+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by unk View Post
    I have the same pattern as you rdawg, though I would say I'm perhaps a NW2A. I'm 23, since around 20 my hair got more annoying to style, until age 21 I was losing hundreds of hairs onto my pages studying for my finals because I had an itchy head (supposedly what happens when you're losing hair right) which became a bad habit to play with my ever crappier hair when I was stressed. I think I was in denial for over a year, I guess I had no clue about MPB age 20/21. Volumizing shampoo's became a must, but my hair was still getting worse, and I was horrified the first time I could see so much scalp on my thinned head after a shower.

Been taking the big 3 since October last year. I have experienced something similar to your current results. I think the front has improved, the sparse new hairs around the hairline and temples give a cosmetic improvement. Though, 12 months ago I thought the thinning was only half way back on my head, whereas now it's all the way to the crown. This could be because they say fin can take several months-a year to begin halting further loss, so perhaps I've only had a few months of stability. Either way I have no real way of monitoring it, except long term results. I buzz cut my head today because I get angry about my hair when it's a normal length for me (an inch on top). It wasn't my first time, but I'm already quite liking it, and I think it feels improved compared to when I last shaved my head. Like you say, if I can maintain where I am for the foreseeable future, I will take that as a win. It's not a deal breaker but getting worse would suck. Halting it would feel like a moral victory against MPB haha. Imagine our friends confusion 10 years from now when we have maintained our hair the same.
    Haha I definitely agree when in a few years I'm gonna see some friends go balder than me and i'll still be a NW2-3 or whatever!

I'm actually happy there is such a thing as fin as otherwise I would continue to shed like crazy like a few months before I started on it.(I thinned out like crazy the year before starting fin). It's definitely doing SOMETHING right now, shedding while growing a bit on the hairline due my numerous vellus hairs, but the wait is long. I just buzzed down my hair again to a half inch(which feels much better in some ways as it looks better for sure) I just dont like how much a buzz highlights my receding hairline, I would just look way better with a full hairline(but hey, can't win everything in life.)

I'm hoping Fin continues to improve and/or simply halt the process. By the end of this I may just Use a concealer like Nanogen/Toppik as I feel a reversal(or partial cure) is on the horizon with BIM, Histogen, aderans etc., 3-4 years away. So until then I may just moderately cover up the thinning and part of the hairline so I look more like a 1.5-2.

There's been a positive air to balding cure news lately, alot of positive news and not alot of dissapointing announcements. I feel like the pain for moderate hairloss sufferers is close to coming to an end(we'll see about NW4+'s).

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

There's been a positive air to balding cure news lately, alot of positive news and not alot of dissapointing announcements. I feel like the pain for moderate hairloss sufferers is close to coming to an end(we'll see about NW4+'s).
    I sure hope so. I'm on shaky ground as to whether I have a matured hairline that will halt or one that will continue to full blown MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I sure hope so. I'm on shaky ground as to whether I have a matured hairline that will halt or one that will continue to full blown MPB.
    Lets not get out hopes up, but I do truly believe even us youngsters with aggressive MPB will be able to fight it off until unlimited donor supply is a possibility. This make take us into our early 30's, but we will still be able to live happily with a full head of hair in our primes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Lets not get out hopes up, but I do truly believe even us youngsters with aggressive MPB will be able to fight it off until unlimited donor supply is a possibility. This make take us into our early 30's, but we will still be able to live happily with a full head of hair in our primes.
    haha the way I see it is by the time I'm 27-28, I'll get my full head of hair back(that's 2019-2020) There are so many products/ideas on the horizon it's hard to say that at least some of my hair wont come back.

Which is gonna be pretty weird because Ill actually look like I'm getting younger by then hahah.

I think the fight is over soon, but soon still means 3-5 years! gonna be a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    haha the way I see it is by the time I'm 27-28, I'll get my full head of hair back(that's 2019-2020) There are so many products/ideas on the horizon it's hard to say that at least some of my hair wont come back.

Which is gonna be pretty weird because Ill actually look like I'm getting younger by then hahah.

I think the fight is over soon, but soon still means 3-5 years! gonna be a long wait.
    Yea bro, it will definitely be easy to HALT hairloss complete in the near future. I'm startin me regimen soon so I won't get my hopes up until I see some sort of results! Hopefully I tolerate fin OK.