+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Who are more shallow: Men or Women?

Women are probably more shallow than us Men.

I'm starting to think that so many medicines and treatments for baldness exist and so many reasons we feel so sad at going bald, and the reason hair pieces exist, and websites like this exist, are because women are so shallow....

If women thought balding was sexy, and guys who went bald had equal chances at women, or even better chances at women, then this hair loss industry wouldn't exist.

Thoughts appreciated.

I think its equal.

Thumbs up

The main issue is how hairloss affects the individual. It's rare that anyone is as affected by the condition as the person themselves. The industry has grown as a result of this self perception, based on how men think women will view them. I would agree that some women are put off by the idea of hair loss more than others, but then people can "wear" the look to varying degrees of success. Some guys can assimilate the look and take it in their stride, others don't fare so well. Factor in the idea that women are attracted to various differant attributes and have their own agenda also and the issue gets quite complex. The other side of the coin?.. 40% of hair loss sufferers are women and have to deal with the same shit men do.

I hear what you are saying, but I think it may be a generalisation too far. Man or woman, a shallow person is just that.

Just my opinion!

Obviously women are more shallow - but its politically correct and applauded to hate and laugh at men.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Obviously women are more shallow - but its politically correct and applauded to hate and laugh at men.
    As a blanket rule, I'm not sure that's the case, but in specific terms of male hair loss, I think this is quite true actually. Even some relatively decent and intelligent women think that commenting on a guy's hairloss is fair game. To respond to this in any way at all relegates the guy as being "touchy" or "vain". To comment negatively on a woman's appearance is not considered right but this should also apply the other way round!

Men are more shallow and I don't know how you guys can even say the opposite. I'm laughing out loud at the vanity here.

Men reject women on 29373990 factors. She's too fat, she's this, she's that, she's this. This is why women spend 1 hour getting ready to go somewhere. They put on 12 different kinds of makeup, lipstick, etc. etc. etc. because thats what they HAVE TO DO in order to attract guys.

Guys just roll out of bed take a shower and they're on their way. Why? Because women don't care AS MUCH.

Dave -

I think it's best not to make this a gender war. I see what you are saying but people are people and their outlook is not restricted to their sex. I resent the implication of vanity, for me (and many people) it's just about feeling comfortable. I agree that women have pressure on them to look good and that society is sometimes unfair in it's expectation. However, this pressure is now being put on men in some respects (dressing well, being in shape and sometimes, yes,.. hair). The issue is not neccesarily a simple one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave123 View Post
    Men are more shallow and I don't know how you guys can even say the opposite. I'm laughing out loud at the vanity here.

Men reject women on 29373990 factors. She's too fat, she's this, she's that, she's this. This is why women spend 1 hour getting ready to go somewhere. They put on 12 different kinds of makeup, lipstick, etc. etc. etc. because thats what they HAVE TO DO in order to attract guys.

Guys just roll out of bed take a shower and they're on their way. Why? Because women don't care AS MUCH.
    Instead of saying Men are more shallow, I would rephrase it and say that men are more controlled by their instincts. I have tried to force myself into being attracted to women who I knew were very nice people. And i knew they were interested in me. But visually I just could not do it as much as I wanted to. I can't figure out what it is that turns me on or off as it seems to be different each time. Girls that others say are fat may look very attractive to me. In undergrad, I had a friend who had seriously thinning hair, yet I was not turned off at all and would have asked her out if she did not already have a boyfriend. Using the word shallow implies by choice, but to me I believe we are being "guided" by a strong visual instinct that is very hard to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave123 View Post

You're partly perpetuating a common (unnoticed) sexist stereotype of the mainstream media - that men are fat obese useless and unhygienic.

But in whatever arena we discuss the differences between men & women, I think it can be agreed upon that we have to an extent all received some mainstream programming to defend women, their “lack of equality”, and to talk against the so called “evils” of men.

My only point is that women these days can do no harm, we live in a feminist run matriarchy where every form of media is directed at the dissolution, demonization and criminalisation of men in society.

Men are evil fat obese ugly greedy criminal paedophilic perverse deluded aggressive losers, women are fluffy perfect angels who we must all bow down and worship because our evolutionary path that forced us to protect them was actually a form of oppression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

All views above are fully welcome, as each member is just freely expressing their opinion.

I would like to say, that after reading the above posts, that I think a Balding man has a right to be Sad at his situation. It is NOT easy to go bald, and some of us can't ride it as well as Vin Diesel or Jason Statham.

Are women more shallow: sadly, my opinion is still yes.
    Forgive me, any ladies in this forum.