The scalp inflammation/itchy/burning/tingling thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sizzling
    • Aug 2015

I have my own thoughts about diffuse thinning. I think the diffuse thinning happens to everyone.

Everyone lose density with age, even those with a full head of hair. Those who have thick head of hair to start with may never see any scalp till the day they die. People like me who have little to start with succumb quickly. But in my case, it is quite obvious the inflammation had a big part to play in the last couple of years.

By the way, do you guys ever shed grey hair? I think grey hairs are resistant to MPB. And they dont lose thickness. If there is a way to convert black to grey hair just to keep it, i will be first in line

Comment

• Dench57
      • Sep 2014

My GP gave me the go ahead to start on Sulfasalazine tomorrow boys. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Not giving up
        • Jun 2015

Just read up on that stuff, I really hope it works for you Dench. Honestly I do.

My scalp pain continues to be kept at bay by cold water showers. If I use head and shoulders or tricomin I shed less than 5 hairs, if I use regenpure however, must be about 20-30. It's really strange. Either way, my scalp continues to feel okay 95% of time, the other 5% is a mild itch in a specific area that quickly goes.

Keep us posted with your progress Dench, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
          • Feb 2015

Yo guys,

Just a quick update on my sitch. Been off of propecia completely for about a week and two days. Scalp pain in in general is really minimal now. Also, I'm shedding the same amount. If I comb through my hair I lose ten in just one swipe. Lose about 20-30 showering and another 20 just blow drying it. I'm also less horny to a point that actually feels normal and controllable if that makes any sense.

The bad thing is that I have saved up 10k for a transplant now, but I won't be on any Anti androgen drugs.. shitty situation we are all in. I might go back on minoxidil through belgravia in London. They sell an 8% with dht inhibiting ingredients as well as caffeine so that sounds like something that could help. A transplant is the way though.

That's all for now..

Dench, good luck with your new treatment man!!!! Hope you kill off this bull sh**.

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
            IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
            • Oct 2013

Dave123. Did the doctor who ruled out MPB mention anything about unbalanced PH or taking a sample for testing?
            Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
            London, UK - Available (Sat.)
            Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
            Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
            Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
            customer.care@mywhtc.com
            Telephone
            +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
            +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
            les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• mic28
              • May 2015

Any update Dench and Ziggy?

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                • Feb 2015

Hey mic,

I have barely any more inflammation at the hairline. It used to be 24:7 now it will happen maybe twice a day of that?

I'm going to try out 1 mg propecia to make sure that it is definitely that causing my inflammation though. I'll report back in about 1week

Comment

• mic28
                  • May 2015

Hey Ziggy,

Glad to hear that the inflammation is calming down. I haven't taken finasteride in a week or so. Inflammation has calmed down but scalp is still flaky. May take a couple of weeks for that to clear.

Quick update on the 1mg minoxidil. Was at the dermatologist the other day and she said she noticed fluff growing in the temples. I'm a bit skeptical at this early stage so il keep monitoring it. She said it will darken with time so just a matter of waiting.

Have you noticed shedding reducing?

Comment

• Rahul dhruv
                    • Aug 2015

I too have same problem of hair loss. daily i loss hair more than normal. m only 23 now, should i go for hair transplant.

Comment

• Rahul dhruv
                      • Aug 2015

I too have the same problem of etching all over the scalp and to avoid this i wash my hair daily with the medicated shampoo and really believe me it works.

Comment

• mic28
                        • May 2015

Any update guys? Been off finasteride for a couple of weeks now. Shedding isn't crazy but still getting it and scalp is still itchy. Hair is also very thin.
                        Currently on tacrilomus in the evening, hydroxychloroquine and 1mg minoxidil

Comment

• Dench57
                          • Sep 2014

Hey all.

Scalp burning/itching is still 24/7 and getting worse. I can no longer hide the "hotspot" above my right temple that has been burnt away. I had my haircut recently and it looked okay, but now that it's grown out a bit it's much more visible, the long hairs are just wispy and thin. Which sucks because I hate having short hair and love longer hair that I can style.

I tried Sulfasalazine and within 4 days on a low-dose I got aggressive gyno, nipples were really painful/aching. I literally couldn't believe it was happening, like how much more unlucky can I get!? It's not even a listed side effect so I have no idea what is going on with my body. Just another extremely rare reaction that I'll have to deal with now. Been 2 weeks and it continues to progress.

I've been prescribed Doxepin, another tricyclic anti-depressant which reduces burning pain/itching. I pray to god this works but it also has gyno as a side effect, and since i'm already susceptible, I can assume it will make my gyno worse. I have no choice but to try it though, this scalp pain is basically ruining my life, I find it hard to sleep at night because of it and have been missing work.

I'm also in the Setipiprant group buy but that will take a few months to arrive. I've also bought some Daivobet (topical anti-inflammatory with calcipotriol, 10x stronger than the Betacap I was using) which I hope at least can give me temporary relief. Also bought some Adenogen which I'll try out but not expecting much.

Comment

• Dench57
                            • Sep 2014

double post

Comment

• charlie76761
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Dench57
                              double post
                              Hi Dench,i feel your pain. I did have it bad a couple of years ago and eventually got a solution from a great Dermatologist in the form of Cocois lotion which you leave on over night. Lifted heavy plagues etc right off the scalp - amazing stuff and got rid. highly recommend - have you tried. Read the reviews on amazon

Been fine for a while until of late when been using BIM, OC and CB. Itch got fairly intense until the point that a hot shower on my head was not far equaling a big O/ Sex. serious. Dandruff also

I believe the current episode is either the 95% ethanol i was putting on my head or OC... (people had spoke about OC bringing on itch, and i also found it my entire skin was really really itch.. this only occurred after starting OC. V tight correlation)

I've got some Seti and TM coming from Kane (was planning to drop OC and use these) but i think i'm going to drop all Seti/TM and OC for a bit as think they might well be the culprit.. it cant be a co-incidence that someone on the GB from *** spoke about Seti drying and removing all natural oil from his hair to the point that he hardly has to wash it. I believe the CRTH2 inhibitors could be responsible for drying the scalp out and causing itch.. .esp when coupled with ethanol

Are you putting an ethanol products on your scalp (apologies if stated earlier) or anything else?

Comment

• jamesst11
                                • Jun 2014

IDK if we've been over this, probably have a few times...haha... BUT, I had the same thing going on.. NIZORAL 2% SCRUB THAT SHIT IN HARD AND LEAVE FOR LIKE 7 MINUTES, follow with a gentler shampoo and rinse with freezing cold water and apply minox while hair is still damp. That's the only thing that has worked for me. I also apply a cold pack nightly and give it some pressure.

Comment

Working...