+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: For Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I don't see childhood pics of him with his corners and hairline exposed, but I can tell you it isn't usual for prepubescent children (besides babies who often have weird hair patterns until later) to have this forehead:

http://eworldcups.com/brad-pitt.html

(Scroll down to the second picture with his hair buzzed short)

That tells me nothing.

I know plenty of guys who have slightly higher hairlines from birth, Pitt could be one of them.

if any1 wants to restore their hairline start with big 3 then after 6 to 8 months add experimental treatments to your hairline. ru would be a good start. many people restore their hairlines on ru. please look at these pic of some1 ho restored their hairline http://m-hair.sakura.ne.jp/report/RU.html

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    That tells me nothing.

I know plenty of guys who have slightly higher hairlines from birth, Pitt could be one of them.
    I agree with some people having naturally high hairlines. It's not the height I was looking at, but the shape. Extremely defined temple points with the corners cut deeply into the hairline (which is straight across and not rounded at the corners), where juvenile hairs fell out, rather than the softer transition that you normally see on children and women.

I don't see childhood pics of him with his corners and hairline exposed, but I can tell you it isn't usual for prepubescent children (besides babies who often have weird hair patterns until later) to have this forehead:

http://eworldcups.com/brad-pitt.html

(Scroll down to the second picture with his hair buzzed short)

Here is Clinton with his juvi hairline:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton

(He has a slight widow's peak which shouldn't be confused with a mature hairline; note his corners and the transition between them and his temples)

Here are a couple women with their hairlines exposed:

http://hairstylesjoss.blogspot.com/2...hairstyle.html

Interesting to note: a minority of women have male hairlines. Many (along with many male children) also have "wispier" or finer hair in the corners where men typically lose it after puberty--those hairs sometimes look like they are miniaturizing from MPB, but they almost never fall out in females. (If they did fall out they might form a male hairline.) Here's an example of that:

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebs...-hairstyle.jpg

(Notice the quality of hair in her corners compared to where it becomes very thick all over, but this is normal and not pattern hair loss. If you can imagine her hairline with those finer, sparser hairs missing, it would look more like Brad Pitt's)

Edit: Actually you can somewhat see this same phenomenon in the second photo on the hairstylesjoss website)
    And if they take T, they go through the same hair change we do at puberty,only it happens pretty quickly from what I have read.
    Many report mpb follows 5-10 years later. Google FTM hairloss if interested.
    Also on youtube as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    And if they take T, they go through the same hair change we do at puberty,only it happens pretty quickly from what I have read.
    Many report mpb follows 5-10 years later. Google FTM hairloss if interested.
    Also on youtube as well.
    This happens from taking T only? That's really interesting. I wonder if the same genes are responsible for male and female pattern baldness, but T levels cause the pattern to express itself differently?
    btw I read up on your comment about the BASP system of hair loss classification. Very interesting man. And it applies to men and women both.

This happens from taking T only? That's really interesting.
    Keep in mind that the human body converts free testosterone into DHT. The free testosterone that doesn't get converted into DHT gets converted into estrogen by aromatase enzymes. This happens in both males and females. So a F2M who is on cross-sex HRT can possibly make more DHT than a natural born male - because they are also often taking aromatase inhibitors.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Very bad and very unethical advice.
    This is very bad and very unethical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Keep in mind that the human body converts free testosterone into DHT. The free testosterone that doesn't get converted into DHT gets converted into estrogen by aromatase enzymes. This happens in both males and females. So a F2M who is on cross-sex HRT can possibly make more DHT than a natural born male - because they are also often taking aromatase inhibitors.
    And whatever isn't converted to DHT or estrogen just remains as free T?

And whatever isn't converted to DHT or estrogen just remains as free T?
    It doesn't remain in the body. Most free testosterone gets converted into DHT. There is typically very little left to be converted into estrogen. The excess testosterone is flushed from the body like every other excess substance is.

An excellent example of this in action is the fact that using Finasteride raises a man's testosterone levels a little bit. Contrary to the popular false believe of some of the members here, Finasteride does not lower testosterone - it raises it. That leaves more free tesosterone to be converted into estrogen or flushed from the body. These amounts are very small and insignificant in a born male though. In the case of a F2M person, the amount converted into DHT can be very significant because they are usually flooding their bodies with testosterone and aromatase inhibitors. The amount of testosterone wasted can also be very significant.

Do not confuse (Total) Testosterone and free testosterone.

The total testosterone levels do not change unless you do something to make more (lift heavy weights for example, take injections)

It is free testosterone that is raised because less total is being taken away via 5AR-2.

This happens from taking T only? That's really interesting. I wonder if the same genes are responsible for male and female pattern baldness, but T levels cause the pattern to express itself differently?
    btw I read up on your comment about the BASP system of hair loss classification. Very interesting man. And it applies to men and women both.
    Interesting...I never thought of it that way and I really don't know. Most of what I have read over the years has said that mothers have the gene without it being expressed and can pass it on to their children, but who knows for sure. I don't FPB is well understood to be honest.

Yea I am glad they are trying to fix norwood as it missed many of us who don't quite fit.

I have seen another journal article that is tracking mpb in ftm's . I just skimmed it but it basically said the longer on t+older age= higher NW which makes sense.