+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The world is a brutal place

I have come to the conclusion, that we live in a brutal, ruthless world. And that, no amount of self help books and acceptance will change this fact.

I was at a wedding yesterday, my friend, good looking, got all the attention from the ladies. Asking him to come up and dance, bride was talking to him A LOT more then me! Even though she criticises him.

In the space of 2 weeks, this has happened TWICE, with 2 different guys. I'm frankly sick of it, to the point that I am contemplating taking fin.

Better looking people tend to get treated better. Period. They will always be served first.

Which brings me to the point:

- Nobody gives a shit about your self-esteem. In addition to hairloss, my nose is crooked, and I have jaw problems. The latter I will be getting corrected.

- If you are truly ugly, just accept that you will be playing second fiddle to the hot guys. And you are more likely to be picked on for your insecurities.

-You may experienced a sense of alienation. Which ****s it up even further, especially with the opposite sex, you'll become needy. "Oh she is showing me attention" - whereas for the reality of the good looking guy, they are so used to it, that they dont CARE, and thus don't display any sense of neediness.

So what are your options:

- Create extreme value in other areas of your life. Career?...Money equals power.

- Get plastic surgery and become better looking. A lot of people frown on this, and just tell you accept shit for what it is. But we don't live in the 12 century anymore. When histogen comes out, I will be the first to jump on the bandwagon. After my orthodontics work is done, I most likely will get a nose job.

I think the key with looks - is to not look UGLY. Many people will settle for average guys, hot girls may too, as long as that guy is not vile as ****. I am not as you can imagine, photogenic. Incidentally, I never have girls ask me to have a photo with me.

And as superficial as looks are, it is important, the first thing people see when they talk to you, is how good you look. If you look bad, feel insecure, I am sure there is a 90% chance you will be bullied.

- Nobody cares if you are rich or poor. They want to know how by hanging out with you, you will benefit them.

- Nobody cares if you are depressed. All they care about is themselves.

There is no room for quarter in the world. Survival of the fittest.

Nobody gives a shit about our self esteem.

Perception dictates reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    OMG YOU MUST BE SKORPION!!11

Ok, seriously though, you're right. We don't live in the 12th Century, and if you can improve your defects, why not? My advice is just don't go too extreme. As I've said countless times before work with what you've got. Straighten your nose, fix your jaw, make your teeth a bit nicer etc. Just enhance your looks, don't try to alter them.

The "plastic surgery gone bad" nonsense is always from people trying to do a Michael Jackson and be somebody they're not (or just a horrendous doctor). Do you research, work out what you really want to achieve, speak with a doctor(s) about how this can be done, and develop some realistic expectations.

I know what it's like to want to get those few extra points in the looks department. For me it's mostly acne. I don't have massive amounts of acne, but just heaps of flat, slightly red spots on my face, occasional bumps, and a small amount of active acne. It just annoys me to think about how attractive I would be with perfect, radiant skin like 95% of the people my age have. I'm actually considering giving laser treatment a go, as it looks like something perfect for the type of acne I have.

Even for looks though, I know that just tweaking my nose a little, and improving my jaw, chin, and mouth area slightly will give me a much more refined and improved appearance. There are just too many haters that think wanting to improve yourself means you have BDD.

Another thing I'd like to add, depending on your situation you might be a candidate for injections instead of implantation. They only last a year or two before going away, but it can always be a low-risk chance to see if you like the result before diving into something more permanent. For my type of work it isn't viable, but it could be for you.

I'm going to make another thread soon if you'd like to comment on it.
    I guess the thing that worries me - after all that. I go bald....which negates it all.

I can't take fin in the lead up to both operations.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I can't take fin in the lead up to both operations.
    What operations?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    What operations?
    jaw and nose.

Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting. Why wouldn't they want you to take fin?

Food for thought.

Out of all my friends the one who gets laid the most is no where near the best looking in the bunch. He is very bald (no surprise sense he gets laid a lot) at a young age and doesn’t’ have a good nose or jaw structure. But…he works out like crazy and constantly tries new sports and activities. Hikes, wakeboarding, snowboarding, partying he enjoys life and he has a laughter and charisma that is unmatched. The ladies may not jump on the band wagon at first sight but you bet you’re a** he has just as good of a shot as Romeo across the dance floor by the end of the night.

Also…..There are starving people in Africa who if you read what you just wrote to them they would look at you with blank eyes. Some people are at such a degree of misfortune that the last thing they have ever thought about was there personal appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting. Why wouldn't they want you to take fin?
    After jaw op I cannot eat. I will also be very physically weak, playing around with fin is therefore not a fantastic idea. I also think I will have to stop meds before the ops.

Nose, not to sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Food for thought.

Out of all my friends the one who gets laid the most is no where near the best looking in the bunch. He is very bald (no surprise sense he gets laid a lot) at a young age and doesn’t’ have a good nose or jaw structure. But…he works out like crazy and constantly tries new sports and activities. Hikes, wakeboarding, snowboarding, partying he enjoys life and he has a laughter and charisma that is unmatched. The ladies may not jump on the band wagon at first sight but you bet you’re a** he has just as good of a shot as Romeo across the dance floor by the end of the night.
    Its not impossible, just harder. Bald guy has to overcompensate for his shortfalls a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I don't believe taking fin will have an effect on recovery. Could you please tell me where you got this information from?
    Doctor dealing with my case.