+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow 9.5 Month update from surgery with Dr Feller

These are my latest pictures of my hair taken recently 9.5 months post surgery from Dr Feller in New York.

I know it is a bit suspect with my sisters hair band but it was just to show my hair pulled back when it was dry.

Then there are 3 other pictures with my hair wet on top and one of me before I was off out on saturday night.

As previously stated in another thread previously, I extremely grateful that the major forums exist such as this one, opening my eyes to all the great surgeons out there.

I am also very grateful to Spex for giving me excellent, honest advice and Dr Feller for performing surgery that has restored my hair to a level I didn't think was possible and restoring my self esteem to optimum levels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chris10.jpg

Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	15975   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris18.jpg

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	15976   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris19.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	15977   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris20.jpg

Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	15978   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris newest.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	15979  

Looking good! I hope my result is as successful. I'll hopefully be where you are in about a year or so....

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Chris,,your hair looks great. How many grafts is it? Was it an FUE ? Thanks for the pics bro

Hi Artista.

I had 1900 grafts through strip.

Will put my preop pics up also.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

only 1900? wow,,good for you my friend..i wish that was all ill need.
    How is the donor scar currently, why didnt you go with the FUE?

only 1900? wow,,good for you my friend..i wish that was all ill need.
    How is the donor scar currently, why didnt you go with the FUE?

I had two smaller procedures from the Uk when I was younger, one fue and one strip.

The previous strip scar was cut out in the op but I still have an fue scar on the left hand side of my head.

My hair is long and thick so unless I took my hair down to a very short blade, I couldn't honestly tell you but my sister had a look and she had a hard job finding it.

I didn't see the point in having fue considering I had a strip scar already and the fue scar I have is more evident than the strip as it was clustered together and done by a poor clinic in the UK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chris 2.jpg

Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	16011   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris 3.jpg

Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	16012   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris 5.jpg

Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	16013   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris 6.jpg

Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	16014   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris 7.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	16015   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris 1 op.jpg

Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	16016   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris before trans 14.jpg

Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	16017   Click image for larger version

Name:	chris before trans 7.JPG

Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	16018  

Chris, what did you do to hide your transplant while you were recovering (and until you're buzzed areas grew out)?

I'm surprised that you felt the need to get another HT, as your hairline looked pretty good previous to this last operation. My current hairline is about where yours was AFTER you got shaved for your HT.

Chris, what did you do to hide your transplant while you were recovering (and until you're buzzed areas grew out)?

I'm surprised that you felt the need to get another HT, as your hairline looked pretty good previous to this last operation. My current hairline is about where yours was AFTER you got shaved for your HT

I had sufficient hair to cover the work done after the operation when it was brushed forward but I later shaved it off anyway. I was wearing different hats for for a few months.

I always liked to have my hair up at the front as a kid and up to the present day but was unable to do that because even though my hair in the forelock was relatively strong, I was bald in the temples of my head and had about 10 hairs growing in each side from 2 small previous poor transplants in the Uk.

In hindsight, the first surgery I should have been turned away at my age but this industry is notorious for clinics who are willing take advantage and prey on the naive and vulnerable. It resulted in a bad result and when that happens, you go chasing to fix it, leading to additonal surgeries.

It was something I wanted to address and felt the time was right now and fortunately after growing older and wiser, I got it right 3rd time lucky

I am very happy with my hair now and I am not planning any more surgeries for a long time as long as the medication continues to work but time will tell as I get older.

I do realise that that my hairloss was minor but it was something I wanted to address and now I have, my self esteem is optimum and feel great about myself and enables me to enjoy my life to the fullest without bothering about hair

I hear ya'. I'm self-conscious about my temples, too, and would like to wear my hair much shorter than I do.

When you buzzed your hair, were you able to see your scar? Also, are you just on Propecia and Rogaine?

I am and only have been on finasteride, have used finpecia and cut proscar into quarters but if for example I suddenly start to lose more hair then I will add in minoxidil and maybe Nizoral.

Regarding my scar, I could probably shave it down to a 3 blade, maybe a bit shorter but I am only guessing. My hair is long, thick and I have no intention on taking it down very short.

If the most recent method of scar closure(Trichophytic Closure) is used and a good surgeon performs the surgery, you could probably take it even lower than that for example Jotronic (who Dr Wong performed his surgery) can take his hair very short but you would expect that as Hasson&Wong performed his surgeries.