows in from around the scar (which is another benefit of the small scar). I expect I will have around 70 to 80 percent beard growth (yet I have heard many time of higher percentages and since my scar is small I may indeed be one) I will do a small portion of body hair and expect 50 percent growth. I have never heard of anyone saying 10 percent growth was what to expect, perhaps if your next door neighbor did the surgery we would expect that low of yield. I can respect the fact that SMP can be another tool in other guys arsenal but let's not be hasty and write FUE off. Can you post a link where someone got this low of yield and who the doc was as I am sure that would play a huge role in it. I have to say I have never seen it and I think I have seen every single FUE into scar case with pics on the internet. Also, when do you plan on cutting down to a grade 1 again, no rush or anything but I was just wondering as might it be better if they hit it up again at a 1 grade as it may blend better if you kno what I mean?

Thanks fellas.

I would consider fraxel, but not at the expense of losing hair.

There is another thing, I made this big mistake getting an HT and very much regret it, but I don't want to make it a life long ambition trying to fix it, I'd go mad and my wife would probably leave me.
    Wouldn't say that I would never fue the scar again though, might do that late next year, will cut down short at some point to see what it looks like now.

No fraxel wont affect hair from what I have heard and seen, fractional co2 would possibly though. Look into dude do a consultation, there is virtually no down time from it and my first 4 sessions will be like 100 dollars a piece, also the derma roller is cheap and easy from what I have read and heard from other more experaicned dudes on these forums. I hear ya on the life long thing, but I want it out of my mind completely even though I have had good luck in the middle of the bad... wouldn't hurt to check out the fraxel as it only stays red for a couple days supposedly.

Gosh well certainly appears my topic has turned into a car crash. I will leave you guys to hack it out from here. FYI i ran the safety questions past Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and both agree that this procedure is very safe indeed, non issue as far as they are concerned.

Steve, Joe's comment he was referring to another company, not Milena Lardi's technique.

I did indeed mention on the phone to you that FUE or BHT ( which i recommend you do first )can and does produce lower yield due to the nature of the process and also grafting into scars regardless of size can produce lower yield as it all depends how vascular the scar is. It can produce low yield of 10% if not less. FACT. Regardless of Dr performing the session. I didnt say thats what you can expect. I said be aware that yield can be low, FACT.

If you expect you will get 80% then great i hope your expectations become reality. As i mentioned on the phone and emphasised it, i would suggest keeping expectations in check - any veteran will confirm FUE/ BHT into scars is unpredictable hence a test session is the way forward and a good timeline to gauge the success would be minimum of 18 months - and if any Dr gives you a "guarantee" on a % yield prior to a session - i recommend you get that in writing so you have some come back if/when required ;-)

If you think ALL the grafting into scar results are online and all successful, you are sorely mistaken. There are countless that will never make it online for one reason or another but i can assure you if they were all successful they would be online ;-)

I haven't written FUE off at all. I did it into my scar and it was successful. I recommend you firstly did a test FUE into your scar given the tiny size of it. SMP is a last resort and you need to wait on that as mentioned and see others document their cases.

I do not plan to shave down on a grade 1. I have no need and on top of that a hectic schedule and as of right now i can wear a grade 2 wet in the sun with real confidence as show via video and pics and it blends in lovely.

Best of luck and i will try check in see how you are getting on. Keep your expectations in check is the best advice i can offer you.

Best Regards,

Spencer (Spex)
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

@Spex, I would like you to give me just one link, just one where the yield was as low as 10 percent, then I would ask if scar grafting was done by a doc that has done hundreds of scar grafting procedures, then I would ask how big the scar is as it seems smaller scars get better yield. The very few beard or body hair scar grafting I have seen has not all been posted by docs or clinics but by individuals so I expect the same would be true if the work was not satisfactory. Also the docs I have talked to seem to be the best by a wide concenses amongst many posters who have no private interests in the industry (like you know have with Milena's clinic) and you know I have no alternative interests other than getting my scar fixed and having everyone who wants the same to see the best option available. If it is a FACT how often would someone get 10 percent yield? I mean I think we can all agree that 10 percent yield would happen very very rarely, if not why haven't a bunch of people come on the forums showing there concerning and going off on rants how there FUE scar grafting has failed miserably (as they have done with tattoo turning blue for instance)? Also if every doctor in this industry says this procedure was safe I would still wait and as far as the going down to a one grade you posted earlier "When the time is right i will take it down to grade 1 and will upload pics and video." Why now the sudden change? But honestly I have plenty of time to see but for others who have done FUE into their scars and want a compliment they would love to see it...so why the sudden change of heart? I'm sorry if this post was too blunt but you have not posted any examples of fellas getting bad yields and I have never seen it so I would just have to assume that you are throwing out that FUE is inconsistent because you want everyone to get your SMP into their scars, I could be wrong but that is exactly how it seems.

