Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Well for some reason I can't get that link to work but this is the photo of your #2 cut after scar grafting... I think it looks great and you seemed to get great coverage with a cut that short. Hoping mine looks as good.

its a thread on the hair restoration network

Hi,

The FUE into scar was done in 2004/2005 growth took a little longer than norm but grew well.

The scar area at the back/bottom however stretched since this time as you can see from the pics pre SMP and previously on grade 2 this area of the scar showed through as scar at widest point and surrounding hair was weak. I didnt feel confident on that low grade previously, hence didnt keep that length for long as an everyday haircut and knew my limitations despite showing clear growth into the scar via FUE.

Now thought, since the SMP there is no question that the SMP worked.

Here is the pic you refer to i believe. Hopefully you can see that this area and area further round caused me limitation.

Before:

Now:

Best
    Spex
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Spex; 08-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Very cool and interesting. I think you may be on to something here. It would be nice to have more options for patients with old scars.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

I realize more and more this process may be something I am going to need to do to achieve the results I am looking for. As I examine my before photos again with a #2 clipper, there is a lot of permanent shock loss below each scar the grafting isn't going to fill in. Really the only way I'm going to achieve the look of uniformed density is to add Micropigmentation like this to my repair process. In fact, I may even do this prior to my second grafting session. few reasons..... 1. It will allow me to cut my hair the length I want much sooner. 2. it will help hide the immediate effects of the 2nd procedure and act as a concealer. 3. It will help me get the most from the first grafting session.

One of the more exciting aspects of this procedure is the fact it is not perminent. Down to road if I feel the results from the 2 grafting sessions do the job on thier own, I can just let the pigmentation fade and go away.

Thanks for the comment Dr C

NEG, It is certainly not going to do you any harm to try it when the time is right for you

Best
    S

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I never heard of a scar stretching years after surgery, did you notice the extra stretching after the fue into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Here is the pic you refer to i believe. Hopefully you can see that this area and area further round caused me limitation.

Before:

Now:

Best
    Spex
    Nope
    Don't see anything out of the ordinary

Sparky, It stretched further round near the bottom at the back as you can see from the original pictures posted. Not in the area the scar was treated by FUE.

Dave52, The pics obviously are not helping then for you, have a look at the video where i come up through my donor region pre/post TMP. The scar can be seen clearer when the hair is pulled up across the hairs grain to expose the scar. I will continue to try my best but obviously for some its simply not good enough. Hopefully someone else will step up to the plate and be able to give everyone what they want to see. I mean that with all due respect

The main thing is i am very glad i did it to date and it has completely diluted down and camouflaged my scar.

I'm meeting with Spencer Kobren in person in LA in September and i am showing him it so he will possibly give you his opinion on it in person rather than pictures.

Best
    S

Hey Spex, not doubting that SMP can work but I have to question it as here http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3920 you seem to have it fixed where you put 114 FUEs into the scar at what looks to be a 3 grade (and it is not the picture above that you posted) ans since their was no evidence that you couldn't take it down 1 more grade I fail to see just how SMP could have helped as have neve heard of someones scar suddenly stretching years after the procedure (though I could be very wrong). Therefore, the only way you can convince us that SMP really works (which it seems now it might be in your interest to do) would be for you to take it down to a 1 grade and then make updates every month in a half to show us how the ink is holding up (if it is indeed working at a 1 grade which I think and hope it can be especially with the compliment of your prior FUE session). That being said it frankly looks suspect that you won't take it down another grade, especially since you are now working for Mileana now. What is the big deal if you swear SMP is legit?

Stevie R - Interesting first and only post trying to discredit and debunk me... I'm sure you are a genuine poster however.

The link you have included to an old topic shows pic of my donor area grade 4 as it mentions. The pic was taken in 2007, so the scar has not suddenly stretched. The scar can be clearly seen in pics and video pre my SMP session.

I can easily help you get a better grasp on how well SMP has worked into my scar for me. See video at start "pre op" as i brush hair up against the grain of the hair which clearly exposes the scar.

The see video at the end also as i push hair up again against the grain on a grade 2.

I do intend to show Spencer Kobren my scar in person in September so i'll let him comment with his opinion on it for you here, for what his opinion is worth to you.

Thanks for your input anyway
    Last edited by Spex; 08-09-2012 at 02:41 PM.