Threaded View

Default Personal levels of tolerance and acceptance re finasteride sides

Hi guys

I started propecia (branded) just less than 2 weeks ago and all is fine so far - absolutely nothing to report re sides and or results which I expected at this stage. I am really pleased actually that I have started to do something about mpb whilst I still have my hair and hairline.

I obviously did a lot of research on the subject before starting medication. Just a quick observation I guess here.

I get the impression with people taking fin and in relation to the sides they experience, a lot of the time, it is about what that particular individual is willing to tolerate/put up with. I mean, I'm sure some people would discontinue the use of the drug if they encountered for example, testicular pain, where as others (perhaps most in this instance) would plough through.

I think this principle and mindset probably does extend to the more serious sides - like with libido issues or instances of ED - I guess it is how much you value these when compared to the prospect of losing your hair.

Personally I think I would need to get pretty serious sides - like actual gyno or something - before I would contemplate discontinuing the drug. I am determined to give it a full 12 months at least as I understand you can only evaluate fin's effectiveness on you after this time.

Is it fair to say there is this sense of personal levels of tolerance re propecia sides? From what I have read into it I guess this is the case with most prescription drugs that can bring about sides... At what point would you hypothetically discontinue the drug if you got a certain side effect, or side effects got to a certain level? Are these really worse than going bald (I know I sound really vain here but hey I guess we all are a bit on this forum and I am not that ashamed to admit it!)?