Lol, Yep steve thats it - you got me, im that transparent and sleazy lol - I just need people to get SMP so bad that i will stop at nothing - lol !!!! - i just now want everyone to get SMP into scars and all of a sudden downplay FUE into scars... despite my well documented success with FUE into my own scar. - And despite the fact i have mentioned numerous times along with many others including doctors over the years that FUE into scars can and does produce lower yield. . .

I didnt mean to put the fear in you simply help educate you. Im not going to search out poor yield results into scars. I have nothing to prove to you, its a fact brother. You need do your own research which you are doing! If you feel my comments are BS, then hey lets simply agree to disagree and i hope you get the 80% + you expect. Its definitely the best way for YOU to go initially anyway.( Especially a test ) Speak to a good guy call EJ on the board. He is a true vet and level headed guy. He will be a good guy to speak to for you!

Everyones scar is different so all im doing or trying to is get you informed but understandable you want to question me as i work in the industry right and bound to be on the sell - thats my job right!!! Ask some of your buddies who you are communicating with privately over yield into scars. Its no big secret. Its a fact mate that yield into scars is unpredictable. Hey maybe after 10 years in the industry i misunderstood it all along and FUE yield is 80%+ is the norm - if so my bad!

The fact of the matter is you can not predict yield and you will only know after 18 months the success - So my advice - do a test.

I have no need to buzz on a 1mm right now as i have nothing to prove. I will when the time is right however to satisfy the minority of people and i have time to recover from it, but right now ive no intension to do it. I have documented my SMP pretty well, better than most. My scar looks great and a world apart from where it was and was inspected under high magnification by Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey both thought it looked great.

I only wish you the best but get informed and dont rush in. I suggest you continue to do your due diligence and take your time.

Speak to EJ. Good guy!!

Feel free to call me again anytime if you need/want clarification 011 44 7740 364731

Spencer (Spex)
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Well if Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey say it is good then I'm sold...lol. Look if you can't give me an example then I will say that 10 percent yield into a scar is BS...I never said I think everyone gets 80 percent...but if I do 150 grafts and get 50 percent it will be a win as that many grafts don't cost much. 18 months to get the full effect I can agree on but to see improvement can be much earlier as anyone knows. I was never asking for your opinion on FUE anyway Spex and you must think we are naive to think you don't want to sell SMP, really? And look I hope you make money if it is legit which it looks like it is, and of course you will look even more legit if you say that FUE will suit me but your underlying tone of "10 percent yield" in my opinion, is BS and I am calling you out. You can lol all you want, FACT. Again if you cannot point to a "10 percent yield" then I will say it is BS as I have not found any nor have I seen anyone who has said they had have low yield in a small scar and the many docs I have talked to have said smaller scars result in better yields. As for a test session....what would be the point of throwing in a few hairs as of course the yield would be better with them as they don't have to fight for blood at all??? You don't have to answer though Spex as my mind is already made up and I was never asking for your opinion. All I ever asked you was about the SMP that YOU are promoting. Also if you want to back out of cutting your hair short to a 1 grade (which is not 1mm that would be a 0 grade) I don't care, fine, but you were the one that said you would and why wouldn't you have done it on your vacation if you were worried how folks would see you? Would that not have been the perfect time? But sure it is none of my business, it isn't like you are promoting anything, right? Also you putting words in my mouth in nearly ever post is ridiculous, and your defensive manor in which you respond with showing no evidence is equally ridiculous. I have shown posts of where it has made scars virtually invisible and again I have no dog in this fight I hope this SMP works, is safe ans so on and I think if people go to someone like Feridduni, Bisanga, Cole and a few others they can expect a good yield in a scar, especially if it is a smaller scar...but I am sure you will twist that around. Also I have talked to you already and you have not gave me any food for thought or any information that I have not had before and felt you just wanted me to stop questioning you here on the forums which is not a good sign in my opinion. So I have no reason to talk to you on the phone, I think your just frustrated and paranoid because you think or thought I was a "competitor" which of course I am not, and you think or thought I am trying to damage your little business which I am not. But people deserve the truth and another side on these forums, other than what the sells man wants them to think.

Stevie, whats the rush with finding out about SMP? You got plenty of time mate.
    I assume you are going to go the BHT/FUE route first anyway, so wait the 18-24 months for that to grow in and by then, according to the timeframes we are told, the SMP should of vanished, and we will be able to see that on people who are having it now.
    Spex did go pretty short in the 'holiday video' and TBH I couldn't see the scar at that length. Isn't there any piccys of other people on the internet that have had SMP and keep their heads shaved? (I haven't looked myself)

I read that ej is still getting BHT hairs breaking the surface now, and think he is near or past the 18 month mark now?

Who are you thinking of going to for FUE into the scar?

What's your recipient like?