Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

As for Iron from tatoo's causing cancer, I've never read about it but would be open to examples. Excess iron is filtered out by the Kidneys and liver but this is mostly the case with ingested iron. In the case of Tatoo's and more specifically smp or Trico, I am under the impression the ink fading is more the result of the skin sheading over time (as it is continuosly doing). Doesn't appear that the trico method places the ink as deep as a traditional tatoo. I'm assuming the make-up of the ink is also differant??

Personally I think this technique will play a big role in this industry. Used and performed properly, it provides an additional factor to the final look that might give someone with diminished supply a little more density....Or the person with scars a better blended result to go along with thier FUE's.

Well I hope your right Northeastguy, it sure looks good on a scar when done right...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
    @Delphi, I see no problem with topcat urging caution and asking questions, perhaps if some of us had HT docs like this we wouldn't be in the situation. I think I can speak for topcat to say that we both hope the SMP will not be a health problem I am almost convinced it won't, but then again I have not done the research. Spex seems like an alright dude and legitimately wants to help but that is hard to tell in this industry sometimes. Perhaps people can sound a bit pissed or derogatory on these forums but there is no need to get your panties in a tangle I am pretty sure all the posters on here just want to find help for themselves and everyone else. Also, to all you guys saying FUE doesn't help...well that is not true at all just look at this http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/v...35&forum_id=17 or this http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/v...52&forum_id=17, and others I have seen that had better results have been taken down for some reason. Now, all those scars are fairly small I guess, but many have smaller scars, mine is smaller than all these guys scars and I think it is misleading and wrong to suggest that SMP is the only way to fix a scar. I have seen many on here use body hair or beard and you can't tell especially if the scar is small, just look at IWANTMYHEADSHAVEDBACK on the Hairloss Help forum. That is not to say that SMP does not work, it definitely does whether with Milena or others Italian clinics but is it safe? I hope so, but don't mislead dudes on here that are nervously watching the forums thinking that they only have one option....if this is safe I will combine the two, if I need to.
    There's nothing wrong in urging caution Steve R, the issue is that Topcat is hostile, just for the sake of being hostile. You don't always have to be an asshole to get your point across in this world. You're a bit on the hostile side yourself, so you might not agree with this point, but If you knew anything about my posting history you would know the I am one person who was completely against having your scalp tattooed. Now I might be changing my tune, after learning more about this newer process. Topcat doesn't bring balance, you have to be a balanced person yourself to know how to really bring balance to a situation His bias eclipses his "message" and weakens his position. He might mean well, but delivery is half the battle, and his delivery makes him come off as someone with an agenda who's only concern is making his point at the expense of others.

Stevie, Dephi refers to a poster that brings a different point of view to the forum as a dick and now an asshole and then he wants others to believe that the person with the different point of view is the hostile one. Eventually people will figure it all out on their own.

Dont waste donor hair on a scar !

Delphi I honestly believe you either work in the industry or for the forum. That is probably the biggest dirty little secret of this industry. It's meant to manipulate information and sway minds and it's present on all of the forums.

If you do not have donor hair to waste on a scar then I would agree don't waste it. Better to avoid the scar in the first place and if that means you are not a candidate for a HT then just live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    If you do not have donor hair to waste on a scar then I would agree don't waste it. Better to avoid the scar in the first place and if that means you are not a candidate for a HT then just live with it.
    Ageed. Yup. This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Delphi I honestly believe you either work in the industry or for the forum. That is probably the biggest dirty little secret of this industry. It's meant to manipulate information and sway minds and it's present on all of the forums.

You suffer from a very special brand of paranoia Topcat. What always seems to happen is that every time you perceive someone is "disagreeing" with your agenda you state that they MUST be working for the "industry". Funny thing is that I never disagreed with you on SMP. We have the exact point of view so I have no clue why you're trying to twist the issue. I've posted many times that I think you would have to be a fool to have SMP. However, I find this new process interesting and since I'm an open minded person I would like to learn more about it. You're hostility and insane paranoia always gets the best of you Topcat. You would rather get in the way of people being helped just to prove your argument, which is a very dangerous.

@Delphi, lol hostile? Look if you can't handle mine or topcat's opinion well too bad for you. I personally have no opinion and have not researched it, but if there were risks I don't know if we would know them as this is something new, at least to the English speaking world with the tats disappearing over time an all. I hope it works, I will just have to wait and see, I even said I am confident it will work. It definitely looks good, it seems to fade over time, but is it safe? Now what is hostile about asking questions? Can you answer that? And so what if topcat was hostile, why does it concern you? Also, it never hurts to sit back and wait a little longer, if whatever you are gonna do is legit, I think this is topcat's point. All I am saying is that I will wait, but I may well do it 2-3 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Dont waste donor hair on a scar !
    If it resolves a persons individual problem, why not?