+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Brad Pitt is on RU BIM FIN DUT minox and has had several Gho ops.

He also spends 7 hours a day on hair loss forums waiting for Histogen update.
    you might not be far from the truth.

Him and Cruise both. Or one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Brad Pitt's hairline is receded at the corners. When he buzzes his head close you can make it out more easily.
    I won't argue whether NW1 is juvenile or mature since the more I look the foggier it is. The chart is just a collection of crude drawings unfortunately. (For NW1 the top-down view looks mature, but the side view not as much.) Would love to see an updated scale to replace Norwood-Hamilton.
    Either way if you want to see why the Brad Pitts of the world don't have juvenile hairlines, check out a woman with her hair pulled back. Or go find a prepubescent kid and shave his head. When you get out of jail tell us what you find.
    Pitts hair has stayed the same for YEARS

He has no recession

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    Sounds like you're just pissed you don't have a mature hairline but full blown MPB.
    Im just pissed that I have lost hair. Mature hairline or not.

And tbh everyone kept on telling me that my hairline is mature (NW2)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Im just pissed that I have lost hair. Mature hairline or not.

And tbh everyone kept on telling me that my hairline is mature (NW2)
    That's because it all starts out the same. For another guy that is NW2 he will stay there for 40 years but for you it just keeps on going. It's why this whole thing sucks, luckily now you can check for miniaturization beyond the hairline to get a good diagnosis.

You know if there's one thing I've noticed on this forum it's that everyone seems to have a very personalized view on things. "Propecia doesn't work because it didn't help me" or "mature hairlines don't exist because mine just kept on going". Doesn't anyone stop to think beyond their own lives?

Pitts hair has stayed the same for YEARS

He has no recession
    I'm not saying he has MPB, just that his corners backed up a bit sometime after puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I'm not saying he has MPB, just that his corners backed up a bit sometime after puberty.
    Have you got pictures to prove this?

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    Doesn't anyone stop to think beyond their own lives?
    For the most part, no they don't. Some of these guys have this "all or nothing" attitude about treatments. What I mean by that is that they feel a treatment does not work if it does not return them to a juvenile hair line, even though those treatments may in fact regrow some hair or at least improve the hair that they still have and/or arrest further loss. They can't see the forest for the trees and refuse to accept any value in improvement that is less than perfect.

Sadly, I obviously need to point out that the words "some" and "all" do not mean the same thing. I'm just putting that out there before anybody barks at me.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Since they never believe you and want to give you a hard time about it, I figured I would post this link that I stumbled on tonight. This appears to be written by MD's FWIW.

"Adolescent boys notice some receding near the temples as their hairlines change from the straight-across boys' pattern to the more "M-shaped" pattern of adult men. This normal development does not mean they are losing hair."

http://www.medicinenet.com/hair_loss...m#androgenetic
    I do believe that young men experience the loss of that straight across line and that does not mean they are balding. However, this is happening because of an expanding skull and the need for hair to have a blood flow positive environment. Additionally for this site to say that lacking blood flow does not effect hair loss is completely bogus. Not to mention its comment that massaging doesn’t help hair loss is a complete lie. If you are diligent and you massage your scalp every day your hair will grow better I am living proof of that. I have a halted my hair loss for over 3 years now with no medication just healthy eating and scalp massages….oh and mildly reduced ejaculation rate.

Oh my lord. You guys are going to waste her name, stop sweating her so damn much.

I <3 you Tracy. You are the e-mother of Bald Truth.

Have you got pictures to prove this?
    I don't see childhood pics of him with his corners and hairline exposed, but I can tell you it isn't usual for prepubescent children (besides babies who often have weird hair patterns until later) to have this forehead:

http://eworldcups.com/brad-pitt.html

(Scroll down to the second picture with his hair buzzed short)

Here is Clinton with his juvi hairline:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton

(He has a slight widow's peak which shouldn't be confused with a mature hairline; note his corners and the transition between them and his temples)

Here are a couple women with their hairlines exposed:

http://hairstylesjoss.blogspot.com/2...hairstyle.html

Interesting to note: a minority of women have male hairlines. Many (along with many male children) also have "wispier" or finer hair in the corners where men typically lose it after puberty--those hairs sometimes look like they are miniaturizing from MPB, but they almost never fall out in females. (If they did fall out they might form a male hairline.) Here's an example of that:

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebs...-hairstyle.jpg

(Notice the quality of hair in her corners compared to where it becomes very thick all over, but this is normal and not pattern hair loss. If you can imagine her hairline with those finer, sparser hairs missing, it would look more like Brad Pitt's)

Edit: Actually you can somewhat see this same phenomenon in the second photo on the hairstylesjoss website)