Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thanks Spex for sharing this. If you have read the other SMP threads on the forum, I have voiced my opinion many times that I think it's very bad idea. However since this seems to be temporary, I think it’s ok for some people, but in general a permanent scalp tattoo seems very silly and dangerous to me. I agree with Topcat that is just looks like stubble under your hair, but it DOES look very real so this is a big plus. I’d be curious to see what their work looks like on a very bald guy. The stuff that I see from the other clinics looks very fake to me and I kind of feel sorry for the people who rushed to have the permanent stuff done. At least with this if they hate it it will fade.

I’m glad that Spencer Kobren decided to take a closer look at this, I and very curious to hear his opinion since it holds so much weight. From what I gather from his show he does not recommend SMP but he seems neutral and open about it also.

Cheers. Its great Spencer is showing interest!

Here is a pic of my hair washed :

Also see pics of NW6 on previous topic i made :

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...?t=9041&page=2

Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 07-20-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

You soooo have to show us a #1 or #2...

I would love to see how well she can blend a scar at a #1 cut.....That would be the ultimate test in my opinion. Many of us would just like to trim down to that style but can't due to the obvious issue. Personally I think a combo of FUE and this treatment (done right) could almost eliminate the visual look of the scar.
    With your hair longer, it definately adds a more perminent concealer effect. Because it looks so much like stubble ( I'm quite impressed at how small the dots are...almost the same size a a large folicle) I would think it would literally blend in with existing hairs at a #1 cut. A cut any longer and it might look off due to the 2D effect it would show next to hair.

spex, any information on cost? I'm assuming it should be less expensive compaired to the perminent options offered at HIS, GLI, AS, and similar outfits? Looking forward to seeing that short Hair cut!

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    I would love to see how well she can blend a scar at a #1 cut.....That would be the ultimate test in my opinion. Many of us would just like to trim down to that style but can't due to the obvious issue. Personally I think a combo of FUE and this treatment (done right) could almost eliminate the visual look of the scar.
    With your hair longer, it definately adds a more perminent concealer effect. Because it looks so much like stubble ( I'm quite impressed at how small the dots are...almost the same size a a large folicle) I would think it would literally blend in with existing hairs at a #1 cut. A cut any longer and it might look off due to the 2D effect it would show next to hair.

spex, any information on cost? I'm assuming it should be less expensive compaired to the perminent options offered at HIS, GLI, AS, and similar outfits? Looking forward to seeing that short Hair cut!
    Yeah I'd like to know about cost too

How many hours did it take?

Hi guys,

The costs range form 600 - 2000 euros for the complete finished product. This can take 2-3 sessions / sittings depending on the amount of work required.

I hear you all that want me to shave it all off, however you must appreciate i have to go about my everyday life/work. Can any of you simply go grade 1 at request... I mean this with all due respect as trust me i ALSO want to see how low i can go and what it looks like i really do and right now looking at it i think i might be able to go pretty low!

As mentioned i will cut it short but i need a couple of weeks as i will do it as low as i feel comfortable on prior to going on holiday. Trust me i want to go low - this is why i did this SMP. I did it for me, not for anyone else as i want to go low.

Give me a couple of weeks and i will do my best to show you how LOW i can Go!!

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

It's remarkable how much the dots look like stubble. Each one seems unique. In fact it's wrong to even call them dots as they look like they have length to them.

Go loooow for us, Spex.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It does look better at a normal distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    . Trust me i want to go low - this is why i did this SMP. I did it for me, not for anyone else as i want to go low.

Give me a couple of weeks and i will do my best to show you how LOW i can Go!!
    So, you 've had , what 6 + HT's ( ? ) and you now want to cut your hair short

Care to share why ?

Only the sides /back (donor area). Where i have scaring. I like anyone with a HT wants to be able to have the option of taking their donor area as low as possible. Hope this explains.