+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Double post, excuse me!

But i would like to add that the itchy spots are exactly where hair loss occurs. On these spots i sometimes feel a little 'cut' or pimple. Not a white head pimple but a minature bump that i can scratch off. Around this bump the skin feels 'hot','burning','red' and irritated.
    Last edited by Paganis; 03-08-2016 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Double post...

Hi! Could someone help me? I am in a 6 months use of Ru,topical spiro,miconazole,hydrocortisone(2 times/week),sulfasalazine,oral and topical castor oil,a topical(lavender oil,rosemary,caffeine,zinc,b6),antihistamine cream- all of that only on my temples...and dermarolling once every 10 days.My hairline receded a lot in this 6 months and my hair is diffuse all over my head.After this shedding of my entire hairline,the hairs grown back for about 1/2 inch and it wouldnt grow longer.They stay that way and my hairline is destroyed.I tried propecia but it accelerated my frontal loss the same.Now,i have a question.When i pull my hair,it has a white bulb at the end.But in front in my hairline,when i pull a vellus hair that it has grown,it has a black bulb What it means?From what i read,black bulb is a good sign but i dont know for sure.Can someone help me here?Sry for my bad english

Anyone?

Default Still ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    Hey Jrlish, have you been taking propecia?
    I started fin back in Jan and was on it for about 3 months and has such heavy shed a some sides that I weaned off. I just recently started it again (.5 mg) as there have been no other options and the itching and burning is unbearable where I'm willing to accept some of the sides if they come back. It seems to be helping a bit, but still heavy shed (diffuse and about 40-60 in the shower and xx out). I'm close to shaving it as I can see my scalp wet or dry now and it's becoming difficult to style. Crazy to have the barber's always wanting to thin my hair to being almost bald in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Paganis View Post
    Double post, excuse me!

But i would like to add that the itchy spots are exactly where hair loss occurs. On these spots i sometimes feel a little 'cut' or pimple. Not a white head pimple but a minature bump that i can scratch off. Around this bump the skin feels 'hot','burning','red' and irritated.
    I get those as well... Also the feeling of an infect follicle. Haven't found anything to help that. The derm even had me try some antibiotics.

I get this sensation as well. For me it is not severe, it's more of a mild on-and-off tingling at my crown area, and it also appears in short bursts at my hairline and temples.

It's on and off, and for that reason I actually thought Finasteride had done the job for a while shortly after I first started taking it (back in February). Nope, the itching continued, although it is still not as bad as it was before I started taking Fin.

I've only ever experienced what I'd call "burning" no more than a few times. The few times I felt it, it was very sharp and fast, lasting no more than 2 seconds, and every time it was exactly on the spot where my crown parting is.

I'm also a diffuse thinner but I still have a fairly decent amount of hair everywhere, I don't really show unless there's strong light shining on my head.

I find my hair being clean or dirty makes no difference.

My hair shedding is somewhat more uniform, and I don't necessarily see more shedding whilst or after the itching. There are times where I go a few days seeing almost no hair falling out, but most of the time I'd say my shedding is mild-to-moderate. I've never experienced my hair falling out in dramatic amounts or clumps.

However, and this is weirdest, I can pinpoint when the itching first started almost down to the exact minute. For me, the realisation that I was balding was very sudden and on-the-spot, I panicked and in quite comical desperation I bought some spray that apparently makes your hair look thicker (it did nothing). As soon as I sprayed that on my hair, boom itch. Never stopped for longer than a couple weeks since, although I don't know if I blame the product since I've never used it again.

It almost makes me think this itching is a psychological thing, that worrying about it makes it come on more. My itching started almost as soon as I knew I was balding, and it slowed again when I started Finasteride (perhaps because I felt security on it and put it to the back of my mind). I have to say I also don't notice it itching so much if I'm out or have my mind set on other things.

have to agree to some degree about the itching being a psychologicall thing. I do feel an itch exactly at the corners of my hairline where im receeding..its on and off but it actually rarely itch. but I have a pretty thin Crown im thinning there the fastest and I got NO itching there whatsoever never feel an itch there. yet im thining there pretty fast. I have no burning feeling either and no dandruff, scalp is in perfect condition. and its also loose not tight yet balding fast at the back. its all just so weird man...why itch only on the hairline sometimes? but never the Crown or mid scalp?? im diffuse thinner...what helps an itchy scalp would be ice Cold shower. some head massages always kills it for a long time. or combing the scalp to try to move the blood around and possibly boost bloodflow. also topicall garlic juice really helps to reduce or remove the itching. some oils can do it too..like emu oil or any kind of oil infact.

Hi...I'm also the one who has itchy, inflamed scalp, every few days. I didn't visit the doctor because they gonna give me chemical shit and that is it. I believe the problem is inside, not outside.
    So this is how it happened...year or two ago in winter time(I live in Canada), I was running with my hat in really cold weather. It started with wearing the hat. I thought problem is extreme sweat or extreme dryness or the hat. I washed it many many time, and changed the hat but it didn't help. I started using Tea tree conditioner and that was helping me. It didn't cure but it helped. I hated that I had to leave it sit for several minutes. Never ever I had wash my hair like that. I usually just rub shampoo, wash it right away and no problems.
    Then after I while I kind of got capsulitis on my feet. I also had horrible dandruff issue. I tried everything, all the shampoos, conditioners, applce cider vinegar, baking soda, salt water and none of that helped. Then eventually I came across Selsun blue and so far that one relieves itch and inflammation for few days, but I have to wash my hair every second day. Lucky if I make it in third day. Also that shampoo helped with dandruff.

