Personal levels of tolerance and acceptance re finasteride sides - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyt View Post
    Chrisis - sorry to hear that mate! That is an obvious fear that I have as a person just starting the drug.

    I guess if I experience sides similar to the symptoms you describe that would be a point where I would discontinue the drug. Although I have read that even if you do experience sides they can dissipate with continued use - although I guess you would need to take a considerable leap of faith in these circumstances to continue fin, having experienced such sides already..

    My logic for starting the drug verses the fear of experiencing sides was purely on the basis of the consistency of the numbers relating to those that experience sides in studies. Again I just really hope those studies are accurate/reflect the general populations experiences with fin..
    Thanks bobby. I had the same logic and was also dismissive of side effects for that reason. Lo and behold...

    I don't think the studies reflect actual users. The participants are (for the vast part) older men with advanced balding. Who is to say what effect the drug has on younger men with less aggressive balding? That to me is quite a severe limitation of all of the trials. One study people cite is entirely composed of Japanese men. What can that do other than test its safety for Japanese men? Japan being made up of people who are highly indigenous to that country. It's shockingly unscientific, and this is why Merck have to revise their labels. They know.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyt View Post
    ...or there is simply more of a tendency for people to report negative experiences with the drug, than positive.
    This is human nature. It does not matter what we are talking about, whether is a medication or a bicycle, you are going to read a whole lot more negative information about it than positive information. People who are happy, quietly go about there lives and don't give any further thought. Only those who are unhappy are vocal - and very vocal at that.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    This is human nature. It does not matter what we are talking about, whether is a medication or a bicycle, you are going to read a whole lot more negative information about it than positive information. People who are happy, quietly go about there lives and don't give any further thought. Only those who are unhappy are vocal - and very vocal at that.
    This would be fair if the site was called www.mydickisbroken.com. It's actually called baldtruthtalk.com, therefore I'd expect the forum to be composed of people who are looking for general advice about hair loss. If someone has sexual health issues, I assume they go to a doctor or register at propeciahelp.com.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    So long as you revise your opinion each time...
    One more time. It is not my opinion. My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with this - because I have no opinion about it. So please stop wrongfully calling it my opinion. Doing so is unethical. I know you are capable of being honest, so please do that.

    The information I am sharing is not from Merck. It is from independent knowledge bases about multiple medications that include but are not limited to Finasteride.



    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    This would be fair if...
    You are barking up the wrong tree here. I realize that you don't get it. Unfortunately I do not know how to explain it in more plain English than I already have.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Thanks for the education about my sexual side effects...

    Time will tell who is right on the matter. I'm confident.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Chrisis - did you go to the doctor re your continued sides? Did they attribute it to your use of fin?

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyt View Post
    Chrisis - did you go to the doctor re your continued sides? Did they attribute it to your use of fin?
    Not yet. I'm skeptical they can do anything, so what's the point? I don't see what else could have caused them. The only change in my life around that time that could be relevant is the medication of Propecia. For the rest of my adult life I've had no problems with sexual health.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Time will tell who is right on the matter.
    I really wish you could wrap your head around it and get it. It would help you a lot if you could. You need to get yourself to a doctor.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    I really don't know what there is to "get"? You want me to believe that the medical community is infallible? That they don't sometimes make mistakes, e.g. withdrawing drugs or realising that smoking is dangerous rather than good for you? The fact they've already revised their warnings about Propecia should be enough for anyone to be concerned. That is an admission that they were wrong. Let's not pretend they give a shit about being even more wrong/intentionally misleading.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I really wish you could wrap your head around it and get it. It would help you a lot if you could. You need to get yourself to a doctor.
    Youve made your point. So stop now. There are guys on this forum who have had serious side effects. Whether they were induced by the worry or not is now irrelevant for them now. Your point is valid, but your aggressive posts do no good for men who were harmed by this drug.

    Drop your attitude on threads which you cant possibly understand. Its like me going to a forum and discussing a drug that stops period pains (or whatever), preaching to them that their side effects were mentally induced.

    I agree to some extent with your initial point, but you really do need to shut up and go see the doctor yourself!

    How about I go onto forums of people stressed having lost their jobs, and i tell them that it was their own fault. They induced this by their behaviour. How well do you think that will go down?

    You have valid point, but god damn stop being so damn annoying.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2018, 08:42 PM
  2. Acceptance of Hair Loss
    By FlightTL in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 03:43 PM
  3. Finasteride sides: update (especially for fab and Johny.track131)
    By chrisis in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM
  4. Baldness acceptance from a 25 y/o
    By MacB87 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Two consultations, two opposing opinions?
07-03-2022 10:55 AM
by JFR
Last Post By JFR
Today 02:40 AM
1600 FUE results, short hair, interview, Dr. Lindsey
02-16-2022 04:59 AM
Last Post By joana
Yesterday 07:31 PM
Celebrity Hairline Disasters - How To Avoid the Kyle Christie Effect
02-16-2018 02:47 PM
Last Post By cpahar90
Yesterday 04:06 AM
Question on number of grafts
Yesterday 02:30 AM
Last Post By Omorac1981
Yesterday 04:02 AM
11.06.20 Koray Erdogan 5000 Greft Results
04-18-2022 08:41 AM
by 110620
Last Post By totoking
07-05-2022 11:01 PM