+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Gem

Never knew he had a dedicated page other than his own site.

What I still don't get is why are clinics not interested in gho and still performing FUT, there's something wrong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Never knew he had a dedicated page other than his own site.

What I still don't get is why are clinics not interested in gho and still performing FUT, there's something wrong with them.
    economics.

When RCA invented the T.V. they were still selling a ton of radios.... guess what happened? they hid that they had the T.V. technology until radio demand died down years later...

I suspect we're seeing the same scenario in regards to Gho and the rest of the HT industry.

once people stop filling in FUT and FUE clinic appt. slots, then we will see them become more interested. Until then, the path of least resistance and profits is to smear Gho and continue on with the FUEs/FUTs

I've been making the above argument for almost two years now. It seems to be slowly coming to roost as the truth.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    When RCA invented the T.V. they were still selling a ton of radios.... guess what happened? they hid that they had the T.V. technology until radio demand died down years later...
    The ignorance, it burns.

RCA didn't "invent" the television; they were one of many entities (both people and companies) involved in perfecting television technology, which involved many different steps and evolved across a span of decades.

RCA also didn't "hide that they had TV technology." They were one of the pioneers in television broadcasting and sales, experimenting with daily television broadcasts in the 1920s and offering television sets for sale in the 1930s -- even though commercial television didn't catch on (and begin cutting into radio sales) until after World War II.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    The ignorance, it burns.

RCA didn't "invent" the television; they were one of many entities (both people and companies) involved in perfecting television technology, which involved many different steps and evolved across a span of decades.

RCA also didn't "hide that they had TV technology." They were one of the pioneers in television broadcasting and sales, experimenting with daily television broadcasts in the 1920s and offering television sets for sale in the 1930s -- even though commercial television didn't catch on (and begin cutting into radio sales) until after World War II.

"RCA demonstrated an all-electronic television system at the 1939 New York World's Fair, and developed the USA's first television test pattern. With the introduction of the NTSC standard, the Federal Communications Commission authorized the start of commercial television transmission on 1 July 1941. World War II slowed the deployment of television in the US, but RCA began selling television sets almost immediately after the war was over. (See also: History of television) RCA was closely involved in radar and radio development in support of the war effort. These development efforts greatly assisted RCA in its television research efforts."

wikipedia

other sources:

http://www.uncp.edu/home/acurtis/Cou...yTimeline.html

anyway, when I have time to find the peer reviewed journal article on RCA and the television that you claim they had but didn't show off until 1939, I will post it.

Inactive

Question

anyway, when I have time to find the peer reviewed journal article on RCA and the television that you claim they had but didn't show off until 1939, I will post it.
    Umm, you're the one who claimed that RCA "hid" their television technology. You're simply proving yourself wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Umm, you're the one who claimed that RCA "hid" their television technology. You're simply proving yourself wrong.

They didn't invent the TV, they invented the first viable one, and they waited to unveil it until 1939. They did this for the reasons I stated above. The information I posted confirms that this was the first viable TV and they unveiled it at the world fair in 1939. This confirms what I said.

I don't feel like arguing with the guy so desperate to be seen as smart that he has a calculator icon for his tbt account....

Inactive

Thumbs down

They didn't invent the TV, they invented the first viable one
    No, they did neither. They made some incremental improvements to technology that had largely been developed by Philo Farnsworth.

and they waited to unveil it until 1939. They did this for the reasons I stated above.
    No, RCA didn't "hide" their television until 1939 because they were waiting for radio sales to slacken. They spent most of the 1930s trying to overturn Farnsworth's patents for television technology, and it wasn't until 1939 that they finally gave up and agreed to pay to license the technology from Farnsworth. Until then they couldn't have sold their televisions without the risk of being sued for patent infringement.

The information I posted confirms that this was the first viable TV
    No, it doesn't. It simply says that RCA "demonstrated an all-electronic television system at the 1939 New York World's Fair." It doesn't state that RCA "invented" television, or that the television they demonstrated was the "first viable TV." Farnsworth had publicly demonstrated a working all-electronic television system over ten years earlier, and RCA was only one of several manufacturers who demonstrated working televisions at the World's Fair that year.

I don't feel like arguing with the guy so desperate to be seen as smart that he has a calculator icon for his tbt account....
    Translation: "I've been proved wrong, so I'll try to bluff my way out of it by picking on something completely irrelevant."

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5233,3869781

how did they spend the entire 1930's fighting a guys patent.. when they were being sued for a monopoly on TV and Radio patents in 1930?

I don't know.....

Inactive

how did they spend the entire 1930's fighting a guys patent.. when they were being sued for a monopoly on TV and Radio patents in 1930?
    They weren't being sued for having a monopoly of patents; they were being sued for insisting on licensing all their patents as one big group rather than individually.

Any technology is accompanied by a bunch of people and companies filing patents for very minor aspects (usually ancillary uses or very small incremental improvements) that others find it easier to license rather than to avoid or challenge. But it's undeniable that Philo Farnsworth, not RCA, was issued the patent for inventing the all-electronic television in 1930:

http://www.uspto.gov/news/pr/2001/01-36.jsp