But, I mention capsulitis on my feet. That is also some sort of inflammation that cannot be explained(I even stopped running for a month or two but nothing changed). Then I started reading and reading I somehow I came across with COD liver oil vitamin pills. Once I had one that inflammation was gone in seconds(on feet)! Same thing happened with scalp itch. I was shocked. Since then, probably for year and half I'm having those COD liver oil pills and that helps me. When I have an itch it stops right away. Dandruff is completely gone, if I stop taking those pills. Inflammation and dandruff come back in matter of days(doesn't matter what shampoo I use).

I remember how I discovered it, I was working and I had that extreme crazy itch that I want to cut my head off. So annoying, the accidentally I bought some banana milk shake on the gas station and it stopped itch right away. Then I thought for a second and came to conclusion that there is some ingredient that my body needs or it is not making it. That milkshake has lot of shit in it, but there are also some vitamins like A or D or smthg similar.

That is when I started reading and trying things. I think first I got that COD liver oil and that help me unbelievably, I thought it was vitamin A or D deficiency then I was excited to try those vitamins by itself, but it didn't help. So I came back to those one. I tried many others but they don't do anything, what I read was that ratio has to be specific otherwise it doesn't work. I'm taking Webber COD Liver oil, with 1250 IU Vitamin A and 100 IU Vitamin D. I don't know exactly how that helps but I tried many other oils from the same brand and from other one but nothing helps me as this one.
    Also, everything that has something like that in it helps me right away. Walnuts, salmon, some certain cereals that I eat in the morning(I mix chia, quinoa, flax seed and others) that also stopped itch after I eat. I think also eggs, but I'm frying them with oils so maybe it is oil ,maybe it is eggs. For feet inflammation also turmeric helped(as best natural anti inflammatory product, I don't remember if it helped me with scalp though)
    I thought maybe that I'm missing Omega's, I tried those pills as well but it doesn't help. I thought maybe it is the sun deficiency(Vitamin D) but not that either.
    I didn't cure my itch and inflammation but those COD Liver oil pills help me a lot, together with that Selsun blue. I bought yesterday Flaxseed oil so we'll se if that helps, if not I will try walnut oil because they are different "family" of Omega 3.

I started reading also about that and then I came across fatty acids imbalance. Because all those things that help me are rich in fatty acids, so I thinK that my body stop producing them or they are barely producing anything. And then when I get the "shot" of it helps me right away.

Whoever has scalp inflammation please try COD liver oil vitamin pills(or food with fatty acids, walnuts, COD, salmon etc). Shampoo's and conditioners won't help because out issue is internal, not external that is why I never visited doctor. Beside that, finding here a good doctor who cares it's mission impossible.
    If it's fatty acids imbalance then now I/we have to start figuring out the cure to get it back to how was it before(with no itch or inflammation).
    I come from Europe where is also very humid air, so I thought dry canadian air cause it, but I'm using humidifier and it doesn't make any difference.

Please who ever has the same issue, just try it and let me know if it helps you, then we can start looking and share the possible cures. Medicine hasn't got there yet...so I guess it is up to us...

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    About 8-9 months I think, cannot exactly recall when I added dutas.
    As for the itch, it was mainly in the frontal just behind hairline, mid region and vertex. Vertex and mid region were terrible.
    And also note that itch 80% gone, not completely but it feels so much better now. Before this regimen I used to take 1 mg dutas daily, and it wasnt helping with the itch at all. I stopped it and did not use anything for like 15-20 days, then I started the fin and saw palmetto. And after sometime I added 2x weekly dutas because I felt fin might be too light for me after a complete year of dutasteride.
    I started taking fin to cover up a bald spot on the top of my head from a accident when I fell from a great height on my skull.

Since then as a child I had no hair that would grow there.

I took fin and began getting insane hairline itch and burn, my hairline is basically gone at the temples now completely.

I have stayed on fin out of hope things will get better but I'm 100% certain the itchy burny scalp started after I began fin

Hello Everyone,

I have a hot scalp, I find I have to take a shower everyday and change clothes multiple times a day. My face also gets sweaty as a result and I have to take multiple showers everyday. I have tried tea tree, peppermint oil and various hair care products that I have used after my shower, nothing has worked. I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed me with seborrheic dermatitis and have taken medicine for neuralgia, nothing has improved my scalp. I find I have to use cold water on my scalp in the shower, if I do not my head get even more hot and irritated. I also find I have a temperature sensitivity in that cold temperatures work better for my scalp. Please help me I have no idea what I have. I am also losing some strands of hair before and in the shower as a result of repeated showers.
    Last edited by DSusan; 10-09-2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: more stuff to add