This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

Very impressive Spex. You must be thrilled!

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Thanks troops!

Hi guys,

A montage of my session with Milena Lardi at Beauty Medical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CnN...=youtube_gdata

Regards
      Spex
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• mattj
        Doctor Representative
        • Oct 2009

Looks good at grade 2! Although I'm not sure how you would've looked without the SMP.
        I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• tbtadmin
          Administrator
          • Sep 2008

Spencer Kobren Interviews Spex During Scalp Micopigmentation (SMP)

Here's the live interview with Spex and Milana Lardy.

Scalp MicroPigmentation Interview.

Comment

• chrisdav
            • Oct 2011

I just listened to this interview in the discussion section.

It was Really good. I also posted it in the HT section so others could view it as I didnt realise it was here already. Sorry Admin, feel free to remove my post here.

This is a really interested interview and topic and definitely worth a watch. http://www.thebaldtruth.com/hair-loss/spencer-kobren-takes-a-closer-look-at-scalp-micropigmentation/

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

Thanks Y for putting up the interview.

Cheers Chris

Thanks to Spencer also for taking an interest and staying up to midnight his time in order to make the interview happen.

Best
              S

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• DAVE52
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by northeastguy
                Grade 1! Grade 1! ..... No, just kidding. .
                Do it !!
                Go to # 1
                Take a week off , and cut it to a # 1

Comment

• Spex
                  Dr Representative
                  • Nov 2008

LOL - Leave it with me ... you never know

Comment

• talkingboutblahblah
                    • May 2010

So what exactly is the "natural" ingredient that she uses?

Comment

• northeastguy
                      • Feb 2012

Hi Spex..... hope everything still looks great.

How long has it been since you had your scar grafted by Feller? do you remember how long after the procedure you noticed growth?

I was reading a thread you posted in and showed a great image of your hair post scar grafting with a #2 cut and it doesn't look much differant compaired to the pics you've posted here post Pigmentation.

http://www.**********************.co...-fut-scar.html

If your scar looked that great after FUE at a #2, I would assume it would look the same now even after Tricopigmentation....... Yup! I'm going to ask .... wouldn't a #1 cut be a better guage to whether the pigmentation really does help?

Here's my opinion on how I think someone interested in having this process should approach it.

1. Cut your hair to the style you are ultimately looking to go with. If that is a #1 then great. Take pictures.
                      2. Have the Tricopigmentation done so the artist can work with the hair style or length you are hoping to achieve.
                      3. Take after pictures once it is settled and compare.

Keep us posted, I think many of us have a strong interested on how this turns out.

Comment

• northeastguy
                        • Feb 2012

Well for some reason I can't get that link to work but this is the photo of your #2 cut after scar grafting... I think it looks great and you seemed to get great coverage with a cut that short. Hoping mine looks as good.

its a thread on the hair restoration network

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Hi,

The FUE into scar was done in 2004/2005 growth took a little longer than norm but grew well.

The scar area at the back/bottom however stretched since this time as you can see from the pics pre SMP and previously on grade 2 this area of the scar showed through as scar at widest point and surrounding hair was weak. I didnt feel confident on that low grade previously, hence didnt keep that length for long as an everyday haircut and knew my limitations despite showing clear growth into the scar via FUE.

Now thought, since the SMP there is no question that the SMP worked.

Here is the pic you refer to i believe. Hopefully you can see that this area and area further round caused me limitation.

Before:

Now:

Best
                          Spex
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Spex; 08-01-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
                            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                            • Nov 2008

Very cool and interesting. I think you may be on to something here. It would be nice to have more options for patients with old scars.
                            Dr. Glenn Charles
                            Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                            View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• northeastguy
                              • Feb 2012

I realize more and more this process may be something I am going to need to do to achieve the results I am looking for. As I examine my before photos again with a #2 clipper, there is a lot of permanent shock loss below each scar the grafting isn't going to fill in. Really the only way I'm going to achieve the look of uniformed density is to add Micropigmentation like this to my repair process. In fact, I may even do this prior to my second grafting session. few reasons..... 1. It will allow me to cut my hair the length I want much sooner. 2. it will help hide the immediate effects of the 2nd procedure and act as a concealer. 3. It will help me get the most from the first grafting session.

One of the more exciting aspects of this procedure is the fact it is not perminent. Down to road if I feel the results from the 2 grafting sessions do the job on thier own, I can just let the pigmentation fade and go away.

Comment

• Spex
                                Dr Representative
                                • Nov 2008

Thanks for the comment Dr C

NEG, It is certainly not going to do you any harm to try it when the time is right for you

Best
                                S

Comment

Working...