+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Not sure what carbamazipine is so i cant speak on that. In general you're only thinning on top so Propecia would actually be most useful to you. If you really dont want to go on that at least try minoxidil but for now you should get Toppik/Dermatch as it will cover up the thinning spot for when you go out(you're a perfect candidate since you still have your full temples).
    I think carbamazipine is a drug used for convulsion and stabilizer of mood.

Quote Originally Posted by nikemata View Post
    I think carbamazipine is a drug used for convulsion and stabilizer of mood.
    yes you are right and one of the side effect which is mentioned on the prescription is telogen effluvium

Not sure what carbamazipine is so i cant speak on that. In general you're only thinning on top so Propecia would actually be most useful to you. If you really dont want to go on that at least try minoxidil but for now you should get Toppik/Dermatch as it will cover up the thinning spot for when you go out(you're a perfect candidate since you still have your full temples).
    well i have read that propecia have really undesirable side effects on libido and causes sexual disfunction so i will not go down that road
    but im on minoxidil rite now started a few weeks ago
    i dont know about toppik/dermatch though

Quote Originally Posted by hevar View Post
    well i have read that propecia have really undesirable side effects on libido and causes sexual disfunction so i will not go down that road
    but im on minoxidil rite now started a few weeks ago
    i dont know about toppik/dermatch though
    Try out minoxidil for a bit, if you see improvement then just stick with that.

Toppik is just a concealer so it'll look like you have a full head of hair if you put it on a thinning spot. Good if you wanna go out etc.

I recommend looking up studies on propecia and reconsidering it in a few months, it's honestly IMO the only drug that can 'save' your hair in that it actually stops/inhibits what is miniaturizing it and can fill in your thinning spot potentially as well. It's your choice just know that there's only maybe a 5-10% chance of sexual sides and 1-2% chance that these sides will continue(this is out of the millions that take it). It's definitely your choice but if you feel the hairloss is getting a little too serious i'd reccomend it(i've been on it for a month now with zero sides).

Try out minoxidil for a bit, if you see improvement then just stick with that.

Toppik is just a concealer so it'll look like you have a full head of hair if you put it on a thinning spot. Good if you wanna go out etc.

I recommend looking up studies on propecia and reconsidering it in a few months, it's honestly IMO the only drug that can 'save' your hair in that it actually stops/inhibits what is miniaturizing it and can fill in your thinning spot potentially as well. It's your choice just know that there's only maybe a 5-10% chance of sexual sides and 1-2% chance that these sides will continue(this is out of the millions that take it). It's definitely your choice but if you feel the hairloss is getting a little too serious i'd reccomend it(i've been on it for a month now with zero sides).
    thanks for the advice , there is a lotion that blocks the production of DHT you use like 6 squirts of it and leave it on the scalp for like 6 hours , so i think that may be an option as well