+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laser Helmets

Default Laser Helmets

I was wondering if anyone of this forum has experience with LLLT. And I'm not talking about those BS little LaserMax combs that come complete with 1 diode each for the cost of roughly 500 dollars and your first born.

Theres a guy who runs a site overmachgrande.com who gives instructions on how to build a high powered device correctly. He also builds them for you and sells them for about 1100 bucks or so. (He says about 200 of that is labor.) There are guys over at regrowth.com that have using either his devices or ones like them and many are experiencing great results. There seems to be a lot of success experienced by people who are using sufficiently powered devices.

The whole laser treatment kind of lost credibility for me with the laser comb, and the widespread derision it has received. I seem to never hear about this type of stuff on this forum and was wondering if anyone here has any information to offer.

Here's a link to a results video a dude made using OMG's concepts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Th8EnPDowo

Quote Originally Posted by sch89 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone of this forum has experience with LLLT. And I'm not talking about those BS little LaserMax combs that come complete with 1 diode each for the cost of roughly 500 dollars and your first born.
    They don't have just one diode. The 9-laser model has nine lasers in it. The seven laser model has seven lasers in it. The claim you have read stating they only have one diode is BS.

I've been using the 9-laser Hairmax laser comb since November of 2007, and yes it has nine lasers in it. I do feel it has helped me a lot and I do recommend it to those who are interested in trying it. However, I am beginning to believe that they may be more helpful for women than men - but I am not completely sure about that yet.

The whole laser treatment kind of lost credibility for me with the laser comb...
    All I can say to that is that the laser comb is helping me, it is helping my sister, it is helping some of the ladies over at WHLP and it is probably helping others as well.

If you have the skills needed to build a laser helmet of your own, go for it. You never know, it might help you..

Ah, my mistake. It looks like that used to be the design, but they updated it once the secret got out I guess. Anyways, I've heard a hair loss doc say that Laser Max combs do tend to work better on women than men, but that's pretty much completely irrelevant to me since I am a man.

Glad that you feel it's working for you, although I wonder how you feel you've isolated its influence in your treatment regimen based on my recollection that you are also using minox and perhaps other treatments?

More to the point, does anyone have experience with Over Macho Grande aka John Christian and/or his laser helmet designs?

Ah, my mistake. It looks like that used to be the design, but they updated it once the secret got out I guess.
    That is not true. I am aware that the sham device that was used as the placebo control during the clinical trials had only one diode. That is probably how this whole BS rumor got started.

Glad that you feel it's working for you, although I wonder how you feel you've isolated its influence in your treatment regimen based on my recollection that you are also using minox and perhaps other treatments?
    During the first six months of treating my hair loss I used only my Hairmax laser comb and nothing else. The improvement in my hair during that time cannot be attributed to anything but using my laser comb.

I've heard a hair loss doc say that Laser Max combs do tend to work better on women than men...
    I have also read that but I have not seen enough to tell me for sure one way or another. Most of the people I know of who are using the laser comb are women. I just don't know of many guys who are using it. A few here from this forum but that's it. Sorry.