Hair Systems - All help! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Systems - All help!

Hi Guys,

24 year old male here with decent receding temples and a slight thinning crown.
    I'm considering a hair system and would like as much advice as you can all give if possible.

I've always had fine hair all my life (never been really happy even before recede) and want it sorted one way or another.
    I'm considering a local clinic at first (yes I know they’re expensive) but I think I should dabble with the professionals before I shop around and this clinic has very good ratings reports.

One thing I’ve noticed about hair systems is they always seem look wet/gelled/greasy when styled is this the products people put on them?
    I would much prefer for mine to look more natural and as natural as possibly. I would probably use clay tip hair products?
    Also are there any hidden or aspects that are negative with these things in terms of styling or can you pretty much do anything with them? Or any recommendations for styling ease?

As I said all feedback and help will be appreciated!
    Pictures would be nice too if possible to see.

Thanks Joe.

A hair system is not what they are made out to be by these salons. Yes they can look very good, but it takes A LOT of maintenance and you really have to know how to do every aspect yourself if you want it to look perfect all the time. My brother in-law wears one and he says it's a big pain in the ass but worth it for him. We talk hair all the time and I probably would have never known if he had not told me. You should try to learn about buying online and finding someone in your area to apply it and give you your hair cuts. I think most of these online places will have people they can recommend locally, this way if you don't like it you're not out thousands of dollars. One thing you should be aware of is that they might be undetectable to look at but if people put their hands through your hair it will be detectable. You will have to fess up with anyone you are intimate with. If you can get past that anxiety then they can really work for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by witikajo View Post
    Hi Guys,

24 year old male here with decent receding temples and a slight thinning crown.
    I'm considering a hair system and would like as much advice as you can all give if possible.

I've always had fine hair all my life (never been really happy even before recede) and want it sorted one way or another.
    I'm considering a local clinic at first (yes I know they’re expensive) but I think I should dabble with the professionals before I shop around and this clinic has very good ratings reports.

One thing I’ve noticed about hair systems is they always seem look wet/gelled/greasy when styled is this the products people put on them?
    I would much prefer for mine to look more natural and as natural as possibly. I would probably use clay tip hair products?
    Also are there any hidden or aspects that are negative with these things in terms of styling or can you pretty much do anything with them? Or any recommendations for styling ease?

As I said all feedback and help will be appreciated!
    Pictures would be nice too if possible to see.

Thanks Joe.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Another negative about hair systems is that in mosst cases they need to shave a tract area around the periphery of the balding area and that is where they apply the hair system using bonding material (glue). I have seen that area damaged and thinned out in patients who used hair systems for long periods of time.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

I need to know about the hair systems on the market, and any of them will work for my needs!
    I have been trying all of the different hair systems out there, and most of them seem to end up with some odd issues!! If you know of any at all, please let me know, and I can start my search again!

I also have another question. I like to do custom haircuts for my clients. I do not have a formal education in cosmetology or hair technology. I would like to know how to figure out the correct length of hair for a client. I see many girls at work do some custom haircuts, but they do not know how to do this. Do they do their best based on an educated guess? I want to learn this. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this.